1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Difference between Buff and Debuff

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by GioB89, Jul 10, 2016.

1. GioB89

GioB89 Silver

IGN/ID:
    GioB89
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    GL
    Colosseum:
    CoD 43 \ CoT 44
    I've found that there are some players who don't clearly understand major difference between Buff and Debuff.

For example i will take Reflex buffs and de buffs and explain where which type is better.

Below I've made a table to show interaction of your lanes against enemy team. F.e. your Front line will never interact with enemy midline and front lane.

[​IMG]

For instance we have option to pick 30% reflex totem for our Back line or -30% reflex debuff. Which one will be better?

It will be Buff, in case of debuff we will only debuff enemy frontline and it will not help us while interacting enemy Mid and Back lane.

Following this logic at your front line is better to use debuffs which will help your mid lane and back line.

In case of midline it mostly depends on your goal. If your goal is to help your backline then go for debuffs, but if your goal is to intercept enemy backline then go for buffs.

General efficiency of buff/debuff:

[​IMG]

2. KaiDestinyz

KaiDestinyz

Interesting. But you only interact if you penetrate through the line, sometimes you will pass the ball, etc. Your post don't explain enough for me to understand the difference between buff & debuff. You should include, what kind of debuff/buff is crucial for each line. Eg: Reflex important @ mid, etc.

Also, I'd like to know if buff scales off base stats. Or stats after managers/club?

Does debuff work from enemy base's stats? Or their final stats?

3. KaiDestinyz

KaiDestinyz

IMO, I think that Debuff > Buff in terms of ratio.
    EG: 50 AS vs enemy 70 AS. If you could choose 30% AS buff or debuff. Which would you choose?

If you chose buff: 50 AS with 30% buff = 65 (vs enemy 70 AS)
    If you chose debuff: 70 Enemy AS with 30% debuff = 49 (vs your 50 AS)

You could argue that buff would give more value in the same way if the values were swapped. But remember that all you need is your value to be higher than your enemy. If your stats are already superior, then you should still win either way.

PS: Expected to tips like this when I saw the title.

4. GioB89

GioB89 Silver

IGN/ID:
    GioB89
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    GL
    Colosseum:
    CoD 43 \ CoT 44
    No, i don't have any obligations.
    In general they are calculated from base.

while base is Player stats+Manager+Position bonus+Chain buffs+Club bonus.

5. anavn

anavn Light Dark for life !!!

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    Um I am pretty shure that chain buff is after or vonchi would not have such a low spd limit when running Malcom.

@KaiDestinyz
    You mainly want for debuff
    Mid you want reflex, damidge, hp debuff
    Front you want spd, dr, crit rez debuff

6. GioB89

GioB89 Silver

IGN/ID:
    GioB89
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    GL
    Colosseum:
    CoD 43 \ CoT 44
    chain buffs are counted towards base stat, there might be specific case for speed cap, but i doubt.

7. anavn

anavn Light Dark for life !!!

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    Believe me I tested it out and it does in no way change spd cap. (tested with and without malcom same max) Could be an exception just saying how vonchi max spd works.

8. KaiDestinyz

KaiDestinyz

Well, I'm just saying that if your post is about explaining differences between buff & debuff then your post is terribly incomplete as it only covers like 10% of the topic. But since you're not obliged then it's fine by me.

9. GioB89

GioB89 Silver

IGN/ID:
    GioB89
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    GL
    Colosseum:
    CoD 43 \ CoT 44
    reread then 10 times, might 10x10% will grant you 100%