1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

Goodbye, My Friends (Love You Guys)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shipwrecksos, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

In the last year, this community has seen even some of it's most dedicated players depart from the game (Razura and Drakon, for instance). I'm not gonna lie, this game has been an addictively fun game for me for YEARS, and it's had one of the best communities I've seen in ANY game. If it weren't for the help of the community, I wouldn't have made it as long as I did.

I know people have many reasons for loving or hating this game. A wise man once said "There is no new thing under the Sun" and that definitely applies to this game. The "problems" people point out have been around for ages. This game has ALWAYS had "broken characters" and constant balancing needs (if you think Miri was bad, you never went up against William back in his glory days). The character names change, but the core problems remain the same.

But, I think my biggest reason for giving up on this game is deeper than something BB can simply fix with a patch. This game is RNG HELL, and no amount of "balancing" is going to fix that. I realize that prety much every mobile game out there involves RNG of some sort, but this game takes it to the extreme. Blowing 3000+ crystals only got get dupes of old legends. Blowing 2000+ Dimension Stones to re-roll a spirit stone slot color to the color your want. Watching your gold gush down the drain as you try to power-up that Unique Spirit Stone from +14 to +15 for the 30th time in a row. These rage-inducing, RNG fails can drive a man insane, ESPECIALLY if you've been throwing real money at the game, and patiently saving up resources for weeks (or even months). It makes you feel like the guy who's been going to Vegas for years on end and throwing away his life savings with nothing to show for it.

Mind you, these are CORE FUNCTIONS that the game is built on, and they're not going away. It's what BB relies on to make their money, and as much as I LOVE the artwork, community, and gameplay premise of Soccer Spirits, I can't handle this amount of raw luck involved anymore. Perhaps I need to move away from mobile gaming altogether. I'll always love this community, and I'm not going to be one of those guys that "deletes his account" and swears off this game for eternity. I believe miracles do happen for some games (only time will tell for this game).

I wish you all the best. Thank you for being one of the best damn communities I've ever seen for a game! Goodbye, my friends!!!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    YangBr, yama, sfn27x and 1 other person like this.
  2. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Well, one's gotta do what's best for achieving peace of mind. If you're not having fun, then you should definitely stop here.

I do want to say, though, that there's more to a game than the game itself. In this particular case, as even you mentioned, we have a lot of good people in here, a community full of people who are passionate for the game and its characters, which leads to a lot of good stuff, like fanarts, fanfics, databases or just fun-filled conversations about the lore, the struggles or the memes.

Take your time, go for it. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure many will still be around. Come back when you're feeling better and take your time, because, first and foremost, this is a game of patience. I'm sure you'll eventually find fun again in doing this, even if by doing weird formations that are far from being strong, but will be great for giving you a few laughs. Testing new stuff and doing dumb compositions is what guides me in this game and what kept me playing it until now. lnoak

See you soon! lbye

AquaXxX and Shipwrecksos like this.
  3. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    /cry/

I don't know who and what you are, Ship.
    But i pray for your peaceful life out there, Cheers

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  4. Nawzu

Nawzu Bora Husbando Staff Member

IGN/ID:
    Nawzays
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League (2751)
    Colosseum:
    CoD 55 CoT 44
    I'll miss you, sed deys

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  5. Freemium

Freemium

IGN/ID:
    Freemium
    Club:
    Casuals (Looking for Active Players!)
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    41 + 35 CoT
    Have to admit I’ve largely moved to posting on the Reddit, but sorry to see you go.

I do have to point out, though, that each of the things you’re being worn down on has an actual in-game counter.
    D-stones can be used to block out duplicate legends.
    LUQs make it less important to reroll stone slots, since you can add the ability you need to the stone(s) you have.
    6* Neris exist for guaranteed +15 power-ups.

The inherent problem is that it always feels better to chase RNGesus than to commit to the steady growth. I’d never have to worry about drawing dupe legends, if I spent all my D-Stones locking out legends I have...but I’d also have way fewer legends at this point, since I’ve bought more legends than I’ve drawn. Likewise, I sell my Neri’s in the hopes I’ll get lucky going from +13 to +15, even if it usually doesn’t work out that way. (I’m not even going to think about how much gold I’ve wasted on scout refreshes.)

About the only piece of my own advice that I’ve followed is LUQs, but we’ll see if I can stick to it if my reroll Tickets on Presty don’t give me a light slot when I finally get enough DM to make her a HoER (pun semi-intended, since I hate how that combo is the ideal for every non-CR GK).

The only thing I can say is that, if you think you’re spending too much on the game, then you absolutely are. (I haven’t bought anything since the anniversary ticket, if memory serves.) Part of playing a game like this is being able to walk the line between wanting to support the developer, but not chasing the whales. If that means taking a break every once in awhile, then I wish you luck.