1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Mini Wiki app for Soccer Spirits

Discussion in 'Everything Else!' started by tangoJango, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Shunya

Shunya <3 Kaga x Shunya <3 2016/10/23

IGN/ID:
    Shunya
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League
    Colosseum:
    I've tried the app now and I'm liking it so far. Especially the CoT Manager is a nice feature to keep track of your different formations as you go through the challenges.

Some suggestions, though:

Filtering on the "All Units" page:
    • An option to sort the units by name would be nice.
    • Change the last option "Special only" to "Special".
      • Reason: When opening the filter, you have the "Select All" button in the upper right. Still, all options except that "Special Only" are activated, so the user (me) might think at first he has to untick all options if looking for a small segment of cards. The "Select All" only changes into "Clear All" when pressing it once, which isn't obvious for new users. If the last Option was called "Special" instead of "Special only", it could be activated by default like all the other options and the button in the upper right would be "Clear All" from the beginning, which is the preferred way in my opinion. Another problem is, that right now the "Special Only" option is not affected by pressing "Clear All", which isn't intuitive. "Clear All" should really clear all options, which would be unproblematic if that thing was called "Special" or "Special Cards" instead of "Special Only". The possibility of showing only special cards would still be existent by deactivating every option except the "Special" option.
    • Moreover, the button "Select All" doesn't change to "Clear All" when I manually select every option and vice versa.
    Viewing the single unit page:
    • A tap on the image makes it overlay and scale to fullscreen. Another tap on the fullscreen image closes the overlay again.
    • Formatting of the leader skill text
      • wrapped lines of the description of the skill beginn aligned to end of the units' type
        • [Leader] Specialized
          [_____]for Supplying Spirit Gauge
          (The square brackets and underscores shall indicate the indention of the second line. I don't know how to indent text in this editor manually :D )
      • wrapped lines of the detailed effects of the skill beginn at the beginning of the line
        • - Get 15% bonus spirit with an
          attack
        • Better:
          - Get 15% bonus spirit with an
          []attack
          (again, the square brackets are only there to indicate the indention of the second line to align with the beginning of the first line)
    • When tapping on a spirit stone slot, direct the user to an overview of spirit stones of that specific attribute (except for the prism slot; if you want to go all the way, maybe a tap on the prism slot could simply direct the user to a complete overview of all spirit stones)
      • Though, I noticed a "Feature coming soon" message at the bottom of the screen when tapping a stone slot, so that feature might already be planned
    • The left border of the leftmost spirit stone slot and the right border of the rightmost spirit stone slot is hidden, meaning the content of the stone slot container is flowing over its borders. I'd say either scale the stone slots down a bit, so they fit or move them below the image on a separate line.
    • The name at the top of the single unit page should stretch all the way across the screen. It looks a little out of place the way it is now.
    • When tapping on a character in the Chain Character overview, a pop-up with the name appears for a defined amount of time. When tapping on another character before that first pop-up disappeared, the pop-up for the new character is only shown after the old pop-up is correctly closed. I think in this case it would be better to force-close the old pop-up and open the new pop-up with the name of the new character right away. That prevents having 3 or 4 pop-ups delayed by multiple seconds just because I tapped on a few characters.
    • Additionally, the tap on a character in the Chain Character overview could open a small overlay menu that shows the name of the character centered at the top and small menu with two items. The first item is a link to that character. Maybe "Go to <character's name> page", "View <character's name>" or something like that. And the second item would be a simple back button, closing the overlay menu (because IMO an app should be 100% controllable with the hardware buttons of the phone).
    Those are just some things that I noticed, maybe some of them are helpful for your further development. Is there a plan to make a paid version to get rid of the ads? That's also a popular model.
    Last thing: the app should really have a landscape mode layout, too. Since it's a wiki app, the orientation of the device is not decisive for its functionality. So being able to adapt to the users' preference would be a huge plus in that regard, I think.

I hope my feedback can help with at least some of the things I mentioned. Keep up the good work :)

2. tangoJango

tangoJango

Club:
    TeamSG
    Galaxy:
    Chumpion
    Colosseum:
    Thanks my friend for the feedback, definitely gave me insights on what to improve on in the coming updates.

Haven't really thought about doing a paid version since we rely on certain info based on community effort, but that's something plausible in the future :)
    As for the landscape layout, the visual assets may not scale properly, hence a remodel of the presentation is a must if we're to offer such view. Tablet should be minimally affected, but mobile will be challenging due to the wide variation of android devices.

3. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

Hi guys,

Finally iOS version is out. Please do give it a try and send some more feedback our way to improve them. It will be a huge time saver when u are using it for teamwork question and also saving formation for each CoT levels.

PS: As @anavn pointed out, it might be impossible to find with apple native app store search. Try searching with "mini wiki" or "soccer spirits" keyword on store, results might be varies due to app store of different countries.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Akhemi likes this.
  4. anavn

anavn Light Dark for life !!!

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    Hi

I play on iPhone and wanted to try the app out but it is impossible to find by serching the store. However if I use the link you provided I can add on the app page. You might want to recheck the key words.

5. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

Its showing up when i typed soccer spirits. I will recheck them again thanks alot for the feedback :D

6. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    I recheked and it is still not showing, typed "soccer spirits" I am using the canadien store.

7. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

Try mini wiki?

8. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    It works if we try mini wiki but not if we try soccer spirits.
    Also the app crashes if we every click on a caracter ....

9. Midgard

Midgard

IGN/ID:
    Midgard
    Club:
    Ikemenbu
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    App crashes every time i open some page, player, CoT. Still have some pages that is open normally

10. tangoJango

tangoJango

Club:
    TeamSG
    Galaxy:
    Chumpion
    Colosseum:
    what device and OS are you using?

11. tangoJango

tangoJango

Club:
    TeamSG
    Galaxy:
    Chumpion
    Colosseum:
    sounds like the app didn't fully load the data during its initial launch. Try reinstalling it and let it run the update of data fully. try not to put the app into background mode during this time

12. Midgard

Midgard

IGN/ID:
    Midgard
    Club:
    Ikemenbu
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    Im using ipad mini 2, ios 9

13. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    So now it works but I think there is one major flaw with the app, there is no back bottom anywhere (I know that on android there is one but not on IOS) for example the page were you see the solution to the questions for a character can not go back or for the classify the characters by.

Also in Elaine for skill 3 it does not show any difference between levels, mistake ?

possible improvements:

show the difference in state and cost between evolutions.

Show position were they have a bonus for placement. (if possible even what is that exact bonus)

Not trying to be mean just trying to help you :)

14. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

@Midgard the data is prolly corrupted when it's interrupted during the first load of the app, please reinstall and let it download and save the datas before killing the app or putting it on background :D

@anavn Thanks for the feedback on Elaine(in-game data shows the same) and no worries, do keep the feedback coming so i can improve on the app. Position bonus are in the pipeline as we are still brainstorming on the UI for character details pages, as of current it is a little heavy on a single page. Back button are definitely on the top left in most screen pages, toss a screenshot over here if it doesn't have one so i can look into it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  15. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    For example I would say this, were normaly we click on the grey to go back but it does not go off screen and we can still input(need to force close the app to stop it and see players again.)

Attached Files:

16. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

@anavn may i know which iphone model is that? btw u can try tapping on the top part of the screen or bottom part of the screen to dismiss this filter view.

17. anavn

IGN/ID:
    anavn
    Club:
    Reflex
    Galaxy:
    galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 53 CoT 44
    I am using I phone 5s with the latest ios (was forced to update it to be able to download the app). No I cannot dismiss the filer view that is the problem...

18. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

hmm doesn't know why 5s have that problem... guess i will have to cramp in a button in there then.

19. betaSavvy

betaSavvy

iOS version is updated with v1.1 and live on store :D

Included in the updates are chain manager and reverse chain!

@anavn filters have been reworked and now consists button to confirm or cancel. Thank you for your feedback.

20. Jason

Jason

I just downloaded it. Nice UI from what I've seen so far. I like the way you're organizing the filters, and I haven't had any real problems yet, besides opening it after installation. I closed all my apps and cleared RAM. It certainly did the trick. I'll give some feedback when I can.

It'd be cool to see statistics on some characters based on the people who have them or even use them. Maybe put mini-survey questions asking how each character works in different situations, or just have the ability to add user-generated opinions/comments on some characters, stones, or even certain aspects of the game or game mechanics. That way, the community can also help contribute much like the forum section in the actual game itself. These are just some ideas. If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know. Great work!lokok

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016