1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

Hello Again, My Friends (Love You Guys)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shipwrecksos, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Sooo, just before I was about to uninstall this game (AFTER making the heart-to-heart post below about my frustrations with the game's design in general). I ended up blowing all my crystals on one last-ditch effort draw weekend..., and got 2 legends. (seriously....<_< it's like the game was taunting me for making this thread) So, I then thought to myself, what the hell, I'll see this game through one more PVP season, just for kicks. I then proceeded to get all the way to the Galaxy League for the very first time ever (since I created my account years ago). I just don't even....

*sigh*

I dunno man, my feelings for this game are so twisted. It's like a drug that has the POTENTIAL to make you feel on cloud nine, but just as easily can sour your day, making you feel completely wasted. You could blow an entire paycheck on the game one weekend and have nothing to show for it, but then get one of the most powerful characters in the entire game the next weekend from some premium ticket that "Selena" happened to give you the night before at random. RNG is RNG (and all my points about those frustrations still stand).

I still ended up taking a break from the game (even with my random victory luck), because I simply needed it at the time. But, I think I'm willing to give the game another shot. BB is hit and miss when it comes to "balance" and feature improvements, but I actually think their heart is in the right place (FAR moreso than many of the other greedy-ass, shady developers you commonly see in the mobile gaming market). It helps that the publisher's "official forums" are staffed with some pretty good people as well, that genuinely listen to customer feedback.

As I said before, I still have high hopes for this game (especially as long as its core community sticks around). We'll see what crazy strokes of luck (if any) are to be had in the upcoming months :D Hopefully the RNG gods will shine their lucky blessing on ya'll as well!

[ORIGINAL POST]
    In the last year, this community has seen even some of it's most dedicated players depart from the game (Razura and Drakon, for instance). I'm not gonna lie, this game has been an addictively fun game for me for YEARS, and it's had one of the best communities I've seen in ANY game. If it weren't for the help of the community, I wouldn't have made it as long as I did.

I know people have many reasons for loving or hating this game. A wise man once said "There is no new thing under the Sun" and that definitely applies to this game. The "problems" people point out have been around for ages. This game has ALWAYS had "broken characters" and constant balancing needs (if you think Miri was bad, you never went up against William back in his glory days). The character names change, but the core problems remain the same.

But, I think my biggest reason for giving up on this game is deeper than something BB can simply fix with a patch. This game is RNG HELL, and no amount of "balancing" is going to fix that. I realize that prety much every mobile game out there involves RNG of some sort, but this game takes it to the extreme. Blowing 3000+ crystals only got get dupes of old legends. Blowing 2000+ Dimension Stones to re-roll a spirit stone slot color to the color your want. Watching your gold gush down the drain as you try to power-up that Unique Spirit Stone from +14 to +15 for the 30th time in a row. These rage-inducing, RNG fails can drive a man insane, ESPECIALLY if you've been throwing real money at the game, and patiently saving up resources for weeks (or even months). It makes you feel like the guy who's been going to Vegas for years on end and throwing away his life savings with nothing to show for it.

Mind you, these are CORE FUNCTIONS that the game is built on, and they're not going away. It's what BB relies on to make their money, and as much as I LOVE the artwork, community, and gameplay premise of Soccer Spirits, I can't handle this amount of raw luck involved anymore. Perhaps I need to move away from mobile gaming altogether. I'll always love this community, and I'm not going to be one of those guys that "deletes his account" and swears off this game for eternity. I believe miracles do happen for some games (only time will tell for this game).

I wish you all the best. Thank you for being one of the best damn communities I've ever seen for a game! Goodbye, my friends!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    YangBr, yama, sfn27x and 1 other person like this.
  2. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Well, one's gotta do what's best for achieving peace of mind. If you're not having fun, then you should definitely stop here.

I do want to say, though, that there's more to a game than the game itself. In this particular case, as even you mentioned, we have a lot of good people in here, a community full of people who are passionate for the game and its characters, which leads to a lot of good stuff, like fanarts, fanfics, databases or just fun-filled conversations about the lore, the struggles or the memes.

Take your time, go for it. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure many will still be around. Come back when you're feeling better and take your time, because, first and foremost, this is a game of patience. I'm sure you'll eventually find fun again in doing this, even if by doing weird formations that are far from being strong, but will be great for giving you a few laughs. Testing new stuff and doing dumb compositions is what guides me in this game and what kept me playing it until now. lnoak

See you soon! lbye

AquaXxX and Shipwrecksos like this.
  3. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    /cry/

I don't know who and what you are, Ship.
    But i pray for your peaceful life out there, Cheers

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  4. Nawzu

Nawzu Bora Husbando Staff Member

IGN/ID:
    Nawzays
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League (2751)
    Colosseum:
    CoD 55 CoT 44
    I'll miss you, sed deys

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  5. Freemium

Freemium

IGN/ID:
    Freemium
    Club:
    Casuals (Looking for Active Players!)
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    41 + 35 CoT
    Have to admit I’ve largely moved to posting on the Reddit, but sorry to see you go.

I do have to point out, though, that each of the things you’re being worn down on has an actual in-game counter.
    D-stones can be used to block out duplicate legends.
    LUQs make it less important to reroll stone slots, since you can add the ability you need to the stone(s) you have.
    6* Neris exist for guaranteed +15 power-ups.

The inherent problem is that it always feels better to chase RNGesus than to commit to the steady growth. I’d never have to worry about drawing dupe legends, if I spent all my D-Stones locking out legends I have...but I’d also have way fewer legends at this point, since I’ve bought more legends than I’ve drawn. Likewise, I sell my Neri’s in the hopes I’ll get lucky going from +13 to +15, even if it usually doesn’t work out that way. (I’m not even going to think about how much gold I’ve wasted on scout refreshes.)

About the only piece of my own advice that I’ve followed is LUQs, but we’ll see if I can stick to it if my reroll Tickets on Presty don’t give me a light slot when I finally get enough DM to make her a HoER (pun semi-intended, since I hate how that combo is the ideal for every non-CR GK).

The only thing I can say is that, if you think you’re spending too much on the game, then you absolutely are. (I haven’t bought anything since the anniversary ticket, if memory serves.) Part of playing a game like this is being able to walk the line between wanting to support the developer, but not chasing the whales. If that means taking a break every once in awhile, then I wish you luck.

6. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Well, with the good advice I got from you guys, I think I'm gonna give this game another shot! I mentioned before that I wasn't going to be one of those guys that deletes his account and swears off the game for life (and I mean't it).

Let's see what the future holds!

Freemium and PaxMilitae like this.
  7. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Happy to see you back! Hope the game gives you a juicy gift soon enough :)

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  8. xeint

xeint

IGN/ID:
    Xeint
    Wow the game want you back I guess RNG in your favor by giving you 2 legends..eh
    As in my case since I kinda miss my Linmay and Kiki ( still using them until the end before I taking a break ) blew out all of my crystals and..got no legend ah well

Still following patch notes especially at balancing part..can't say BB did good job with it the nerf to Magnus instead element locking him and nerf to Nezzy ( my poor cute Nezzy..why BB :( ) probably one that leave big question mark to me tough some of them are good and reasonable like nerf to Nikita ( hello Sammy ) I may miss some of it so apologize for that

Also just read the latest Dev note it's good they still remember the promise to fix the art and do something about spirit stone removal cost

Well gonna give up this game for good already settled at another one

Good luck and bless to all of you who still playing

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  9. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

I know this sounds hypocritical, since I literally just did the same thing a few months ago, but I'm sad to see you go. I still remember when we were desperately waiting for a Beatrice buff back in the day (after incessant nagging at the dev's for months), only got get one of the most piddly-ass buffs I've seen in the game.

Out of curiosity, which "new" game did you end up settling with. For me personally, I've been enjoying King's Raid and (to a lesser extent) Seven Knights. I'm always anxious to hear what good games people have found out there.

xeint likes this.
  10. xeint

xeint

IGN/ID:
    Xeint
    Ah yeah if that Bea buff would come earlier I will probably won't switch to shanty haha

I'm playing granblue fantasy right now for 1 year to be exact after taking a break from ss dunno its just heavy grindfest but I still keep playing anyway and before I realized already spent alot of money on it (big mistery for me eh) and sometimes girls frontline too tough I more focusing on gbf (and yes another grindfest game)

11. PuYang

PuYang

IGN/ID:
    PuYang
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    I recently returned in July from about a year break. I technically quit, but after getting bored of other games, I decided to check what was new with SS.

Welp, it has been a bit over a month since I came back, and have gotten 3 new legendaries. 2 from draws, and 1 from scout (today in fact!). I then found out they buffed the drop rate for legendaries significantly? Its at like 0.65% or something, which is crazy high imo.

I honestly don't know if I'm happy or not about the fact that I have "too many" legendaries to use. I still have enough DS to buy more, and my team is already too crowded. Really happy to see they added a non-legendary PVP option though!

Before I left, I drew Choi, and apparently drew a Jiho which I forgot happened. (I saw a spare Jiho in my inventory which confused me. Good thing I write down each legendary acquired in my sig, otherwise I was like "where did this spare Jiho come from??")

Sorta enjoying the game again, which is great. Not enjoying all of the one-shot kill teams in league though. Miri doing 4500 dmg on my Ein WITH co-op defense, is not an enjoyable experience. I feel like they should put forward passes (Nabi) on cooldown for ~2 or 3 minutes at the start of the game (Kinda like V.Beth's skill). Otherwise it's instant forward pass = win.

Shipwrecksos and PaxMilitae like this.