1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Dark Lucid and her current standing In the meta

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Stonywings, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Worldweaver (galaxy server)
    Colosseum:
    Back in the day I always wondered how it would be to use Lucid (3 years ago). When the Galaxy server came around I decided to start all over again on that server. Lucid was one of the first 5* I got. Ever since then she has been my main striker (and still is). In the early days of the server she was everywhere since she had just been buffed. She was very strong for sure. Since then though all meta changes have seen her relegated further and further down the ladder of viability. At this point I consider her one of the weakest 5* strikers for a ton of reasons which Ill explain now.

Goalkeepers

Presty: Presty was a gk that took a long time to get going since she relies heavily on her spirit stones. Since leg uq were not yet a thing she was an annoyance, but not impossible at all. Today she is still beatable for sure, but for lucid it is simply a headache. She has barely any dmg in her kit outside of solar (which is rendered near useless after active passes) and thus she doesn’t deal well with the insane tank potential of a presty. Speed was on of lucids strenghts. Sadly shooting Presty renders half of her solar ability useless when it was already unreliable to begin with (paralyze). This also makes it harder to get the follow up shot to even make use of solar once you activate it.

Kirna: where do I even begin with this one? First of all Lucid has to crit to active her solar (since strikers don’t pass in pvp). This means that unless you have the very specific complete team setup to make sure you crit, well good luck cuz no solar for you. There goes all the dmg she barely even had to begin with. Then there is the massive issue of needing a setup shot for solar. This gives kirna a free shield which means the follow up shot (often your balth active) will lose most of its dmg and lucid will be stuck unable to do anything.

Alexa: pretty straight forward, she doesn’t die. That is mostly it really. The forward pass is also a big annoyance since after the setup shot for solar you can’t even follow up since the gk just sends the ball away (this also goes for glayde).

Isillia: not as bad as alexa, but still very hard to kill for not even being a meta gk at all.

Ein: she is a little untested yet, but from what Ive seen she is looking very hard to deal with. The other day I used my balth active into Lucid with solar and dealt 1400 crit dmg (this Ein was solo).

Non gk issues

Pinol: Lucid needs active passes terribly bad, pinol often makes that near impossible and renders solar far below par.

Anything that reduces crit since lucid has to crit for solar to proc which dictates a super aggressive team in too many cases, leaving you complete ohko material if your mid is ever broken.

Balth nerf: the nerf to balth pass effect did more to hit lucid than it did to hit balth himself, not even a joke. (The atk power buff on him is completely unnoticeable).

The absolute need to have double passer in most games because of Lucid reliance on the unreliable solar. This means super useful pen players like Armel become less viable and often force you into a 4 man front.

Garriot: he makes me crit for 200 when Im out of active passes.

Balth is her everything and when he is so incredibly fast he will at times outspeed lucid despite her early ab boost, this will waste your entire solar active combo since balth will use his active before solar if you have the spirit for it.

Any long or forward passer who just sends the ball away after the setup shot from lucid.

This is just the stuff that springs to mind, rant over.

I realize some things here are universal and lucid isnt ‘t the only player that needs some help, but I chose to foucs on her since I have a fair amount of experience with her now and constantly dread the pvp season because of her frustrations. Solar used to be a cool mechanic becuase it was possible to activate without too many issues. Now far too many things hinder solar and makes her painfully unreliable in performance. I want to suggest some sort of rework. Don’t make her rely on a gimmick like solar entirely. Id want to see solar removed, even if I like the concept of it on paper. The meta just doesn’t allow it to work well. She needs more flat dmg sources in her kit to make her more consistent, crit dmg in particular. If you are dead set on keeping solar then have it activate with any action (not just crits and passes). Make it last for the entire match once activated and maybe give her at least half of the solar activation stats before the actual activation to make sure her setup shot deals a speck more dmg at least.

Sorry for this massive box, needed to vent. You are a trooper if you sat through this. Im open to any responses.

2. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    The only thing that help Lucid, is her bare damage, which is hard, because she rely too much on crits (Which is.. lame i guess?). And since ppl mostly reach 100% crit resist easily, well, yeah hard to crit i know.

Back to raw damage that Lucid had. Her passive provide 30% pen, with Glabaris and few pen stone, she can reach 80% or more.

Question: Why Lucid raw damage isnt enough?
    Her rpe can't be so overpower if she can't crit, and many Gk won't allow her to do so.

Her crit can reach about 150%, with couple of right stone, but barely even crit. Why Lucid cant be compared with Damien anyway?

This is confusing ..

Thats why i hate meta. Duran can kill those raw. Alexa, Presty, Jiho and prestys clockwork is reducing her dmg. Kirna, Isillia can't be crit-ted anyway. Balth's pass is not helping at all due to DR.

And what reason to use her?
    Sure she'll be reworked, i believe that.

She need another attack power or penetration, or maybe damage increase, just like what they do to Sharr.

Little that i know about meta, or higher league, but i think Lucid is lack of something too. Her skill set is different with the other. Her damage still lower compared to Griffith, or Beatrice(?).

She's fast, yes. But lacking. Thats all.

3. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Colosseum:
    If she had issues critting just like others vs for example kirna that would be fine, she is a very strong gk after all. The real issue is that lucid HAS to crit to active her solar. If she does not activate solar then 35 pen is all the dmg in her kit. If she had more raw dmg it could help her deal more relevant dmg if she cant crit at all. Rpe is raw dmg and without a crit she cant activate solar which means no crit dmg AND no raw dmg

Pen was never too much of an issue, I usually have max pen, but that forces me to use a 4 man front with armel since I wanna keep double pass for lucid as well.

Im really just using lucid since I like her, despite all her issues.

The big difference between lucid and damien is that one has to crit and the other doesn’t. Damien does have crit rate in his kit, but really does not need it. He just uses wind caller and hits for a ton regardless of crit or no crits. Its because he has «increase dmg dealt to gk» and pure attack power. Both of these things give massive dmg without crits.

When you are able to set up solar and use it properly then yes, she can hit like griff and beatrice just fine. The issue is all the work it does to hit like that compared to how easy it is for beatrice and griff. Not to mention all other ohko strikers and a few of the utility ones.

And yes, she is lacking indeed. She is not hard to fix, but she does need that help

4. marcpb94

marcpb94

IGN/ID:
    xAcEx94
    Club:
    Talentless
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy(2900)
    Colosseum:
    Just wanna add a couple of things:

While it's true that she needs to crit in order to activate solar eclipse, I usually don't have a problem with it since it's fairly easy to crit the defender in front of her.

However, what I find problematic is:

- She has to make a first weak shot in order to trigger solar eclipse.

- Solar eclipse buff disappears whenever lucid dies, so she has to regain it again with another weak shot. This can actually happen fairly easy due to the first shot not being able to kill defender(unlike most strikers), so the defender unit might get the action first and pen through her.

- Has literally a 0 crit damage kit in a cdr meta.

- Her active is bad, just plain bad. Doesn't make much sense since she easily wastes it on the first shot which is her weakest. Her active should be the utility type (stacking) to be able to benefit from it.

5. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Colosseum:
    I agree with basically everything you are saying. Fair point on the crit thing. I also find her active terrible. More often than not its a waste of spirit, but you also can’t afford to drop any dmg on her by not investing into it

6. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Every meta striker have a balanced stat, with just little touch, and sometimes, made them an Overpowered meta.

Mostly damage-based striker needs a pen.

William, high crit rate and crit dmg with superb attack power, but lack of penetration (Thats why they made God of Fire's Judgement as UQ, to help him :v)

Miri, very high damage, above average crit rate, and massive crit dmg, but still lack of pen.

Vonchi, he's one of the most balanced striker anyway, so he dont need so many effort to do something. He got crit rate, crit damage, and pen.

Damien. He steals attack power, enough damage inflicted, and one of 1.5 bar striker, who mostly, OHKo something. He got pen boost on his 1.5 bar active. Though he dont need any crits, because he rely on his massive pure damage, crits get everything worse than ever.

Lucid is capable of doing so, but she lack damage inflicted, attack power, and would be OP if BB can boost her pen.

Solar can boost her AS, so maybe attack power and crits increase based on how much she posses AS would be nice choice.

7. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Colosseum:
    Wait, why more pen? More pen is always nice, but that is hardly the main issue for lucid. Her issue is still the inconvenience of solar and a lack of crit dmg

8. FelliLoss

FelliLoss

IGN/ID:
    FelliLoss
    The only thing that Lucid lacks is her old EE art.

She is a fine 5* striker that doesn't get much attention for better or worse. I would be cautious with the developers nerfing based on popularity.

Not allowing you to take Solar Eclipse away from her, the thing that makes her unique.

Using her myself in pvp in mono darkteam.

I'm not moving to DarkLegendary striker unless she is Lucid's twin sister.

Of course I wouldn't mind a small buff, just don't put her on the radar of other users.

9. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Colosseum:
    First of all, yes I also want her old ee art back, this one is lame in comparison :p

Unique is not a good thing when its annoying and impractical. It does not work in a meta bloated with abilities that makes solar far too inconvenient.

She gets little attention simply because she is lacking at best. There is a reason everyone played her almost a year ago since she was top tier back then. It speaks for itself when a player gets such a huge decrease in play without any direct nerfs. The meta simply hates her.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  10. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Colosseum:
    Oh, and where did you get nerf from? I said buff her, even with a rework if needed

11. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    She need rework :v

And once dark got new leg striker, she'll vanish :v

12. marcpb94

marcpb94

IGN/ID:
    xAcEx94
    Club:
    Talentless
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy(2900)
    Colosseum:
    I find calling her a "fine striker" a bit of a stretch.

Solar Eclipse might be unique, but it's incredibly inconsistent and impractical in auto pvp. Unlike when you manual, AI doesn't care if a unit dies or not and its consequences, which leads to lucid dying at the slightest and having to reactivate solar eclipse from scratch. Want to keep the uniqueness? Sure, but make that uniqueness a bit more consistent please.

Not to mention her starting action bar exists because of solar eclipse, and it screws her more than it actually helps. Makes her more prone to having the highest ab thus getting stolen from and killed.

I agree on the art though, bring back uncensored lucid EE pls.

13. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Lol, that uncensored Lucid :D

So, the point is, make it easier for the passive to active.

Example:

When landing crits is not hard, but considering the character dies after the passive is activated, then his/her first crit who activated the skill is useless.

Different with:

When character in line using active pass, is lot benefical situation without reaching any problems, but lot harder for their developer to make this kind of system(?)

They just need to considering the activation system.

14. Stonywings

Stonywings

IGN/ID:
    Stonywings
    Club:
    Colosseum:

Man I even forgot to mention having to reactive solar if she dies. The list just goes on. Her super high speed also makes her prone do get steal attempts and mess up that way.