1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

How badly did I screw up by getting Ermaltion for BT instead of PoME???

Discussion in 'Gameplay Questions' started by Shipwrecksos, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

I've heard conflicting suggestions about which of these Uniques is better for my (otherwise maxxed out) BT. In hindsight, I feel like I should have gotten PoME instead of Ermaltion (mind you, I sacrificed 5 Unique stones for this, through selective combination).

What do you guys think? Did I screw the pooch???

2. VelmoR

VelmoR Legends

IGN/ID:
    VelmoR
    Club:
    Nekofora (Ex. SSFC)
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League
    Colosseum:
    PoME is better... to bad, you are screwed up..

3. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Well..., that's 20 million gold wasted. <_<

Crap.

4. Imbm

Imbm Playing Grindblue Fantasy

IGN/ID:
    Imbm
    Club:
    ShowdownBR
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    CoD = 56/CoT = 40
    PoME is really better? i see everyone using ermaltion in BT lwhat

ShinHouin and Shipwrecksos like this.
  5. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Me too, and I don't understand why so many people keep saying PoME is better than Ermaltion for BT. The math seems to say otherwise. For example, let's say your BT had 3000 HP, and you were trying to block an attack of 2000 damage (after defense), you'd get the following:

Ermaltion Scenario [3000 HP is buffed +35% to 4050, which then incurs the full 2000 damage)
    4050 - 2000 = 2050

PoME Scenario [3000 HP is non-buffed, but 2000 damage is decreased by 20% to 1600 damage)
    3000 - 1600 = 1400

Based on that math, you're clearly better off with Ermaltion. They both have the same crit resist. Am I missing something here? How is PoME better for survival???

6. Johny Sama

Johny Sama Just another Brazilian

IGN/ID:
    JohnyKun
    Club:
    Okaeri
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    Don't know how the meta is working, but this may differ according to your backline or according to the frontline that you're facing... in general ermaltion is for those who want to build a anti-crit/anti-steal bt, perfect if you're facing Ravian for example... PoME is for a generalist Damage Reduction build with some crit resist

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  7. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    Eh. Imo not that big of a deal...
    But I run CR bt so erm gets me the most cr instead of pome unless I reroll the light slot...Anyhow, I'm a bit biased.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  8. Raytan

Raytan Bora's follower

IGN/ID:
    Raytan
    Galaxy:
    Somewhere near diamond
    Colosseum:
    It was... 40?
    That deppends on how do you want to build your BT. Ermaltion is usefull for a critical resistance build, with that stone you can reach around 75% CR pretty easily, only with stones.

Then, with POME you can make a DR oriented build, I don't run this build, so I don't know the numbers but combined with BT own skillset you can reach very high DR.
    Personally I find better the cr BT, if you can prevent to get a critical hit, her own dr enought to tank a lot.
    I don't know ir this the best in galaxy and high champions, but until diamond/low champions(Where I am), I can reliabily avoid critical hits around 60-70% of the times, with Duran and Silk.
    I think, probably, around galaxy when everyone can reach 300% critical rate easily and will be harder to prevent the critical, critical resistance BT becomes the worst option and is better to run a damage reduction build with pome or maybe with dense magma

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  9. Imbm

Imbm Playing Grindblue Fantasy

IGN/ID:
    Imbm
    Club:
    ShowdownBR
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    CoD = 56/CoT = 40
    I don't think PoME will add a big amount of DR due to how DR calculation works,so the HP seems much more useful to BT since she have 2 passives who give her DR. And you probably use magnus due to this wave of ardor and thunder strikers,so add more 10% DR in the count.

Shipwrecksos and Johny Sama like this.
  10. Lunette

Lunette Writes too much about small topics.

IGN/ID:
    Magdala
    My BT (6*, 2sup, +0) usually reaches about 70% DR with Nikita/Duran Ace.
    So if I used PoME instead of Ermaltion, I'd reach about 76% DR, which I don't think would be worth exchanging those 35% HP for (that's like a Kiki less HP). I also don't like the defensive yellow stone options.
    I might switch out my green AS stone for a green DR stone one day (13% DR for 26% CR), but Sharr will rape BT even if she had those 6% DR more.
    All in all, I don't think it's too bad, but it also depends what you want to focus on.
    (I reach up to 326% CR with my BT, so I'm pretty confident in my ability to avoid crits and satisfied with the results.)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Shipwrecksos and Johny Sama like this.
  11. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Your math is wrong.

Like all bonuses, +HP % is additive. If your BT has 3000 base HP, then, yes, the math works out. But there are no BTs with 3000 base HP. A hypermaxed BT with club bonus and no manager bonus has around 1192 base HP. 35% of 1192 will get you 417 HP. That is how much HP Ermaltion will give you.

For the Protection of Mother Earth scenario. If you are up against 0% penetration, it is always better than Ermaltion. If you are up against pen power, then, more math is required to figure out which is better.
    Do note that DR (assuming no pen power) scales linearly, while HP has diminishing returns.

For example, compare DR with DI.
    If you have 3 sources of DI. 25%, 25%, and 25%. This is equivalent to 3 sources of DR, 20%, 20%, and 20%. You will get exactly no change if you plug these values into the DR and DI equation.
    But as said, this is assuming no pen power. Pen power causes DR to have diminishing returns.

Imbm and Shipwrecksos like this.
  12. Johny Sama

Johny Sama Just another Brazilian

IGN/ID:
    JohnyKun
    Club:
    Okaeri
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    If you use Kiki on back among with magnus, like me, you wouldn't care about using Ermaltion.

13. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured my math earlier was oversimplified. That makes more sense now.

14. Zerophos

Zerophos I am the silent but deadly -fart

IGN/ID:
    ZEROPHOS2
    Club:
    LogicNLuck
    Galaxy:
    Gold League
    Colosseum:
    in my opinion, since the new WW uq gives you DR totem, i should go Dense magma on this one, the 3 of them works just as well (Ermerltion, PoME, Dense magma), it's about how you maximise it, but trust me, you did not screw up.

15. Ozuros

Ozuros "All you need is Hime" -Ozu 2017

Though with el repayon available :eek:

16. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
  17. Ozuros

The Light UQ. 15 healing, 12 DR, 25 CDR

18. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    Nah I'll still stick with erm cuz whats the point of cdr when they can crit orz

But if youre certain they cant, its quite nice

19. Ozuros

well, if they can't crit first shot it'd mean you have like 250-280 CR :eek:

20. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    Not rlly, I use a clubmate team with 190% cr bt and mono ardor womiams cant crit