1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

January 25th Developer’s Note

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kazu19, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Kazu19

Kazu19

Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    D60*I100*T50
    [​IMG]

Greetings from the Soccer Spirits Team!

This is first developer’s note to welcome 2018. Before we start, we’d like to express our sincere gratitude to everyone. It would not be possible for us to continue this journey if it were not for the support from those that play Soccer Spirits.

So, to welcome you to the the new year, let’s get started with the developer’s note for our mid-sized update planned February 22nd.

(Please note that this developer’s note was written during development, and details may differ from the actual update. For more detailed information, please refer to the patch note we will be putting up before the update.)

[Community Improvements]

Developer A: What should we focus on with this update?
    Developer B: Clubs, and club matches. We definitely have to make improvements. This has been requested by so many.
    Developer C: This was also brought up during the Invitational Broadcast, and appears to be a urgent matter.
    Developer D: It would be good to improve the in-game chat and forum as well.
    Developer E: Why don’t we focus on improving the overall community aspect of the game?

We understand that gameplay is the most important thing for a game, but the role of the community is also very important. Soccer Spirits currently has systems in place to foster community, but we feel like they’re not fully living up to what we’d like for them to accomplish.
    Thus, we would like to focus on improving the community with this upcoming mid-sized update.

[1. Club & Club Match Improvements]
    The Club and Club Match features will be improved. In the case of Clubs, two new systems will be added.

A. Club Missions
    Club Missions that Club Members can participate in together will be added. Club Missions will reset every six weeks. They are similar to existing individual achievements, but are completed by the Club together. When a mission is completed, a club reward (for completing the mission) will be given, and members who have contributed the most will be given bonus rewards.

B. Tip System
    A Tip System will be added. For example, if Club Member “A” attempts to draw 55 times with no 5* player appearing, then Club Member “A” will find “Universe Dust” (tentative name). When “Universe Dust” is found, up to 8 people (the number is tentative as well) can tab the object and get a small amount of rewards for 10 minutes.

---

Club matches will be modified so that members will have to work together, unlike the current match style.
    A Club Match will span over two days. (There will be a total of 21 matches in a 6-week.)
    On Day 1, the matchmaking will be made between 7:00 and 7:10 AM PST (8:00 and 8:10 AM PDT) and Overall Bans will be made. Overall Bans are automated by the system, choosing five Legendary Players, and five 5* players (1 from each attribute). Special Players except Superb Bosses are excluded in the 5* Player pool.
    After the first 10 minutes, the rest of the first day will be time given for club members to discuss team formations and roles. There are two main roles:
    1. Place 10 Defense Stadiums (Home)
    2. 10 spots for Support
    Supporters do not directly participate in the Club Away (Attack)/Home (Defense) matches, but have options to give buffs that are useful in Club Home matches. Clubs can strategize to decide in focusing the buffs all in one place, or to spread them out.

On Day 2,one can attack the opponents’ Defense Stadiums for 24 hours. A club member who chooses to go on an Away Match can attack up to two times. Club members who are not placed in the Home Match can still participate in Away Matches, though there is a minimum Team Ability requirement.

When attacking an opponent’s Defense Stadiums, you can earn up to 3 stars depending on how the match was won. The condition for obtaining stars are as follows:
    1. Win
    2. Win with players unable to move 5 or less times
    3. Win in less than 30 minutes
    Depending on the match result, one can earn between 0 to 3 stars, and a score is presented.
    Finally, you will win the Club Match if you have higher scores than the opponent by the end of Day 2.

---

In addition to the Club Match changes, there will also be big changes to the Club Match Suit System. First of all, the functionality of Club Suits will now extend to all matches instead of being limited to Club Matches. In addition, the stats of all existing Club Match Suits will be decreased slightly, and two new types of Club Match Suits will be added to the game.
    The Club Scouts will also be modified and improved. The Master Scout items will be either systematized or moved to Personal Scout, and the Master Scout will be removed from the game.

And to go all the way with this Club improvement, all Club Match Points will now be shared and Club Member Rank will be removed. Instead, it will be replaced with a new rank system based on Club Members’ activity levels. Club Member ranks will be refreshed every 6 weeks according to the amount of Club contributions and activity levels. Small rewards will be given according to rank.

[2. Chat System Improvements]
    The Chat System will also be improved in 5 major aspects:
    1. Thumbnails of the user’s Ace will be added and displayed in the chat
    2. Chat UI will be improved to be a speech bubble style
    3. Chat will be available to use even in Auto-Repeat mode
    4. An emoticon system will be added
    Please refer to the next update patch note for more detailed information.

[3. Forum Improvements]
    A Spirit Stone forum will be added in the Character Forum. In this forum, you can share your players’ Spirit Stone builds and write a review about your choices and strategy. We are also planning to hold an event that will reward users who write the best Spirit Stone build for each player for the first time.

We’d like to see more active discussion regarding Spirit Stone builds through this forum.
    In addition, the forum will also be added in the Spirit Stone page (under Book).

[New Unique Stones and Legendary Stones]

Five new Unique Stones, and their Legendary stone equivalents, will be added. Legendary Stone names and detailed information on their effects will be introduced in the update patch note in the future.
    [​IMG]
    (5 New Unique Stones; Left to right)
    Judgement of Flame Emperor (Ardor),
    Flight of NeoHuman (Thunder),
    Leaf of Nodhile (Whirlwind),
    Restraint of Pilgrim (Light),
    Transfer of Corruption (Dark)

[Colosseum of Despair and Colosseum of Trials Renewal]
    The player formations of Colosseum of Despair and Colosseum of Trials will be newly modified. Moreover, we’d like to share news about an additional change along with this. Currently, players who appear in certain PvE matches aren’t affected by “within the position” ability effects or “Squad Bonus.” We will be modifying this as we want the rules so it can be consistent with the rules of PvP.

[Other News]

[1. February Patch Schedule]
    With the current schedule, patches should be on Jan. 31st and Feb 14th. However, Feb. 14th will be the start of a holiday for us (Seollal/Korean New Year), so we will patch on Jan 31st and Feb. 7th. Please be aware that there will be more content in the Jan. 31st patch, while the Feb. 7th patch will be relatively smaller. Thereafter, the patches will be held every 2 weeks again.

[2. Supergravity Environment Modification]
    Supergravity is a basic requirement premise for PvP content in Soccer Spirits. The initial intention was to prevent the game from being drawn out due to recovery skills in the PvP setting. As the number of players with passive recovery effects have been introduced to the game, however, we decided that there was a need to improve the Supergravity effect.
    There will still be a 50% recovery effect reduction when the match starts, but the reduction rate of the recovery effect will gradually increase in proportion to the match time. In addition, the active recovery skills and HP damage related skills won’t be diminished gradually and will be activated according to lost HP/remaining HP.

[3. Skin Voice Improvement]
    Skins such as Vacation Death Queen and Idol Luka were skins of great quality and unique concept, but did not come with new voices - which can be unsatisfying. We want to improve our internal resource creation process to provide skin voice improvements.
    The skin voice will be improved as follows:
    1. Reveal the list of skins planned for improvement in the patch notes (so the patch note for Jan. 31st will reveal the skins to be improved with the Feb. 7th patch)
    2. Improve the skin voices and adjust the skin price to Unique status (on the Feb. 7th patch)
    Users who already own the skin to be improved will have the voice added at no additional cost.

[4. The 2nd Galaxy Live Invitational]
    The Galaxy Live Invitational will be held once again in March for Korean users. There will be new goods and upgraded prizes. We will continue to work on Galaxy Live stabilization and do our best so that users can enjoy a stable environment in time for the March invitational. For other users worldwide, we are looking into ways to expand the Invitational - so please stay tuned.

[Ending the Developer’s Note]

We wish you all a 2018 filled with happiness and success. Thank you for the continued interest and support, and please look forward to the update.
    Thank you,
    The Soccer Spirits Team.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    PaxMilitae likes this.
  2. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

All I got from that was "Make Club Matches suck a bit less," "Nerf PVP healing even more," and "add even MORE Spirit Stones to grind your Spirit Cores for."

The part about the spirit stone forum is rather laughable. I mean, if they actually READ their own forum, they'd know that what we want is the removal of spirit stone unequip costs, not a stupid sub-forum. Heck, most people who want to share stone builds will do that here anyway. <_<

Sorry to be a downer, but this is a rather underwhelming dev note.

xXPhoenixXx and Vonchi is life like this.
  3. Querry

Querry Champs

IGN/ID:
    Querry
    They also want the player suit thingies we get in club matches that give us stats apply everywhere.

4. DeltaRubee

DeltaRubee i should probably give up on SS soon

IGN/ID:
    DeltaRuby
    Club:
    AshesOfDawn
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    i honestly havent posted shit here since centuries but i guess its time to comment on something on this that caught my interest

club improvements - cant tell if they misunderstood our request of making club better again since a good part of ppl including myself was actually rooting for more accessible buildings on infrastructure to make things more diverse instead of just go all out by leaving the exp building rotting eventually. regardless though, those both new features sounds pretty interesting. club missions almost as sounds like manager dispatch to me, and the tip system still left me confused.

match suits - when you thought you cant push the damage on the further and bigger limit, this now comes out that will be affecting every mode. sort of two sided about this, since the benefit is on the side who actually scouted the crap out of club and have already bunch of suits on their players. then again, this mostly is useful on key role players, but for assists or leaders this seems rather rendered as not so useful.

chat and spirit stones - good to see improvements on chat as another QoL addition, all in for it, though im honestly in doubts about the bubble style...

new uq - Impressed they came up with more UQ stone variety too. Looking forward on how they will be different apart from rest, considering nearly everything has been picked.

cot/cod renewal - i cant see why people are complaining about this, but i find this reasonable to keep up the game elements itself too with the new player additions. come to think of it, were getting cot changes too often...

skin changes - im also two sided on seeing this change. sure im all in for having voices and a more touch to skins, but this will be interesting to see on where this will take within the increase of price range. also will be a interesting lottery to see on what skins they went to give out voices out

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  5. Yuraji

Yuraji Bronze

IGN/ID:
    Yuraji
    Club:
    Arcanis
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Developer B needs to get slapped on the face. Player balancing is a much hotter issue than club matches right now. Didn't they notice last pvp season that most teams in galaxy consisted of the same 8-10 legends? Lack of balancing for coop defense and legends dominating pvp is disheartening. The healing nerf is in the right direction though, at least have to give them credit there I guess.

I don't see myself participating in the club matches so I hope the skins wont have some stupidly op must have buffs. Positive update for those that want to sink more time into this game's grind.

6. DeltaRubee

DeltaRubee i should probably give up on SS soon

IGN/ID:
    DeltaRuby
    Club:
    AshesOfDawn
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    actually i would just slap Dev A for just sitting there and randomly asking a question instead of offering a solution like others did

Dev C feels like a sitting pleb trying to be relevant

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  7. Reki

Reki

IGN/ID:
    Rekishima
    Club:
    Nothingness
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    The REAL dev convo:

Developer A: What should we focus on with this update?
    Developer B: Milking our whales for more money as always, of course!
    Developers A, B, C, D and E: Yeeeeeeeeah! *raising their fists hyped*

sfn27x and Shipwrecksos like this.
  8. Vendanna

Vendanna

IGN/ID:
    Hitei
    Club:
    Nothingness
    lwhale

9. Cero

Cero I's different

IGN/ID:
    Marluxia_Cero
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    52/ 67/ 37
    Umm what exactly did they say about the stone equip?

10. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Bronze

One of the site admins ("Nyan") said that they've repeatedly tried to give BB feedback on removing ss unequip costs (with fair, valid arguments from many players), but they seem to be deadset against the community feedback. There's a thread about it in the Kuma's Suggestion Box forum.

11. Cero

Cero I's different

IGN/ID:
    Marluxia_Cero
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    52/ 67/ 37
    I see.. and I thought I was complaining a little too much when I was ranting about this to my friend. Equip cost has got to be top 5 dumbest things in the game. I hate it not only bcz it's annoying but also bcz it's a greedy way to control people's growth so that they buy their stupid monthly packages, it's like they don't try to hide it. I'm not gonna say they don't listen to us at all but definitely wish they were less greedy.

12. Yuraji

Yuraji Bronze

IGN/ID:
    Yuraji
    Club:
    Arcanis
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Once companies get old they start caring more about increasing profit even if it means showing greed with little things like that. If you think about it, you can see it pretty much anywhere now. Another example is DLC, where console games lock content behind micro transactions. I understand wanting to sell fashion items for a little extra, but the way market has been going with penalizing strategies is just sad.

13. Cero

Cero I's different

IGN/ID:
    Marluxia_Cero
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    52/ 67/ 37
    Couldn't agree with you more and it's been bad like that for a few years now. It's so hard finding quality in games these days, with DLC and pre-ordering Devs don't care about their games being stable on launch or ever really. A few easy examples would be FFXV, the KH remixes(all of them have all kinds of problems) and Naruto ninja Storm 4 which crashes like it's no big deal. It's unfortunate but l don't think anything can be done at this point, not like people will stop buying their fav games.