1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Dark Cult of Ronald (The True King)

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by NEET, Mar 17, 2018.

1. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Ronald Base stats deconstructed
    Has chain with linberg for 40% defense
    Has chain with orse for 20% hp
    Has native Ador slot for dense magma for 25% pen resist, 25 crit resist.

These are really high stats, with active block thats 85% pen resist and 80% decressed damage without couting stones or team buffs, when considering this high defense stats in a standard dark blackline he basicly wont take any damage.

Join our cult
    Very few have beheld his greatness, beyond the comprehension of the unenlightened.
    Hail the dark lord Ronald

Harken to his true name, Rögnvaldr
    Old norse for regin of ruler
    King Ronald > King jin
    Pledge fealty to Ronald

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Well, bad news for Willy i guess. That crit rate wont do anything.

But it has to be more than 80% to stand against >100% crit rate striker, so DM will act like a savior, and some Ardor reflex stone at prism, it'll reach >100% crit resist :eek:

A strong frontline that can counter Rögnvaldr Sure a great threat, Like Ravian and Vonchi for example, and another Striker w/ great reflex, considering Rögnvaldr don't heals when he gets attacked or stealed upon.

For any other striker, Rögnvaldr still on the top, with note: when he gets his block active, hhehehehehehehe

3. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    its 90% crit resist with only 1 stone, and no help from team members. should be able to stack it without much effort to over 160%.

Rav AI only steals once per match, unless GK reachs 1shot hp levels she wont steal again. Also rav is famous for having very low pen power since its suppriseing hard to stack it on her; all ravs needs to put most of thier resouces in crit damage to deal decent damage.

as for vonchi and healing, The higher level pvp you get your GK hp sort of fades into "number of hits" (2-3 shots), unless healing would barely give you enough hp to tank a extra shot then you havent actally archived anything. These numbers are assumeing both teams are useing maxed out strikers and top line so the damage done is normally within +-10% per striker. The idea player in the top ranks will build his GK thinking "i need to tank 2 miri shots, 3 vonchi shots, 3 kyoko shots, if i do X then i could tank one more shot from Y player at the cost of tank less shot from Z player".

Anyways i was going off topic to explain
    My point was Ronald is actally good, a forgotten player which people dont give enough crit for.
    Ronald + duran = 100% effective pen power resist btw, am sure if you really tried you can stack 200% crit resist with the use of certain stacking buffs. There is alot you can do with him

4. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    The last tough enough Ronald that i fought, could tank about 2 shot from my Shanti, without any healing, and it was mono.

3600 + hp, that number was pretty good i guess, but his crit resist was bad that day, before the update's

5. Querry

Querry Champs

IGN/ID:
    Querry
    Ronald is bae and chains very well. I’m already on Team Ronald.

6. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Meh. Sorry to say, but Ronald remains lackluster. I really wish he was better, but the fact he relies too much on players that either are Mono Element only (Patricia and Lindberg) or that don't give any defensive buff at all other than chain (Orses) really hurts him as a endgame GK. Here's hoping BB updates his chains in a not so distant future, so he can be more reliable.

AquaXxX likes this.
  7. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    "Reliable", yeah.

Okay, Ron got pen and crit resist pretty high, but Hp is a problem with a high damage striker, such as Kyoko and Sharr. Kyoko much rely on crit damage and crit rate, so if she doesn't crit, your day is made. Sharr is difficult one, as she got elemental disadvantage damage increase against dark and Gk. They shoot about 1500 damage with their active and Ron non active block, and about 500~800 with active, but number could change sometimes.
    Hiro is a big troublesome also, but he's not popular as Kyoko and Sharr.

Rainbow Ronald is not recommended as he got nothing from the chain, and making your backline full of dark players. For mono, he'll got bonus from Hp+crit resist Ace.
    +200 hp if PC is equipped, but not good enough.

Dead at: 3-5 shot's if well built, and mono ofc

8. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    I wont say lackluster, Not meta god tier like pesty/kirna/glayde, but he isnt "crap" tier like everyone thinks he is. When you add up his native stats compaired to other GKs, he actally has a very good starting point to work with; it is very possable to get into glaxay with a ronald GK (will it as easy as pesty? no, possable? yes).

"Orses dosent bring any defense buffs" She isnt meant to, she is a dark team line breaker. Starts with 100% crit rate, can buff herself with a +75% crit damage. will debuff thier postion for 60% hp, reflex, 45% crit rate.
    you could say a -45% crit reduction is as good as giving your GK 45% crit res (inbefore stacking buff), and a reflex debuff is a form of counter attack reduction.
    Its just how dark teams work, relative advantages rather than trying to out buff the other team.

You could make the same point about any GK, on how there base stats dont look impressive unless they had a certain team + certain stones
    My point of the thread was, he is underrated

9. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Just "underrated" doesn't mean bad right? Just less used by most ppl, due to Op gk like Presty or Glayde or Kirna they had.

10. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    The term under rated normally refers to what the words littarlly mean. "rated lower than it should be".

Alot of this has to do with internet gaming cluture. here is a example of what normally happens
    pro/top level: "This player gives me a overall 3-5% advantage over a diffrent player"
    Upper level: "Them higher players used this build, if i copy it then i will climb a bit easyer"
    Mid tier: "look at how many high ranked people use a certain build, it must be good"
    newbie will ask "is x player good?", someone will say "yeap its decent", mr "high ranked = big ego" will come in and say "no, all the good people use Y player, trust me am high ranked"
    ^ This is normally how the "if its not top tier its trash" view point comes from.

If i were to example why it happens. In any game eventally in some patch or blanceing a char will go slightly above the "power curve" of the game, either due to updates or being at a advantage in common situations (this applies to mobas and mmos too). Someone who is able deduce information at a high level (this person does not need to be high ranked/skilled) will discover a piece of infomation and it eventally gets passed on to someone of a higher skill/rank. At this point this is second hand information already with either parts missed out or not a complete understanding of why it works. Anyone eles copying what said high skilled/ranked player is doing is useing 3rd or 4th hand information, they may still benfit from it but are mostly unable to produce any derivative works out of it.. But as long as such people strong belive what they know even at a incompete level, they will mistake "knowing" as actal "knowlege"

Going back to soccer sprites, if someone discovered and proved how Crit damage resist, and Pen resist is the strongest (strongest might mean 10-15% better) stat in the game due to math or how it coutners stat spreads of common used strikers. and added "oh btw pesty is really good at stacking crit damage resist". Peoeple useing 3rd/4th hand information will just say "pesty is really good cuz high stats, she is uber godly"; and you will see alot of these people are building said player wrong without useing the advantage in the 1st place.

I just relised i offtended a good 70% of said "high ranked" players so i shall quickly press this topic onwards

non GK legend example: Glayde vs ronald
    Ronald base stats:
    [Block] decreases the damage coming from shoots by 60% and increases the penetration resistance by 50%. [Block more useful than forward pass]
    35% decressed damage [equal]
    65% crit resist [20% more]
    pen resist 10% [5% less]

HP 40%
    20% defense
    debuff 25% action speed

Glayde base stats
    [Forward Pass] Recovers the action bar by 30%, HP by 40%, and 40% of the designated target.
    35% decressed damage [equal]
    35% crit resist [-20% less]
    15% pen resist [5% more]

Recovers 25% of the lost HP (reduced in pvp) and 20% spirit when an ally within the position makes a pass.
    Increases the effect of the applied support passive skills on you by 40%

Compairing
    Glayde noteable advantage is the 40% more buffs recived, lets look at what its worth
    Glayde needs to be affected by +100% hp to be equal to ronalad's base
    Glayde needs to be affected by +50% defense to be equal to ronalad's base
    Glayde needs to be affected by +50% crit resist to be equal to ronalad's base
    All of these stats needs to be provided by totems just to be equal to ronald, before someone says "thats easy its not even a contest"

lets bring up a real in game example
    Bell + Altair + nerua + vantiy (a common mono thunder line) =
    50% crit res [equal vaule to ronald]
    20% defense [-30% under]
    80% hp [-20% under]
    +20%(24% after passive) decressed damage [+4% higher]
    +10% pen resist (14% after passive) [+4% higher for 9% higher total]

Even after including a ideal mono thunder backline, we can see both players are still rather competitive to eachother. Someone might say 9% pen ressist, 4% decressed dmaage, is better than 30% defense, 20% hp, and one time 50% pen resist block, but these advantages are compairable to eachother. The only way to inflate Glayde teams to be much better than Ronald is if you included other team wide buffs from a diffrent postion, or certain legend players

The only case where a Glayd clealy wins over a ronald would invole a fleix (legend) ace, + a duran (legend) in the backline

QED
    Ronald isnt actally much worse than a Glayde when they are both mono teams
    Rainbow Glayde with a fleix ace is better than Rainbow Ronald
    The average set up where Glayde is clearly better than Ronald involes 3 legends (bell, fleix, duran)
    Otherwise they are both fairly simular in terms of overall power levels

After post message:
    To the average person reading this and thinking "why dont i see any super op ronalds, just a ton of super op glaydes?"

Simple people belive glayde is much much better beacuse of certain high levels players useing her, so they dont hesitate to make a lv70, 5 superb, +160 power up, ideal u-stone and +15.

ronnald is unpopular for being unpopular, he is likly only 10-15% lower stats at the "best team" level but people seem to treat him like trash tier, when in reality the diffrence is small

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    AquaXxX likes this.
  11. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Just saying that Ronald's Backline, mostly in the endgame needs a lot effort to get ball out from the line. While Glayde is a fw passer, so it's lot easier than using Ronald + 1 fw/long passer

I agree due to Ronald decentness, even compared to Jin in terms of durability. He's not bad in defending ball. If he become new meta, even Willy can't do a single crit on him.

What ppl do atm is bringing ball upfront asap.

Block active is really undoubted good, and i know that foward passer Gk's not good enough to tank those shot's.

I can say that, fw passer Gk's is just an semi-Gk as they don't provided any "self-protection" active such as block, power ups, shields, or enhancements.

Glayde and Alexa is not real Gk.

I don't use him, simply just because he's not ideal waifu material, that's it :D

Ronald with PC and 2 Dark Hp stone is still decent one, i'll note that

12. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:

The ideal Dark backline would always invole a [Paticia + Lindberg+Krishna]+[Orse or Pinol]

If i were to break it down
    Pat: 15% DD, 25% hp, 25% crit + 30% [reduced damage from light ador]
    Lind: 40% Defense, 25% hp, 20% CA
    kirsh: 30% CR, 30% defnese

Totaling postion buffs
    50% hp
    40% defense
    15% decressed damage
    25% crit rate
    30% crit resist
    30% Counter attack resist
    (these numbers do not include chains)

you will notice that Pat, Lind, Krish are all very powerful breaker in their own right. They could all have 100% crit rate without stones, high base reflexs, all the need is offten just crit damage stone and they can 1 shot assit/totems a good 80% of the time.

4th slot normall goes to orses or pinol since they can both lower the other teams crit chance (which is basicly more crit resist). Orses will start with more 100% crit chance, and has her own native crit damage passive so she will always 1 shot thier top line

So with this example, all 4 players could actally break (or do most of thier hp in damage) while all having low chance of being couter attacked. Unless you counted a legend pick like bell then a mono dark backline actally has more breaking power than a mono thunder.

In end game pvp, when both teams are maxed out then the mono dark is able to 1 shot from any postion
    as for end game pve, a foward pass isnt that useful since eventally you will need to break again by killing one of thier players.

I think i just about proved how ronald isnt "bad" like everyone says he is on his own, or in a standard team comp

This is when BB will give him a female skin and all the waifu collectors would buy him

might as well suggest
    female kei
    male isslia

Its a shame how male players tend to be under rated

Edit post for offtopic comment

65% base crit res + 30% postion buff + 20% chain = 115% passive crit resist (no stones)
    Orses 45% crit debuff + sera 30% crit debuff = 75% stacking crit resist (for 190% total)
    Kirsh active crit debuff 60% for 240% total effective crit resist (no stones)

^ dark teams have a deceptitively high damage resistance after facoring debuffs

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    AquaXxX likes this.
  13. xXPhoenixXx

xXPhoenixXx Fabulous banana

IGN/ID:
    RainbowUnicorn
    Club:
    LoliAlliance
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    Ronald was my first gk :D

14. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    that "Female genderbend skin".

Oh well, at least they got femme battalion Baltheon and Female Vitos on the dark side :D
    Hoping, that male Isillia though. :eek:

15. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    And you dumb him :D

16. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Sorry, but he IS lackluster. Your Orses argument is decent, but do have in mind that 1) you need to stack THREE TIMES to make it relevant; 2) It's a debuff, so every time the enemy striker goes to 0 HP, he/she gets all the crit rate back again.

As for Glayde, you got it all wrong: it's not about Glayde's getting great final values, but how easy it is for her to reach them. Using Glayde has the advantage of giving you room to build your backline in any way you want. Want to stack CDR like a madman? No problem. Want to stack a lot of penetration resistance? Still doable, even without rerolling stone slots. Want to go crit resist and watch a lot of strikers deal no damage at all? Not difficult to get at all. At the end of the day, no matter what kind of defensive strategy you're seeking, Glayde allows you to use them all, to the point of even being able to stack a lot of more than one (DR+CDR, DR+CR, DR+PR, DR+HP and so on). Not only that, but her chains are ages better than Ronald's, since many of the players you see there are more than viable outside Mono Element: Haru for lightning fast midline reflex walls or those annoying Kirin frontlines; Karpila is a great assist and Askeladd can be used in literally any kind of setup you want. Hell, even Veronica can be used just fine, if you're going for a hybrid team with a Thunder striker!

I like the fact that you're advertising Ronald, I really do. We could REALLY use more player diversity in PvP matches and I approve any gesture towards that goal. However, I cannot, on behalf of that goal, simply ignore Ronald's flaws and say he's worth more than he actually is. His kit is much better now, but he's still behind Glayde, Alexa or Angela in overall efficiency and even more in chains. Find me a Rainbow Ronald that is actually tough to beat (+30 APU Ronalds won't count) and I'll be more than happy to change my mind.

17. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    It is true that its easyer to build Gladye into a certain build, Its more to the point of remembering that she starts off with lower stats than other GKs. You have to go all in and build your team around her (alot of lower ranked players simply pick her and not use this advantage in thier team set up). I would call her a budget GK that is cheap to edit, can she do well stacking almost any stat? yes. Can she stack the highest posstable stat? no. If your super hard core you would have 5 or 6 GKs capped and to min-max for certain stat builds, Like glayde would never have Pesty's crit damage resist, Jin's max hp, Kei's decressed damage. The important thing is I never called glyade bad, just there are better choices in some situtations and other GKs are that far behind

Ronald being "lack luster" is true to that he dosent have one super high stat, or some interesting effect; Just really high averages in everything. I never called him the top GK in the game, just said he is under rated and dont deserve to be called "trash". Ronald is viable, in fact there were 3 ronalds in the top 200 pvp last season (but all of them are mono teams). Is rainbow Ronald good? no (even i wont try in the current patch of the game)

mono Ronald vs mono Glayde : compairable and competitve depending on set up
    Rainbow Ronald vs rainbow glaude: ronald loses every time

PaxMilitae likes this.
  18. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    And that's exactly what bothers me: a Lot of 5* GKs can do great or at least be viable in Hybrid/Rainbow setups, while Ronald can't. Sure, you can always +30 APU him if you're dedicated enough, but honestly, most 5* GKs (even Zibroi) will do much better with the same level of investment.