1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Dark Is Ashe any good? (Just got him today :D)

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Shipwrecksos, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

I just got Ashe today (from lucky draw, woot!). Is he worth investing into?

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    what kind of team are you trying to make?
    who is the ace?

it just looks like your trying to fit in as much legends as you can without trying to combo them well

yes ashe is good, but not with that current team set up

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  3. RyuSagara

RyuSagara

IGN/ID:
    LuffyDono
    Club:
    Solo
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Do you have a Serestia? If so I'd do something like drop Khirel to the back, and replace him in mid with Serestia. That would mean you should drop the triple pass in front, I'd remove Evylin. Ashe would take over for Jade as you wrote. This is all hinging on the fact you use Jiho ace, and have Serestia. It's probably not the best setup, but i think it will work out. I'd also consider just dropping Khirel all together if you have Shaman. These are just my two cents others may feel like there's better comps. In the end it's all about what you want to do.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  4. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Thanks for the tips! Sadly, I don't have Serestia (and I'm thinking about grabbing Miri for my next DS purchase).

As for the front, I actually have MSPU Baltheon and Neraizel on the bench, but I'm trying a front reflex build (with Shura / Evylin / Elchi with TW). The result's have been a blast, since once Khirel pens to front, I can keep the other team's backline pinned down. Heck, I've even been able to CA fully built Jiho's, lol.

It's a great feeling when you can beat an opponent with a fully built Balth / Jib / Miri front without them ever even getting the ball to their striker :D

5. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

My bad. The ace is Elchi (Edited post).

Not really regarding legends. As I mentioned to Ryu, I have a MSPU Baltheon and Shu on the bench, but I've been experimenting with reflex builds (both in mid and front). I also have William and Leventor (but with no investment yet). For power, I use an Elchi - Balth - Shanti front (sometimes switching in Shura or Neraizel).

To be honest, unless I get (at minimum) Serestia, Jibril, and Miri I have little hopes of making it past Champion's League. It looks like Ashe may help a bit though.

6. RyuSagara

RyuSagara

IGN/ID:
    LuffyDono
    Club:
    Solo
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Why don't you use Kirin if your goal is to lock people into your front and mid? As for your comment that you'll never make it to Galaxy without those three I think you're wrong lol. A few adjustments to your current team, and I'm sure you have a shot.

7. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Meh, that team comp was merely experimental. If I was going to invest 5 5-star Litres, 2 6-star Beelzebubs, and 6 6-star Mera's on another striker, I'd just use it on my William or Leventor, lol. That's a whole lotta mats to blow on an experimental build.

Also..., the Mature Shanti skin is too much to resist ;D

8. RyuSagara

RyuSagara

IGN/ID:
    LuffyDono
    Club:
    Solo
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    You don't make 6* Littre's? lol. Well yeah I would too, but I wasn't sure if you just wanted to make it with a lesser used striker lol. I like making Galaxy with my Lucid over using my Miri and Damien :p

I have her Pirate skin lol :p

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  9. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    The problum is your adding in players that makes no sense

Your ace effect only benfits 3 people on your team, If you needed pen power for shanti you get a Dragon Bone stone; that fixs her crit problum too.

Khirel as a attacker class CM isnt good, he dosent have ablity to take damage very well to not lose the ball, move him to the left side, and make someone eles CM

Kirna is good vs "muti hit stikers" since she can put her shilds up mutiple times, this should be enough to take a average of 3 or 4 shots from such strikers. Aioloes always counters "muti hit strikers" which is overkill already, your better off stacking buffs to gaurd vs "OHKO" strikers. Kirna's shileld scales off her max hp but you only have 1 hp buff (from duran), Kick Aioloes off your team and pick another player with more defenvie buffs

Altair - Duran - Vanity
    ----------Kirna---------

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  10. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

I don't have Nabi. Not sure where you got that.

I'm still in the process of building up Vanity and Altair. Once they're MSPU, I'll be putting them in the backline. My best CM alternatives I have on the bench right now are Xing and maybe Shu (though he struggles from similar issues to Khirel).

Honesly, that current build is so experimental, I don't even know why I posted it. My main purpose of this thread was to talk about ASHE and if he's any good (not to discuss team comps).

I edited that part out of the OP.

11. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    that was a typo meant jiho

I said Ashe is only good in certain teams, thats why its important to know who eles is on your team
    Ashe's intersting ablity is he can prevent the other team from useing active skill for a limited time. If you have a OHKO striker this is good for countering active blocks, but you dont you use shanti. It is also good for stalling mutihit strikers who have some kind of stacking active (like vonchi/rav), but sicne you already have kirna+Aiolos who is good vs muti hit strikers it adding more is over kill

To awnser your question:
    Yes ashe is good, but not for your current team

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  12. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Fair enough. I know team comp is important, but some players are objectively good (worth investing into REGARDLESS of team comp). I guess Ashe is one of those "conditional" characters.

Once I get Altair and Vanity fully built, my backline will be changing for the better. But, now that I have Ashe, I'm torn on whether to 1) stick with Shanti and build up my midline (with the likes of Serestia / Ashe / and Khirel to the side, like you mentioned earlier), or 2) pursue Miri and try to build up my frontline, with Baltheon back in the mix.

I suppose I could do both of those eventually, but that's a whole lotta DS I'll need to farm. At any rate, thanks for all your input. I do appreciate it.

13. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

SIDE NOTE: Just my pondering, but Khirel's team totem + Ashe's vertical totem + Jiho's vertical totem makes for some really high damage number even before you count the buffs from your own frontline.

Wouldn't Jiho's and Ashe's vertical totems synergize well for your striker? When you go up against fully built Presty or Alexa you need more raw damage to wear them down. But that totem synergy only works with Jiho on the backline. I've also thought about switching to DB like you suggested and moving away from Jiho, but I like the full stone flexibility I have right now for Shanti (or whatever striker I decide to use as time goes on).

14. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    That would be good in PvE, you would be weakening your defenses too much to be able to do that.
    The only viable way it would work would be 3 man top and 4 man backline, with the backline haveing one of the "super totems" like duran then stacking alot of hp to make sure you out trade thier GK.

Have you conisderd u.stones that do postion buffs and v line buffs?

And yes i agree if you swiched to a OHKO striker and a anti OHKO GK that ashe would be twice as good then in your old team. It didnt benfit them enough to justfy haveing 2 line breakers, normally you would have 1 line breaker and some kind of totem that helps more than 1 person. I doubt jiho has needs any help to one shot thier asist/totem, Khriel didnt need any more damage, so your only helping your striker. On paper postion and v line buffs sounds impressive, but once you consider how many players actally benfit from it, then its alot smaller. Ashe is very good if he is the main breaker, but not so good if you use him like a totem.

If khirl is the main breaker, you might as well use aslan as a totem

Lets break down what your ashe is actally doing right now
    25% attack power to striker (this is not 25% true damage, relative damage boost is somewhere between 10-15%)
    25% reflex to CM
    25% reflex to backline breaker
    3 people, everyone eles dosent actally gain much (reflex striker is not needed, mid breaker already has enough attack, attack cm gains are so small)

But if you factored in the "disable active skills" bit, then its worth it (hence the "if your set up works with him" part i talked about). I agree on i didnt explain this in enough detail 1st time, as i was a bit sleepy but posted anyway since no one eles respond to you at the time xD

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  15. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Thanks for the breakdown, NEET. That makes sense. The only "totem" stones I have right now are TW and EotS. If I get an EBM or AWMT, I could factor them in as well.

As for Aslan, I've thought of using her as well (since I do have her), but yet again but she also needs full investment. With every character you need to "invest" in (including Ashe himself) it takes time. This is rather frustrating, because by the time I build up the perfect team based on meta, BB has already nerfed it to hell, lol.

For that reason, I prefer a more versatile build rather than a specialized "conditional" build (generally speaking).

16. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    If you were to ask should you personally invest into ashe given what you own

Khriel will always be a good breaker reguardless of meta

Ashe is less good if muti hit strikers are more popular, or GKs that dont depend on active (like glayde), However ashe might have a strong place in PvE, think about superb boss op actives or certain colo levels. Yes this is what you said as in "conditional", he wont be "terriable" when its not in his favor just that there exist better choices

Aslan will always be a good totem pick, since GK hp is good, defender steal/crit damge tends to put them into 1 shot range without useing too much stones (more buff stones space?). The only time aslan would be less good is if leader class breakers will be more popular (beth/bell/milkyway). (or double breaker mid meta shift who both have enough damage to kill her quickly), even if that happens still a good PvE choice

But both players will always have a use somewhere (in pve if not pvp), so its not like it will get nerf to "crap tier".

Shipwrecksos likes this.