1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Ardor Is Shanti better than William???

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Shipwrecksos, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

Aside from Presty, the defense meta has been very WW heavy (and perhaps Thunder, with the rise of Glayed and Kirna), but I'm wondering how well William would perform. I currently have Leventor, William, and Shanti, so I'm trying to decide which will carry me the farthest in the upper leagues. Leventor is struggling in the meta right now (being outclassed by Shanti), but what about William???

Is a supermaxxed William better than a supermaxxed Shanti? Also, while the current WW-heavy defense meta would hurt Leventor, wouldn't that HELP William???

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

2. icebarrier

icebarrier Bronze

IGN/ID:
    draww (galaxy server)
    i think the biggest thing to consider is whether you have enough spirit to run shanti, shes harder to get that active pass to active shoot together

williams the worst of the lg strikers right now, but he's still useable

he has an ele disadvantage while shanti has a skill that negates hers

also depends on your line and stones and stuffs to compensate for the stats of whichever youre using

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  3. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

True, but thankfully, since I already run Shanti, I have figured spirit gen into my team comp /stones, so that shouldn't be a problem for William either.

Really...? THAT BAD??? I know the pen nerf hurt him significantly, but is he really worse than every other legend striker (even including Leventor)? Granted, I'm not expecting him to come out swinging like Miri or anything. But I still see many people using him in PVP with pretty good results. Could be the exception though, and not the rule.

But his disadvantage ONLY applies to Presty, since other dark GK's are crap right now. I guess if the opponent uses Presty, William is in for a rough ride. It is nice for Shanti though how her kit counters elements (not to mention ardor GK's are mediocre at best, and the rising stars Glayde / Kirna happen to be thunder).

Well, I have Baltheon and Hamerus, as well as Jiho, so chains are going to be better for William than Shanti. But is that enough to make him actually outperform her??? Still not sure.

4. Querry

Querry Champs

IGN/ID:
    Querry
    Shanti has so much damage that she takes less work (re: less stone substat nonsense) to perform well. Thanks to her stacking damage buff, Shanti always hits for consistent damage.

William just doesn't have that consistency. You could knock him up full of pen but playing the critical game means that you'll eventually hit a point he hits like a wet noodle without some build adjustments. Baltheon's ridiculous pass numbers does help this tho.

Again, not to say he is bad (that's Leventor who Beatrice easily matches), just that people tend to avoid relying on pure crit strikers.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  5. FatalCookies

FatalCookies Cookie Master

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    in the current meta perhaps, because almost all good teams run glayde/presty and william against presty = you lose

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  6. BioHazard011

BioHazard011 Lost Again :S

IGN/ID:
    Shadow556
    Galaxy:
    Ash league ^^
    Colosseum:
    29 floor
    Go for shanti she is much safer.

7. FrozenPhoenix

FrozenPhoenix

IGN/ID:
    Phoenix09
    Club:
    Mascot
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    What stones are good for shanti??
    And what is her ideal frontline??

8. BioHazard011

BioHazard011 Lost Again :S

IGN/ID:
    Shadow556
    Galaxy:
    Ash league ^^
    Colosseum:
    29 floor
    I see alot of Balth-Elchitusa or Evelyn-Elchitusa

9. xXPhoenixXx

xXPhoenixXx Fabulous banana

IGN/ID:
    RainbowUnicorn
    Club:
    LoliAlliance
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    I believe shanti is one of the best
    I'm pretty sure its

1 Miri
    2 damien
    3 vonchi
    4 lev
    5 shanti
    6 willam/vitos

And Kirin 7 or 8

10. FrozenPhoenix

FrozenPhoenix

IGN/ID:
    Phoenix09
    Club:
    Mascot
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Windcaller or Dragon Bone

11. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

If you don't have Elchitusa yet, Hamerus / Baltheon / Shanti works well.

As for stones, if you're trying to make her crit-reliant, Dragon Bone or SoB are good. If you're trying to make her non-crit reliant, Windcaller is good.

I used to use SoB, but crit resistance in upper leagues is ridiculous so I changed Shanti to a non-crit reliant build. Now she's able to do reliable damage whether she crits or not (like Damien).

12. Ozuros

Ozuros "All you need is Hime" -Ozu 2017

If you're just climbing, William is just fine. Get his chains up and running and you'll be doing fine vs presty while running a second passer. His only real weakness is his crit being pretty subpar without active. Otherwise, he's not in a bad spot, given that most of the good GKs generally get tankier as the game progresses so ending it fast is best.

If you're using a non-rerolled william though, don't bother.

13. FatalCookies

FatalCookies Cookie Master

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    ozu plz, not everyone is a godwilli like you :eek:

14. Ozuros

Ozuros "All you need is Hime" -Ozu 2017

:eek: it just takes some chains