1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Has the game or fanbase died?

Discussion in 'Everything Else!' started by Vert GreenHeart, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Because its FUN~

Sarcasm intensifies

Same team over and over, the one with the most lucky spirit stones and favored by rng usually wins but meh, people aboved me pretty much said it all

2. RoundBall

RoundBall Cheap Galaxy Pleb

Club:
    Cataclysm
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    40 ish
    Being Salty is a way of life... see pretzel. always salty.

To be honest, i'm still staying with SS, not because SS is amazing
    but again, i haven't found another game that is better...
    and yeah, atm, happy to grind for that Legend stone... till something new come out

wonder if i should transfer my time to Tales of Rays.... =/

3. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    DO ET :v

4. anavn

anavn Light Dark for life !!!

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    Well I think the 2 main probs are:
    how new units are broken and requier crystals to get look at glade alexia shaman new ardor girl and I can go on whenever they were realised they were clear steps up. Now a days a new 5* destroys a s1/s2 legend. It has gone to a point were when your card becomes classic you chuck it who is sad.

How rediculously grindy the new features are trancends, 210 5* need to be sacrifice to make a max transcende legend that is just ridicules not to mention you will need to switch him out for a newer legend by the time you reach it and dont get me strated on those new leg stones that burn your gold like there is no tommorow and they force it to be random and the subs reset so you have to spend dimention stones to have a good sub roll.

Overall they are just trying to milk the community too hard for $ yet they keep having major bugs and messing up at every turn hell I just recived parabellum this week from season rewards just point out 1 full season passed since and we half way in the second says something about were the $ is going.

5. Leatra

Leatra

IGN/ID:
    Leatra
    lol. agree !askeladd!

6. Rizelea

Rizelea Cuteness is Justice

IGN/ID:
    Rizelea
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League
    Colosseum:
    F55 CoD / 48 CoT
    Duran says otherwise. lsmirk in general new stars are better but there are still plenty good classics and not all new stars are amazing... see Luri.

7. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    Quit before new ppl came, was jus boring, so i support rize statement

8. Imbm

Imbm Playing Grindblue Fantasy

IGN/ID:
    Imbm
    Club:
    ShowdownBR
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    CoD = 56/CoT = 40
    I came here only to agree with you lravian

Okayshows likes this.
  9. Kaian

Kaian Tàn Nguyệt

IGN/ID:
    Kaian
    Galaxy:
    Super Bronze
    Colosseum:
    SS is a great mobile game. The problem with it is that they're not getting new players. 3 years+ and only 1+million downloads put it in a B-class. The game has too many features, too complex for the general public. Look at other similar games, you only use 3-5 units and the requirements to victory is simple: raw strength. In SS, you have 11 units and tons of skills, positions, setups, chains, teamworks, stones... it's simply too much for a normal gamer.

Yes nowadays a "normal gamer" is a fucking retard. It's a fact. I'd be surprised if the retention rate for a newbie is more than 30%. That means any group of 100 newbies get in the game, after 24 hours only 30 of them still playing.

I know this because they were really trying to improve this issue: referral rewards, events for new and return users, level 30 legend box, x2 XP 7 days for new acc, Quests.... But it doesn't work because the game itself is too much for a normal gamer. Because normal gamers nowadays are fucking retards.

SS is struggling. The new purchase events and packages show it very clearly. The CoD ladder and their "real time draw stats" give hints about the game performance. I doubt it has more than 20,000 players a week (all servers combine). 1 million downloads and 20k active a week, you see what that means? And how many of that pay to keep the game running? 5% would be cool, I don't think it can go beyond 10% tho, but who knows. How much they are paying? $20 per player? Let's go with that. $20 * 5% * 20k = $20k a week in revenue. Now Apple and Google keep 30% of that shit, and tax, and servers, and staff's salary. Not fucking good.

Of course in reality, whales are helping. So their monthly revenue can range anywhere from 80k to 500k. Aaaand that's not impressive. That's a B-class game, C even, considering it's global. (S game is Clash of Clan or some shit that goes 20-30m a month.)

But, all of the above could be false and SS is making more than that. It's quite clear the game is being updated bi-weekly and having good milestones. I think it's stable and not dying anytime soon. At least in the next 2 years.

However, new users and current users' retention are issues that need to be solved. They need to push their marketing team even more and simplified various aspects of the game if they don't want to get axed.

My 2cents.

10. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    And then the patch notes hit tadadada

I know what you mean but not all new star can be op or it would be too rediculous but the amount of classic 5* that are not ele rez totems thend to be broken or newer. Well lets see what this patch brings but I am already seeing my comps dying.

11. Welp... Say hi to the new Legendary balances

12. Okayshows

Okayshows Tanya has best ass.

IGN/ID:
    Tanya obviously
    Club:
    Mascots of Tanya
    Galaxy:
    Tanya's champions
    Colosseum:
    Cod 100 / CoT 90 / Tanya 69
    It's dead now, you can quit thx BB

13. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    It got so bad even point clicker user dont even feel like turning it on anymore why does bb not realise they killing the game and motivation every patch

Okayshows likes this.
  14. Vendanna

Vendanna

IGN/ID:
    Hitei
    Club:
    Nothingness
    The fan base didn't died, they just went to play other games that ain't as Gredy as these morons of BB

15. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    You got any good recomandations ?

16. Okayshows

Okayshows Tanya has best ass.

IGN/ID:
    Tanya obviously
    Club:
    Mascots of Tanya
    Galaxy:
    Tanya's champions
    Colosseum:
    Cod 100 / CoT 90 / Tanya 69
    King's Raid LUL

17. Lunette

Lunette Writes too much about small topics.

IGN/ID:
    Magdala
    For me, the game just got too slow. In the beginning I could build my team, get spirit stones and rejoice at the sight of that blue sparkle. Now my basic activities are to clear CoT to 30 every fortnight and to clear daily gold matches if I feel like it. Otherwise I'm just going to diamond in GL and clearing three of the biweekly quests to get Littres and Meras.
    I basically wait for Littres/Meras because that's the only way I can improve my team. Sure, they introduced the new legendary stones and all but it took me more than 2 years to get the 14 I have now and they expect me to throw away 4 of them for each legendary.
    I still play the game, just not as actively anymore. And when I compare it to FeH, there is a huge gap in generosity of the games. (Maybe @anavn )

18. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    @Lunette tried it but just could not get into it got boring too fast ....

19. Rizelea

Rizelea Cuteness is Justice

IGN/ID:
    Rizelea
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League
    Colosseum:
    F55 CoD / 48 CoT
  20. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    It is likely because the game is too slow for players to compete.

Legends are an issue. People want Legends to be powerful. But this is a double edge sword, because Legends take so very long to grind for.
    And since the direction ever since a year or so ago (around when Khirel and other S1 legends got buffed and Duran, Presty, etc. never got nerfed) was that Legends should be the most powerful. This makes the grind wall impossible to overcome.
    So, any high end team would have the same team for a year with no changes. New stars rarely matter, since if it isn't a legend, it goes into the ignore list.
    This matters a lot because new players can never afford legends and with such a high grind wall to be remotely competitive, there can't be any new players joining the game.

I mean no one wants to join a game where they tell you, if you want to compete, either pay or grind for 2 years.

Now, they are planning to nerf some legends, but that doesn't matter, as they are replacing it with other legends (Metatron nerf, but Felix buff). So, nothing changed.
    As long as Legends remain the best cards without any 5 stars being able to compete, the game won't get new players. This is solely because the grind wall is way to high for new players to enjoy themselves.

If this were true, new players may actually play the game. No, this is not true. This is the opposite of true.

Legends have been forever too powerful. This causes the grind wall to be impossible for new players to overcome. This is the core issue and has never gone away ever since they stupidly decided to make Legends better than 5 stars.