1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Light Jibril

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by PuYang, Dec 20, 2016.

1. PuYang

PuYang

IGN/ID:
    PuYang
    Galaxy:
    Champion
    Colosseum:
    So... there hasn't been much talk on Jibril. (probably because yI thought I would start a thread and hope anyone else with Jibril can chime in. Also wanted to give a quick review so other people can learn more about her before purchasing her with Dimensional Stones.

My current review / rant
    I Max Superbed mine (but still level 60), and find her incredibly UNDERWHELMING.

I have her placed in Front Mid position, replacing my Elaine. (moving to Mono Light team soon).

Her stats are underwhelming, her skills are underwhelming, and can't find a way to utilize her in that position.

Her HP isn't very high, her Reflex are incredibly low for an assist player, her speed isn't great, her pass effect is complete garbage. Putting 2 reflex stones on her only brings her up to ~1500 reflex, which isn't too useful. Using pass stones on her is a waste, since she will never pass very hard. Her sole purpose is to be a totem at this point.

I'm going to try to build her as a damage dealer next........... but don't see how helpful that will be in the frontline.

Her active Pass SUCKS. Like, A LOT. The whole idea of her active is to lower cooldowns of the receiver. This effect apparently ONLY WORKS on STRIKERS / SHOOT SKILLS. (I tried active passing to Renee, to active Pass to Sharr. It does NOT reduce Renee's cooldown). With Jibril's active pass, she passes for like 300 (without pass effect stones). This is a MAX SUPERB LEGENDARY ACTIVE PASS.
    EDIT: Ok, did some more testing with Jibril's active. It does work on everyone, but has to be used after a few seconds. If the 95% CD reduction does not bring their skills down to 0 seconds, then it doesn't work.

In short, using her as your main passer to your striker is a dumb idea. I don't care if my striker has 0sec cooldown on the active if Jibril's pass is trash.

Her totems aren't that great. The 10% increased damage is not very noticeable (although admittingly I haven't done extensive testing on it.) The only thing giving me some semblance of hope is her ability to heal and generate spirit. (The spirit portion is only useful if you use another assist player in the position, which, you probably will because Jibril sucks as a passer).

Her last passive is too situational. Jibril DOES die very often due to her lowish HP, and no Dec damage. But this skill lasting for 1 minute means it does not always have a chance to work. If the enemy breaks through Jibril and passes to another player that can't complete an action within 1 minute of Jibril's death, then the skill does absolutely nothing.

TLDR: She is underwhelming. She is difficult to use. She does not bring anything more than your usual Front Mid players.

I will wait until the next Galaxy League season and get my light team ready before fully judging her. But right now, she has "ugly" art, and is very underwhelming.

If you have Jibril, please share with how you've built her, and your opinions on her. If you have faced her in PVP, let me know if she made a big impact or not.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. Sayano

Sayano The Necromancer

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    Mugiwara
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    I have a very different opinion on jibril based on clubmates. However, I plan on keeping that info within my club. I will tell you reserach deeper, and try to find more combos. She's really not bad. She has potential for even more.

Presizion likes this.
  3. Ozuros

Ozuros Trying to find Inspiration

IGN/ID:
    See Spoilers!
    Galaxy:
    All of them at once
    Jibril passes do seem pretty subpar for now, but she's just a utility support atm. Her EE could bring some interesting things to the table though.

4. Pekabo

Pekabo Vocaloid fan

IGN/ID:
    Pekabo
    Club:
    AnimeClub
    Galaxy:
    Milk way
    Colosseum:
    I forgot
    Jibril is not bad, decent with certain builds,( need ee) stat wise hello its in a second stage, remember her active is a 95 percent off cd so maybe when you active to renew she still have a few sec left , totems good, helps players survive shots mid game with all those healing ab recoveries bullshit, but be ready for long games

5. Sayano

Sayano The Necromancer

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    Mugiwara
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    lrolling Gerbil pretty gud

6. PuYang

PuYang

IGN/ID:
    PuYang
    Galaxy:
    Champion
    Colosseum:
    Well, I may have sounded really harsh, but underwhelming is somewhat the same as "not bad". But for a Legendary that currently costs 1500 DS if you buy from store (which I did, since I never scouted and drew any legendaries...), is not really worth it right now. I would have benefited quite more from purchasing Duke for my light team ;s

"not bad" is simply not good enough :[

Aside from her ability to heal other positions - a total of 5 players - I still don't see too much benefits over a player like Elaine.

Of course, since some of you are saying there is more to her, I will continue to play around with her in my team comp. (not that I have any choice, I already bought her lol)

7. Sayano

Sayano The Necromancer

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    Mugiwara
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
  8. Pekabo

Pekabo Vocaloid fan

IGN/ID:
    Pekabo
    Club:
    AnimeClub
    Galaxy:
    Milk way
    Colosseum:
    I forgot
    The way to play jibril....., you have to pound her all day long(remember no game no life anybody, jibril needs to be cute as that jibril in her ee please)

AquaXxX likes this.
  9. Sayano

Sayano The Necromancer

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    Mugiwara
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
  10. anavn

anavn Light Dark for life !!!

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 41
    I like how @Sayano wont say the secret to success lol. But if you going mono L I will give you a bit of advice as you said she is underwhelming front but her skill procs on pass from any member in line and her active reamoves active cd. Not to mention if she dies you get the dr of a life time for 1 min. Who in mono L is a great DR gk who lacks heal and has a rival chain with a haited active healer. rember she passes to the player with the highest dribble value in back. Tested it out and can confirm mono L is not dead yet.

11. PuYang

PuYang

IGN/ID:
    PuYang
    Galaxy:
    Champion
    Colosseum:
    So you recommend placing her in the back?

If she is in the back mid though, she won't make use of her last passive as often unless she suicides. Then again, that passive was super situational to begin with.

I'll try this when the next season starts!

12. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 41
    She will suacide in the sens that they will take the ball from her slow motion hands by taking her out ! Just to max out on that add emb and 2 L def so she buffing the line and not herself just consider her a virgil buffer and you good. If any pass is done on line she will insta revive and give spirit to the line so this is why you will need an active hevy back with many spd totems to take advantage of that ! IT is not like L hase some op global active oh wait yes it does :) Did I also mention one generates spirit when players in back die and giving addional dr for it too might be a good idea to look at leader section for this :)

Gl next season !

13. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    I don't see any issue with that. I see more of an issue that you would think Legendaries must be OP.
    A healthy card game cannot have major imbalances, and that means 5 stars and Legendaries have to be of similar power level. Well not exactly 5 stars and Legendaries, but the pool of available competitive players must be of similar power level.

Cards that shift this too much cannot exist in a competitive game, otherwise the game stops becoming a card game and just buy this card to win game. Some people like that, others do not.
    At the moment, Soccer Spirits isn't such a game.

14. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 41
    Well the prob is more that 5* are clearly outshining legendays look at elain angela vivd fear victoria ect I get legendaries should not be too op but they should not feel underwhelming compared to certain 5*. If they are the ame then just give then the same drop rate so we can finish ower dam chains alredy.

15. Pekabo

Pekabo Vocaloid fan

IGN/ID:
    Pekabo
    Club:
    AnimeClub
    Galaxy:
    Milk way
    Colosseum:
    I forgot
    We got scouts to go after legends but eh prepare to use 10s of millions

16. Viticide

Viticide

IGN/ID:
    Viticide
    Club:
    Com2uStream
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Just look at Jibril's skills.

[Active] Noble Command II - 6m, 1.0 spirit
    [Pass] Recovers the target's action bar by 100% and decreases the active skill cooldown by 95% and increases penetration by 30%.

[Passive] Backward Light
    When an ally within the position passes the ball, the allies located in the vertical line of Jibril recover 20% of their lost HP and 30% spirit.

[Passive] Aura of Retribution
    Increases the damage that the allies within the position inflict by 10% and increases their critical rate by 15%.

[Passive] Reverse Sanctuary II
    When becoming unable to move, the entire ally team will receive 50% less damage and their critical damage resistance will increase by 50% for 1 min.

2/3 of her passives have absolutely nothing to do with increasing anyone's damage. The remaining 1/3 does, but its numbers are kind of on the low side. Anyone who thought/hoped for her to be the kind of assist Baltheon, Renee, Silla, Neraizel, etc are in being a big damage booster is already looking at her wrong. You want a dmg booster, get a dmg booster. Jibril is about utility. She is there to heal and recover spirit, to provide a big survivability boost if she goes down, and to refresh your striker's active. If she had big pass numbers, she'd be broken as hell. It's good that her passes are weak. She's not that kind of assist and shouldn't be with the kind of kit she has.

Use her to heal/revive her vertical line. You can place her in the middle of any line to help the GK. Place her to the same side as the striker to help them instead (ko'ed strikers can't shoot after all). She generates a lot of spirit in the front where everyone but the striker will pass if they have the ball. She can easily fuel even 1.5 bar actives. Her own active even has the biggest pen on any active pass, and she isn't even EE'd yet. The additional increased damage and crit may not be huge numbers, but she's not useless for helping strikers put on some hurt either. If she's in the front or mid, she's probably likely to get ko'ed a lot too if positioned where she'll take plenty of hits. The dr and crit dmg reduction may be short-lived, but the numbers are huge. She goes down, nobody else will but for those already sitting at death's door.

People need to see Jibril for what she is, and use her accordingly: Utility. She's not Baltheon. Get Baltheon if you want Baltheon. Jibril is there to provide a different kind of support, and a kind of support much more useful to the team as a whole.

17. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 41
    I have 2.55K DM and I cant see a good addition to my team on the legend side. I ended up using a pick ticket to get shaman there is something fundamentally wrong with that ! Not saying shaman is bad but the fact that being L D I only see potential value in 3/4 of the legends is just sad. Even looking off color cant seem to be really interested in any legend...

@Viticide exacly the prob is she is utility and can not rival with most players. If you put her front she is weaker as a passer then all of them and weaker as a totem then elain mw ect . If you put her mid you directly creating an open mid since she will make you lose all reflex wars and is herself a simple kill. Put her back and she might work conditionaly with a lot of building around and praying that your healer is the one with the highest damidge output in line. In auto and therefore league she barely has a place unless they give her like like askelad a unique ai but in manual she could work if you micro manage her spd and her movements. This is not what you are awaiting for a legend or even from a 5* you should not be treating a legend like you treat valkia !

18. Sakurai

Sakurai Promise Keeper~

IGN/ID:
    Thundery
    I bet they give her the "William" treatment.

NOO JIBRIL IS BAD. JIBRIL IS JOKE.

(Buffs to 5o% DI, and decrease damage to 10 minutes)

NOOO JIBRIL IS OP. JIBRIL NERF PLS.

Not making fun of y'all, but we all know its gonna happen. I highly doubt Jibril gets a balanced EE, it'll be shit or OP.

19. Sayano

Sayano The Necromancer

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    Mugiwara
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
  20. anavn