1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

CoT - Help with 4 star team!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Averavic, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Averavic

Averavic

IGN/ID:
    Averavic242
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    41 CoD, 35 CoT
    Hey folks. I really suck at the 4 star matches. After accumulating 5 stars I started to get rid of my left over 4 stars... Then I realized that the 4 star CoT matches were a thing and I had to build a 4 star team with scraps ><

Right now I am using:

White Tiger - Didi - Pei Lin
    Rosaria - Meg - Kri'Veya
    Igrit - Juno - Ramia
    Mute

I haven't been able to win a single one of the 4 star matches. Help! Any rivals to look out for in particular???

2. YoungPhoenix

YoungPhoenix

IGN/ID:
    Max87
    Club:
    White Lotus
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    To start things off, here's the team I use to clear those four challenges.
    Screenshot_20160830-181355.png

In my experience, the most important part of those matches is speed, since I believe all of them stipulate that you win within a certain time frame. To that end, you'll notice that my entire mid consists of players who provide an action speed line buff. Additionally, almost everyone has at least one action speed stone, except for Sam and Black Mash. The next most important facet to consider is spirit gen, since I think at least two of the matches require you to use X number of active skills within a particular time frame. That's why this team is particularly leader heavy and values players who can generate spirit quickly.

Taking those points into consideration should help you build a team that is capable to beating those challenges. It's good to see you already have Didi. Not only does she have an action speed buff she also gives you a bunch of spirit to start, plus generates a ton when penetrating. She doesn't hit particularly hard though, so I gave mine an Earth's Cry to help her out. You'll probably also want to equip yours with ample reflex stones or CA resist stones as she has naturally low reflexes and tends to give up the ball frequently. Juno is also a good pick since she generates a good deal of spirit off a successful counterattack, so load her up on reflex stones. I'm not a huge fan of White Tiger as your main assist. She's not particularly fast, and even worse, she debuffs the action speed of the enemy line with a pass. Under normal circumstances, that would be a good thing, but in the challenge, since you're already on the clock, it can mean you might run out of time before you can get your final shot off, especially if your front line isn't fast enough to steal the ball back. In cases like that, both sides just end up staring each other down while the clock ticks down. That's why I opted for Hyun since her first passive buffs her action speed and her third buffs it even further with a pass, ensuring that she'll get to move when the time is right.

In terms of rivals you might want to keep an eye out for, it seems you lack a really strong linebreaker, so I would consider players like Ami, Teddy, or Sena for that role, All of those players either have an innate speed buff or a means of action bar recovery, I'm personally training up Ami to replace Hines since she recover 35% of her action bar with a crit, and gains extra crit chance when penetrating. All this being said, I don't think there's an sure fire way to beat those challenges. I'm sure other people have constructed teams using a different paradigm that is just as successful, but I hope some of this advice is helpful to you. Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have, either here or in a private message.

3. Averavic

Averavic

IGN/ID:
    Averavic242
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    41 CoD, 35 CoT
    Thanks for all the great pointers! That is awesome! I've got a couple of follow up questions/ comments too. I'm starting to think the main problem is my lack of investment in my 4 star team.

Do you actually give stones to all your 4 stars? Because in all honesty I don't have the stones for that! Hahaha. Maybe that's the trouble. My main team still has 3 star stones in some places, and most of them are only +9 right now. I find it quite pricey at this point to invest in stones for a side team like that.

Do you notice a big difference after STing them as well? Except for Juno mine are all 4 stars still.

4. YoungPhoenix

YoungPhoenix

IGN/ID:
    Max87
    Club:
    White Lotus
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    You bring up a good point, because I strongly believe that many of the CoT challenges are geared towards end game players whose primary teams are completed and who have the extra resources to invest in alternate players to clear particular challenges. This is most evident in the 4* player challenges, as chances are good that outside of those matches, those 4* players aren't going to see any action.

I do have stones equipped on all of my players. They are all 4* stones and most are at +15. Five of them even have unique stones at +15. All of the players are also mspu and ST'd to 5*. Previously, I attempted to clear those challenges without stones and was unable to, so I really believe full investment is necessary in order to win. I'm also a baddie though, so it's entirely possible that I just needed to overgear myself in order to not suck as much and that other people have been more successful with less. As for whether or not STing to 5* makes a huge difference over 4*, I can't say definitively since I didn't even attempt the challenges until my players were already 5*. I think it would make a big difference though, since we've already established that stones play a big role, and STing to 5* unlocks that 3rd stone slot.

So all things considered, I wouldn't feel discouraged if you can't beat those challenges right now. I've found that they do require quite a bit of investment in order to overcome, and in players that won't otherwise be helpful in other areas of the game. I would definitely recommend you maintain your focus on finishing out your main team first, but you can still start planning ahead. Formulate a plan and then go through the player book and find players that fit into it, and every time you find one of them, work on getting them to mspu. That's what I did. It was a slow process, but it eventually paid off, and now I can consistently beat those challenges. Again, feel free to ask me any other questions you might have and I'll do my best to provide helpful information. Best of luck to you!

Averavic likes this.
  5. Averavic

Averavic

IGN/ID:
    Averavic242
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    41 CoD, 35 CoT
    Thanks for the pointers, mate! I think I will take it slow like you said. Look out for potentially useful 4 stars and just mspu (and maybe ST) them as I go. I was mainly thinking that with just a couple more CoT wins I could get a 5* Meris every two weeks :3 I'm not going to give up, but I'll work on gradually improving my team in the meantime.

I do really appreciate the help! I'll be sure to ask you if I think of any other questions about those CoT or CoD matches.

Cheers!