1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

New Player, Need Team Building Help!

Discussion in 'Team Advice' started by Dweebble, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Hey, so I'm a relatively new player (Rank 39) but I would like some input on how I would develop my team. I currently don't have any unique stones nor many littres for superbs but I'll try to gather some. I also don't have enough players for mono-teams so I'll be looking for a hybrid/rainbow build. Would appreciate a team for pve and one for pvp.

Currently my line-up is:
    Front Line:

MX27 Leventor - Milky Way - Noa (5 Stars) - (Beatrice)

Middle Line:
    Cynthia - Yuri (ACE) - Virgil

Back Line:
    Krishna - Linmay - Chitose

Goal Keeper:
    Black Tortoise

I know my team is awful, especially Noa, but these are the players that I've invested resources on when I didn't have many players. Currently rebuilding and levelling my other players which I've recently drawn (spent 1200 crystals last weekend drawing event, didn't get any legendary players :(). This current team ability is S (8617) and I've managed to get Silver League (haven't tried to climb further).

Other players:
    Ardor:
    Yuri, Noa(5 Stars), Jean, Angela, Sage, Kevin, Loyce
    Dark: Krishna, Ravian, Gigerfelt, Phil, Blackhorns, Lindberg, Niarose, Ronald
    Whirlwind: Beatrice, Black Tortoise, Linmay, Evylin, Miho, Kirin
    Thunder: MX27 Leventor, Cynthia, Chiffon, DU007 Nute, EA43 Haru, Z088 Beta
    Light: Milky Way, Virgil, Chitose, Alexa, Hercules, Skorn, Elua

Sorry for the lack of players but I can try to save gp to scout other players that I would need. Would appreciate any advice for team building or for the game in general!

2. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Here's an image of my team if it helps. Please let me know of anything else you would need. :)

Attached Files:

• Team.png
      Team.png
      File size:
      599.7 KB
      Views:
  3. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    You would need my friend.

First, to maximizing the team performance, 1 striker is actually enough. Pick one of your preference.

Here's common formation in SS:

Totem - assist - striker

Totem/attacker/foward passer - totem/foward passer/defender - Foward passer/ attacker/ totem

totem/ defender - long passer/ totem/ attacker - totem/ defender

Gk

But if you want 2 striker, it's okay. Instead of using assister (normal in line passer), you can use stealer, in plan of do the 2nd shoot.

Midline is universal. Means, there's no limitation, as long you have a good player.

Back, means more totem to valuable your Gk.

My time is out, summon @NEET - sama for detailed information.

Ciao

4. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    AquaXxX, it is good to see you helping out new players. There actally wasnt much i would have added

Topic
    As a newer player, your team will look vastly diffrent in 3-4 months time from now when you have more options to work it. So its not a good idea for us to suggest players to put in a team for you

Front Line
    Its not needed to have more than 1 striker, since each time you shoot you will lose the ball hence is better to make the most out of each shot. Assit class has very high +damage numbers when they make a pass/active pass. Totems (passive buffs to other players) are useful for when your not able to get a pass or it gives a certain type of buff your striker needs
    This is why the "Totem - assist - striker" works so well, but "assist - assist - striker" is decent too

Middle Line
    For any mid line to work you need one main damage dealer offten refer to as "line breaker" or "breaker" for short, Its normally attacker class (for class bonus) and they tend to have at least 2 passive skills that buff thier damage in some way.

The player in the middle is offten refered to as "Center mid" or "CM" for short, this postion is important since the other team is able to use "steal" from all 3 postions. Since this player can get attacked very offten its a good idea to pick someone who is highly defenvie, someone who has a skill that makes them take less damage is a good start

Breaker - CM - [free choice] is the standard set up

Free choice does allow for alot of freedom in terms of what works. however a 2nd line breaker isnt great (hence why i refer to it as main damage dealer), you would be better off buffing the whole postion with a totem for more effect that way. "back up breaker" "sub breaker" can be used to, these refer to players who do decent damage but have one or more of the skills that buff or debuff rather than being full damage.

Back Line
    Once again you need a "Breaker" (main damage dealer) to get the ball past this postion once you manged to get it back. However at the start of each match there is a option is repostion your team members slightly, it is a good idea to not postion your breaker in front of thier striker so it dosent take so much damage. If your lazy its okay to have a "sub breaker" on the other side

Breaker - [free choice] - [free choice] (or sub breaker goes here)

The player in the middle once again can be attacked from all sides, so its a bad idea to put your damage dealer in this postion as damage dealers tend not to be good at taking damage. As Aqua suggested your best choice is some kind of totem that helps your goalkeep (+hp buff is a good start)

Afterword
    Try building a team around that format and enter a few matchs and see how that goes. Been trying to keep it simple, but feel free to ask for more details on areas your interested in

5. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Thanks for the advice! I figured that having three strikers was pretty bad but in early levels I had only rolled 5*Stars strikers so I just invested resources into them and haven't finished upgrading my other players to replace them. I currently don't have many defenders to use as my Center Mid, the only defenders I own are Lindberg and EA43 Haru.

I forgot to mention that before this post I was thinking of using:

Front Line:
    Evylin - Milky Way - MX27 Leventor

Middle Line:

Cynthia/Niarose/Jean - Yuri (ACE) - Linmay

Back Line:

Elua - Virgil - (Kevin) - Chitose

Goalkeeper:

Angela/Black Tortoise/Alexa

I just wanted a more experienced opinion before I dumped resources into building that team in case it was awful which was why I listed all my players.

Taking your advice, I'll try to scout for a defender, hp buff totems and better attackers to use as my breakers.
    I'll also consider swapping the positions of Milky Way and Evylin even though Milky Way's assigned position doesn't fit as Left Front Line.
    On that note, does assigned position actually do anything? I've mostly been using assigned positions as a ground to build my teams but I'm unsure if it actually does anything.

Once again, thanks NEET and AquaXxX! I'll let you guys know if anything else comes up~!

6. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    assigned position gives a very small bonus to thier base stats. The bonus is very small so your not loseing out much if you can postion a player "out of postion" it gives a noticable advantage

since your new, you would likly benfit more from double assit top line more than totem until you can power up your team more. Plus double assis is easyer to use.

Yuri is decent CM for now, i dont recomend jean since you need mutiple players to help him or he dies and loses the ball too much. your backline looks fine for now

just need to scout them breakers

No need to worry too much about what your final team will look like, you will find yourself replaceing alot of players till you find a style that you perfer. Anything you did invest in wont be a waste since most players have more than one team in case they find themselve a notable element disadvantage

7. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Alright, thanks again NEET!

I only have one in line active passer which is Evylin. My other assists are Niarose, Linmay, and Phil so I'm not sure if they would be good to put in the front line.
    I think my Milky Way might be pretty good but I'm not sure. I attached a screenshot of her stats to let you see if she's viable to use. I like the Milky Way active + Leventor active combo for OTK.

So for my Middle Line, who should I replace for the breaker? Cythia/Niarose or Linmay? I researched a little bit that Niarose could be good if built as an attacker but the information might be outdated.
    Any ideas of good breakers for me to scout for? My attackers are Yuri, Hercules, Skorn, Z088 Beta, Loyce and Sage but I don't know if they're strong right now.

Which goalkeeper would you recommend for me to use? Alexa, Black Tortoise, or Angela?

Lastly, for the drawing mileage, is it worth saving the points for the more costly ones or going for the 500 point classic star?

I appreciate your help! <3

Attached Files:

8. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    replace Cythia, she is leader class
    unlike postion bonus, class bonus is actally noticeable

The same can be said for Niarose, she is a assist class.
    Defender class can make good breakers too, however leader class being a breaker could only be done with a very limited players beacuse of the skills that they have, and even then it requries very very high investment which isnt open to newer players.

As a new player you will have more suscuss with a standard Attacker class breaker, than strange super top tier strange build leader class breakers

---
    Milkway isnt ideal, but is good enough for now

alot of players are actally very good, but only while in a certain team set up
    ---
    Angela is the easy to use since she can heal herself, someone eles will say Alexa and BT will be stronger later on. This is true but most people will invest in more than one goal keeper for elemental advantage reasons.

once again as a new player your better off picking someone who dosent require too much investment to be decent so you can use them right now
    --
    beta and loyce are both attack class, they are decent. As for are they strong? This is a team game they only reach full power with certain team members. I would not recomend you try build a "A-Team" right now, better to just experiment and see what you like before super investing.
    ---

For now i would suggest you evolve all your players to high as you can, And try to get them all to lv50. (BTW you can buy matchs that give you a exp item in the shop for only 10 crystals, its worth it and the game gives you alot of free crystals anyway)

Even if you change your mid, evo + lv50 isnt a hurge lose
    dont sell them btw, they will have a use in future (wont explain right now for the sake of keeping it simple, feel free to ask when the time comes)
    ---

As for milage draw, new players always benfit more from the 500 optition. The higher cost options is only for when your trying very hard to make players with a certain "combo". Right now what benfits you more is having more otions to work with rather than strange player combos that might not even work well if your team or requires too much invesment for it work

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  9. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Thanks (again)!

Currently I am buying a lot of penguin matches, I've probably spent over 500 crystals on them already while trying to get all players to level 50. I'm not planning on selling my players either as of the moment.
    Will probably need them soon for chains and getting dimension stones.

I'll try using beta and loyce as my breakers but I still would like to know of any other breakers to scout for.

I'll also try using Angela for my goal keeper as you recommend.

Regarding Milky Way, should I replace her with Phil, Niarose or Linmay as you said about double assist?
    They're forward passers so I can't use their active which is why I'm hesitant on using them rather than Milky Way.

Last question for this reply, is using Yuri Ace worth it for my team?

10. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Yuri ace is decent for now, since most of your players are in a diffrent element.

Forward pass isnt good in the top line

As for what to scout, Since you already have a legendary leven as your striker, you will likly go Thunder+[something eles] to make a dual element team.

• Lynia is a better Thunder mid line breaker than Beta, since Lynia will buff her team mates too. Its not super important to do this since beta is decent.
    • Vanity is a defender that could do decent damage to act like a backline breaker, she also buffs your goal keeper too. Until you get to her lv60 and 3 superbs you might need to pair with temporary breaker for now.
    • Karpila would be a good assist to scout for your lev
    • I would scout a thunder GK like glayde, for when you can use a "dual element" ace effect.

Once you done that and built up your main thunder players, then its time to decide which 2nd elemnt to use. Dual element ace bonus is much higher than ones that work for any element like yuri, but its only worth doing if most of your team gains that bonus

AquaXxX likes this.
  11. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    I appreciate the help NEET! I'll try to strengthen my team based upon your advice. If I need anything else I'll tell you.

Thank you~!

12. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    UPDATE:
    After a gaining a few more players, my current strongest team is:

Front Line:

Middle Line:

Cynthia - Yuri (ACE) - Linmay

Back Line:

Elua - Hyang Ran - (Virgil) - Chitose

Goalkeeper:

Alexa

but I've been trying:

Front Line:

Middle Line:

Z088 Beta - Nerua - Cynthia (ACE)

Back Line:

Elua - Hyang Ran - (Virgil) - Chitose

Goalkeeper:

Alexa

It works out alright, not as strong as my main team since I haven't properly stoned them. I'm a bit worried about swapping the stones in case the team is weaker.
    I also didn't use Angela since I had a lot of light synergy (mostly because of chitose) in backline so I felt as if Alexa was more appropriate.

Currently I'm thinking of trying for either mono thunder or thunder-light.

My thunder players are:
    MX27 Leventor, Cynthia, Nerua, z088 Beta, Blade, EA42 Vanity (got her scouted as you recommended), EA43 Haru, Valerie, Chiffon, Griffith, DU007 Nute, ZUXX Robin

My light players are:
    Milky Way, Virgil, Alexa, Hyang Ran, Chitose, Elua, Net, Sky, Hercules, Skorn, Parabellum, Dynames, Mariel

Other notable/experimental players:
    Evylin, Yuri, Linmay, Angela, Kevin, Beatrice, Black Tortoise, Krishna, Nia Rose, Ravian, Armel

I've also acquired my first two unique stones which are:
    Bond of Silence and Leaf of Nodhile

Now regarding my questions:

- Should I replace Evylin with Sky? Evylin feels a tad week and I'm considering Sky as a temporary replacement before I get Karpila.
    - Do you have any suggestions regarding replacing some of my players with ones I've mentioned above?
    - Should I continue with a Rainbow team since I think I have some fairly strong players that aren't thunder or light?
    - For my light backline, should I replace anyone with Dynames or Mariel?
    - Which type or player would benefit the most out of Leaf of Nodhile? It doesn't seem that strong but I'm still a noob so I can't really say.
    - Should I scout Guinevere? She just appeared and I'm only short of 300 gp. She's a thunder player which might help with mono or thunder-light.
    - I have 51 DS right now, but which legend would I ideally aim for: Kirna, Bell, Felix, other?

I might thinking things far too ahead but I really do enjoy this game and I want to get stronger. Sorry for bothering you again NEET or Aqua. <3

13. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
  14. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Linmay is experimentalable player. She fit anywhere. Her healing is lovely to backline.
    Armel is kinda Dark Elaine, so you maybe prefer more on Elaine.

And for stone's, try to get another one :p

I really can't argue if Evelyn is not that good. If you rely on a high pass, you can use Sky, as her pass is agueable high. Beside that, she can decrease her cd of active, which is leading into active pass most of time.

For your current form, i think there's no big deal. Just considering, beside Milkyway, there's Ernesto who good enough in adding some damage.
    And, yeah, get Karpilla. You'll need her.

You can pick what mono or dual later if you aren't pleased with your current teams, for now on, just try to adding some love to your rainbow, shall we?

Dynames is good for heals, however, i mostly recommend Linmay with coop stone for heals.

Hmm, Nodhile can used by mostly defender or something like "players with low survivability" , but remember, once the Hp shield is out, Nodhile is nothing more than common stone. It may seems good, but Nodhile is considered as worst stone, if i can say. Sorry, but this is just my opinion.

For Guinevere, maybe you want her, maybe not. She can boost Leve with those crit damage and penetration, but that's it. Nothing more , nothing less.

Well, we got a burning player over here :D
    Collect DS as many as you want, you can pick the Legendary later. You still have one leg right? Then its not impossible that you get another one from gach, so be patient my friend.
    Mybe Felix can do something for your mid, Duran is a good Rainbow ace beside there's Jiho, Baltheon can boost his pass insanely, Aiolos is friendly healer and Jibril heals... something . Pick one of those leg, they are the best leg of the year

And the last but not least, i'm really sorry for the slow respond.

I want to help, but we can't buy time.

15. Dweebble

Dweebble

IGN/ID:
    Dweebble
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Thanks Aqua, really appreciate your advice and time! I was mostly pushing the thread since it was down to the last days for scouting Guivenerre (which I ended up scouting).

I'll continue to use my rainbow team until I get more thunder players (more specifically Glayde, Karpila and Lynia). I currently use Linmay mid since my backline is light and it's reasonably strong with the Chitose buffs.
    I can try changing my backline to more rainbow-like and use Krishna, Vanity, Linmay, Kevin and Alexa/BT/Angela instead. That way I can use Linmay as my healer over Dynames.

Regarding Armel, I haven't really invested resources into her yet. I have her in experimental players since I think she's usable but she would have to either replace my backline substitute or Milky Way (which helps my Leventor one-shot).
    On that note, I might consider running double assist frontline if I get Karpila or replace MW with Guivenerre if I choose to run Mono Thunder. Guivenerre has a similar job to MW in terms of buffing.

And I agree with Leaf of Nodhile being quite 'bad'. I can clearly see that its far worse than other Uniques. It felt somewhat niche which was why I had some concerns regarding who to use it on.
    Unfortunately, Leaf was my first unique stone and it was from the Bingo event. However, I have obtained Bond of Silence from evolution which I'm quite happy with. Still trying to get lucky with evolutions.

Regarding Evylin, its not that she's super weak, I just can't really notice her much in a match. I only see her get crushed in the frontline by other players. In a match, her best usage for me is just the active pass.
    I guess she's mostly a totem and I do like the crit damage bonus but I was wondering for Sky since she can be apart of a thunder-light team. In addition to the cd reduction on active.

I guess I'll wait on the legends for now since it'll be sometime before I actually get enough and by then the meta has probably changed.

Also, in moments when legends can't be used, I lack a strong striker without my Leventor. Who should I use as a back-up? For mono thunder and I have between Blade, Griffith and Valerie.
    My other strikers for Rainbow would include: Beatrice, Jean, Ravian, Gigerfelt, Kirin.

Again, thank you for your time!