1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Info Damage and DR calculators

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by Takachii, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Takachii

Takachii

IGN/ID:
    Takachii
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Post originally made on soccerspirits reddit:

As the calculator in this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/3d3421/math_damage_formula_calculator is outdated, I have made a new calculator for calculating the amount of damage that your striker will deal to a given GK. Most of the calculations is already covered in that link as well, so I will not dabble too much in formulas.

**Elemental Advantage/Disadvantage, Elemental Damage Increase/Reduce skills**

What I will mention though is how the elemental advantage (EAdv)/disadvantage(EDis) and elemental damage increase (EDI)/reduce (EDR) affect the damage dealt to the GK.

The formula in the case of a critical hit is:

Damage = Base Damage * (1 + (Crit Dmg + EAdv + Add Dmg) / 100) * (1 + EDI / 100) * (1 - EDis / 100) * (1 - EDR / 100)

Where Crit Dmg is Critical Damage and Add Dmg is Additional Damage to GK (e.g. Sharr’s Flaming Storm passive).

What this means is that Elemental Advantage will not actually increase your striker damage by 25% if he/she crits or if he/she has a skill like Sharr’s Flaming Storm.

**Calculators**

Now the practical part. You can find the calculator in this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...XOBvJhxpq_y0AIg5e3YjGlxPxo/edit#gid=703177835, this a google spreadsheet so don’t expect anything fancy :x

Please note that this calculator is only meant to calculate damage dealt from a striker to a GK.

* Basic Damage Calculator

The basic damage calculator, just enter Dribble, Crit Dmg, Elemental variables, DR, defense and Crit Dmg Resist. It will return damage dealt to the GK crit and non crit, vs 1, 2 and 3.

This should be fairly easy and straightforward to use.

* Comprehensive Damage Calculator

The meat of the course, this calculator will allow you to calculate how much damage striker will deal to a GK without even having to take a step on the field! (well assuming you know the gk stats).

You will be able to enter all the striker stats such as power, speed, attack power, etc… as well as the assist stats. In return, you will get the striker dribble on shot, received pass, and the assist in-game pass as well.

There is an optional Additional Stone field as well to make it more convenient to compare 2 stones and find out which stone will provide more damage. You may need to use it in conjunction with the DR calculator if you are comparing DI and penetration.

You can find player stats at SSherder: https://ssherder.com/ website.

* DR calculator

Don’t know what stone to use for your striker? Penetration? Damage Increase? What about your GK? PoME? Dense Magma?

Well look no further! You can use this calculator to help you decide which stone you want to use. You will be able to make simulations on how your striker pen/DI will affect GKs with various amount of DR/pen resist and vice-versa.

This calculator is also needed to obtain the “DR on shot” that is required for both the basic and advance (comprehensive) damage calculator.

* Reflex calculator

This is the first calculator I actually made when I was curious about how much Metatron reflex would drop if I 7* st’ed her, so I might as well leave it there.

This should be straightforward to use, just enter the required data.

**In Closing**

Any comments, questions, suggestions etc… are welcome. I may include a EHP (Effective HP) calculator in the future if there is enough interest or/and I’m bored enough.

Also note that I cannot guarantee the calculators to be 100% accurate as the game seems to have some peculiar method of rounding, but it should be about 99.9% accurate in general.

2. Takachii

Takachii

IGN/ID:
    Takachii
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    I just can't seem to able to edit the main post at the moment, so I'll post this here:

Note: The google spreadsheet can be edited by anyone that has the link to it. If you don't want to risk having people overwriting your data, feel free to download a local copy to your computer or make a copy to your Google Drive. If you re-post the calculator to a different website, please make sure to credit it.

Updated 02/09/2016

v1.13: Important fix: Fixed Ele Dmg Calculation, forgot to include penetration effect on it. EHP calc is usable but doesn't work well with Angela as it is right now.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    As far as I know, this statement is incorrect. Unless there is some recent update that changed how it works.
    Sharr's Flaming Storm does not do elemental advantage damage, it is just additional damage vs certain elements (WW?/Dark) and general additional damage vs GK.
    Crit damage and all other additional damage modifiers, ie. Flaming Storm, are additive.
    Ardor vs WW would be elemental advantage and that 25% bonus is a separate multiplier, it is multiplicative with crit dmg and additional damage. You can test this by getting rid of Sharr's Flaming Storm and have her crit against a WW GK and some non-dark GK accordingly. The damage will be exactly 25% more.

4. Takachii

Takachii

IGN/ID:
    Takachii
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    I have obviously tested the Calculator before releasing it, and I actually had to figure it out with in-game testing because the old reddit post was confusing to me and was missing some parts.

I have verified that the calculator gives the same results as in-game multiple times with Sharr and Shanti, I also reset Sharr's flaming storm for testing purposes, so I'm confident in that formula
    Damage = Base Damage * (1 + (Crit Dmg + EAdv + Add Dmg) / 100) * (1 + EDI / 100) * (1 - EDis / 100) * (1 - EDR / 100)

If you want to run your own tests and compare with the calculator results and they don't match (with pics at the very least or better a video). Please post it and I will revisit it again myself.

Edit: also I never said that Flaming Storm does elemental advantage damage, in the sentence you quoted, I was referring to the Additional Damage dealt to GK part of the skill, which is added together with Crit Dmg and EAdv to create the first multiplier.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Takachii

Takachii

IGN/ID:
    Takachii
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Here you go:

Sharr deals 7,522 dmg which is within 0.1% margin of error of the calculator. Sorry can't post screenshot of the calculator (which outputs 7,527), keep getting error >.>

6. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    I didn't have time to test and give a screenshot, but I did take a look at your calculator.
    On Elemental Advantage, the 25% multiplier is calculated additively. On Elemental Damage Increase, it was calculated multiplicatively. So, the final result would be correct if we use both numbers, in the case of Sharr.
    I checked the document by just taking off that 25% from the Elemental Damage Increase stat and it dropped the damage by 25%, which would mean it is being calculated multiplicatively.

Edit: It seems like your formula uses Elemental Damage Increase as multiplicative? I will have to go get the screenshot to show you that isn't the case. Elemental Advantage is multiplicative, but Elemental Damage Increase is additive. I guess the quickest way to check is with Griffith, since her value is 35% and not 25%.

7. Takachii

Takachii

IGN/ID:
    Takachii
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Mate, I gave you the formula twice in this post... how about you give me the formula that you think is correct because I don't quite get what you're trying to say...

Anyways, sure you go ahead and do that. I have also tested Griffith anyways.

8. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Hey, sorry about the late response, I was pretty busy lately and there was a new league to play on this other game, so it took a while to test this.

Anyway, I am here to say that I was wrong and you are right. I tested this back then and the damage calculations were different.
    I am guessing they changed the formula on that patch notes that mentioned something about Elemental Advantage giving +25% atk and Elemental Disadvantage doing 25% reduced damage. Also, it means Elemental Damage Increase is a multiplier now, instead of additive, unlike before. I thoroughly tested Elemental Damage Increase back then too, so I am sure it worked that way, since we were debating about how it worked.

I finally had the time to do some thorough testing using a controlled environment.
    My formation is Silla - Linmay (EBM) - Bora
    Miho - Milky Way - Elizabeth (Ace)

This way Milky Way will always go first, take the ball to the forward line where I will pass until it goes to Silla. Then, I will use Active Pass, Active Shoot. This guarantee's that my Dribble value and crit damage value are always constant.
    I use story mode 1-6 and story mode 1-7 when testing this. The GK for story mode 1-6 has the exact same stats as the GK for story mode 1-7, by same stats I mean DR and defense values. The rest of the GK's stats are irrelevant. One is Ardor and the other is Whirlwind.
    My Bora always has 2364 dribble and 116% crit damage when shooting. The GKs in question always had -34.5% DR and 6 defense when being shot at. Against the Ardor GK, it did 5110 damage and against the Whirlwind GK, it did 5702 damage.

9. Takachii

Takachii

IGN/ID:
    Takachii
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Ok, thanks for testing and confirming that the formula is correct for the current game version. I've never went of my way to test how this all works previously so I don't know how it worked before.