1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

Lack of attractive male chars

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by NEET, Apr 2, 2018.

1. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Context
    Attractive chars of the opposite gender sells

Gaming gender population

Excludeing post war situations, half the popution is female who are all potental customers. Most female gamers tend to hide thier gender to dodge male harassment so they apper less visable, but companies do have data of actaul player genders. Its close to 50% split.

In more gaming devloped clutures such as Asia female gamers outnumber male gamers, its between a 50.5%-53% split depending on the area. It could be explained with males having a higher interest in physical activity, and females players are at less of a disadvantage in videos games due to physical strengh.

To counter the agurement of female players not playing at a high enough level, when the gameplay does not invole "reactive button mashing frag fest" but where choices and tatics matter then the player base of females is higher for that genres. To bring a example the top 10% of mmo players has a overwheming high ratio of female players, since there is a high focus of organizeing other players or a level of forward planning. Once again the ratio is not highly visable since female gamers dont aim for the top competitive spot publicy rather than to play for their own sake.

In the context of soccer sprites
    This game is highly rewarding when a player does not go for a cookie cutter build that is already "meta", very offten a player will either pick something "conter meta" or something that is superior to meta but wont become popular for a few months. This requires the player to offten not brute force the game and sit down and so some math (math is a more common skill in asia even among female players), and offten said math isnt acted on based on raw numbers but appling some level of stratgry. With all these attribtes of the game set, we can say soccer sprites would have a higher ratio of female players.

From a devloper point of view, Lisenced sports games like fifa/madden or some spin off would attract a much higher player base than a anime style based one, such games would also attact a high % of male interest due to real life interest in the sport. As part of a company stragery a anime style soccer based game would have a untapped market of female customers, direct competition is offten expensive so appeling to a niche is more profitable. Therefore from the Dev's point of view soccer sprites should have a above 50% ratio of female players and should aim to do so to max thier profits.
    [if BB is watching this thread, hire me and i can triple your player base, pritvite message for details]

now to ask the question:
    Why arent there many attractive male chars?

before someone comments on "thats gay it would push the all the male players away", there is a simply fix for that. Make all the attactive male versons skins. All male chars would have a slightly above avage apperince, but there will be a option to "unlock" the "handsome" edition. That way female players might actally spend/grind crystals to buy the skin (profit for BB!) and male players can still use a "op" male player without feeling "gay"

Artimizu likes this.
  2. FelliLoss

FelliLoss

IGN/ID:
    FelliLoss
    What would be an attractive male for you?
    Don't we have everything from shota to old geezer? Humans and other races? Cool type and timid type?
    Not sure what is really missing here.

Could you give us an example?

EDIT: In your thread
    Most Handsome Man (beacuse waifus can't get all the action)
    people seemed quite pleased with what they had nearly 2+ years ago.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  3. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    we have a few but very few
    notice how most of the male skins are either "covert to female" or skins to make them look more "bad ass", which is closer to a "ideal male role model" which the male player desires to be like. It is a question of "who is the art work meant to appel to" not just the design.

I could ask,
    The lack of "convert female players into male skins"
    why no prince bell skin (prince on a white horse of offten popular)
    why lack of male swimsuit skins that isnt ripped (as explained above, to be sexy rather than role model)

notice how Ashe, Gariot, Willam, Duran are all drawn to look "bad ass"
    notice how "Miri, Nabi, Askeladd are all drawn to be "sexually appleing to men"

i do think fleix is handsome, and i like "body guard duke" but there are very few in compairson art drawnsing that are intended to appel to female players.
    Think about the number of female skins that invole large breast, camara focued on butt, and a arched back. now compair to the number of male skins that are meant to look "handsome/sexy"
    [​IMG]

to give a example

[​IMG]
    ^ This is a example of a ideal male role model , it was drawn to appel to male customers

[​IMG]
    ^This char is designed to appel more to female customers than male customers, to readers to know of him; he was also given very appeling personailty traits that women would like to look for in a man.

4. FelliLoss

FelliLoss

IGN/ID:
    FelliLoss
    They failed at that then Oo didn't feel a thing from those three.

Anyway, Good Luck with your campaign!

PaxMilitae likes this.
  5. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    I would go 50/50 with this thread's idea.

First, what I disagree with, since it's quicker: If what I see in-game, in the forums and anywhere else SS might be ackownledged has any value, we can say there are MANY male players that could be considered good-looking. Regardless if you're a fan of "manly men", "charming old men", "pretty boys", shotas or whatever, SS has plenty. Not as many as it has attractive female players, true, but it does. There's plenty for everyone and the latest releases only reinforce that.

As for the second part, lemme begin saying I'm not much a fan of fanservice in general. I like sexy, but I despise vulgar. I also detest fanservice that doesn't make any sense at all and is there only for the sake of fanservice.

==============================

Examples of fanservice that make sense:

1) Lilith. She's a succubus, duh;
    2) Lucid isn't a succubus, but she's often flirty in the story, be it for fun or because she's trying to get an advantage;
    3) Lia isn't flirty, but the fact that she's pretty and has a gorgeous body is part of her, since it even states in her lore that she was forced to move school because of problems her beauty caused;
    4) Elua's lore all revolves around love, affection, passion. She and Muriel (4* Light player) are perfect embodiments of love in its most physical aspect (Elua trying to be reunited with her true love, Muriel trying to find couples everywhere);

So there you go, 4 completely different cases of fanservices that make sense. Now here are some examples that DON'T make sense:

1) Sammy. She's a goddamn priestess and, as it is to be expected, they have to live under a strict code (even her voice lines prove that). Using a ridiculously low skirt, having her breasts popping up like that and showing up on her EE using a g-thong is completely out of character;
    2) Silla. She's a guardian angel, she should not charge into combat wearing a ridiculously small bikini. Thank Noa they buffed her art and gave her an armor;
    3) Luka. As clumsy and carefree as she might sound in the lore, she's actually an intelligent girl with a serious side and already proved how good she is at reading between the lines. Sadly, her arts and lines depict her as a stupid raunchy bimbo with annoying moans and screams. In no moment at all she shows up in the lore wearing a bikini.

=================================

With that said, I have nothing against players with good looks or skins that show them in good shape. I dunno if that's the case, but I assume that Summer Ronald (or whatever it's called) skin would be an example? If you're talking about someting like that, then I don't mind at all. Now, if you're talking about something that makes they just popped out of a hentai, then no thanks, we already have enough female players to annoy me with that.

MyLastDreams and NEET like this.
  6. xXPhoenixXx

xXPhoenixXx Fabulous banana

IGN/ID:
    RainbowUnicorn
    Club:
    LoliAlliance
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    I find Kirin attractive

7. Artimizu

Artimizu

IGN/ID:
    Artimizu
    Club:
    Doki Doki Spirits
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    This is quite an interesting topic, consider posting this on the com2us forums? As a female player who is crazy for the "attractive male cards" you described(I call them husbando materials <3 ), I believe that the amount of male cards there is in the game really depends on the demands of the players in the game. If the majority of players demands for more female "fan service" cards/skins, it would only make sense that the company would want to create products that appeals to their customers the more. Therefore, convincing players to spend money on them. It's basically their marketing strategy. Not to mention the creation of these cards also depends on the artists who's designing them, if they don't want to design them for some reason, ofcourse, you won't be expecting much of these male cards in game.

I definitely would like to see some more attractive male cards though, but I won't be expecting that to happen much. <3 Out of all cards in SS, there is only a handful of husbandos I could think of. Lets see..... Duke(my #1 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3, including all of his skins), Cassiel, Vonchi, Kei, Mikael(quite handsome too but not my type), Garriot, Ashe, Jean, Haru, Vann, Vermillion Bird, Felix(that Duke x Felix though c:) etc. I'm sure there are some more but I'm only pointing out the husbandos who I think that are appealing to the female players.