1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Rainbow team help

Discussion in 'Team Advice' started by Lineage, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Lineage

Lineage

Hiya! Been playing SS for about 2 years now but first time posting here. Looking for help building my rainbow team. I have enough DS to grab a legend but finding it difficult to choose. Current team is...

Bora-Karp-Luka
    Ashe-Serestia-Choi
    Jiho-Gaphyl-Duran-Magnus
    Jin (Presty bench)

Not super competitive, mainly play for fun. Any help is appreciated!

2. Nawzu

Nawzu Bora Husbando Staff Member

IGN/ID:
    Nawzays
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League (2751)
    Colosseum:
    CoD 55 CoT 44
    For legends, I think it would be better to go for something that my help you more in PvE, since your PvP team looks okay to me, though I would prefer Melissa and Renee if using 5* assists for Bora

Askeladd, Nabi and Jibril can help with PvE
    Jibril can also help in PvP if you want a little more healing and some tankiness

I would go with Jibril for the versatility

3. Lineage

Lineage

I’m surprised to not see any strikers on your list! I would’ve thought most would tell me to drop Bora first.

I do think a passer is going to be most useful and Jin is lacking in the healing department so Jibril would really help.

When people find out I use Bora at my level of play they are in shock which confuses me. Is Bora actually bad without me knowing it or is she a hidden gem that most never try thus leading to them not knowing how good she is?

I also wonder if I should attempt to solidify my back line with Aiolos. Right now when Jin uses block he can bring a high leveled Sharr shot into the 100-300 range with a crit... but follow up shots can be devastating.

Choosing ds legends has become increasingly difficult compared to my first two ds legends last year lol. So torn on what to do.

I’m also keeping in mind character chains. With my current set up Choi has all 3 activated via Bora, Serestia and Jiho. But most everyone else has 0/1 chains activated. But I guess that’s the short coming of rainbow teams.

4. Nawzu

Nawzu Bora Husbando Staff Member

IGN/ID:
    Nawzays
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League (2751)
    Colosseum:
    CoD 55 CoT 44
    Well that's because I use Bora too lol

The last thing I'll do is tell you to stop using her

\loveu

Lineage likes this.
  5. I3lackBro

I3lackBro Bronze

IGN/ID:
    I3lackBro
    Club:
    EternalLight
    Galaxy:
    Platinum
    Colosseum:
    Honestly yea bora is weak, if she could steal as much as ravian she would be decent but for sure low tier. IF your playing for fun I would suggest you keep using her. Jibril is a good pick as well as Aiolos since she can also heal Jin. If you decide with Aiolos switch both your passer with Renee and Melissa else use one of them.

Other than that I would remove Gaphyl and use saramir for more Crit Res.

I'm not sure whether you should replace magnus or not thou for more Crit res.

Lineage likes this.
  6. Lineage

Lineage

Thanks for the reply!

I’m definitely going to add Melissa to the front and possibly Renee unless I go with Jibril. Makes sense instead of Luka and Karp.

As far as shooters go Bora has been very consistent for me so far. She can get up there in damage on her 3+ shot. I’ve seen her with 4K+ dribble, 350 crit and 290-310 cd and around 50 pen. All approximate numbers.

If I felt that switching to say Miri would increase damage by a lot I’d want to upgrade.

By saying I play for fun I mean I don’t get all serious about ranking super high or anything but I do play many hours a day and enjoy club matches etc. I’m like a casual ++ player I guess.

7. DarkStilgar

DarkStilgar

In my experience the main issue with "Ineedtostackup" strikers is the fact that Aiolos exists AND is widely used. A single cleanup from her can make your ramp up disappear and your striker go limp... I wouldn't worry too much about a legendary striker though... there are viable good alternatives in the 5* department on pretty much all colors (kyoko, damien ecc just to name a few).. your best bets as far as legendary players go are probably jibril and aiolos (as others have stated). Jibril grants you extra survivability and a good passer. Aiolos gives you some decent defensive stats and the buff wipe (which can be really really really strong vs all non one shot teams).

Lineage likes this.
  8. Lineage

Lineage

Great! Thanks for the help and advice everyone. Going to go with Aiolos or Jibril and add Melissa to my front.

As much as I love Gaphyl I’ll have to replace him also.

9. I3lackBro

I3lackBro Bronze

IGN/ID:
    I3lackBro
    Club:
    EternalLight
    Galaxy:
    Platinum
    Colosseum:
    I don't have problems with Aiolos in backlines when using my vonchi, I just ensure that he does not shoot into her.

10. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Don't forget that Aiolos could remove buff with her action too.

Bora still a good striker to me. You'll overcome her weakness once you reach 100% pen stat :v
    Other than that, Bora is okay to me

11. I3lackBro

I3lackBro Bronze

IGN/ID:
    I3lackBro
    Club:
    EternalLight
    Galaxy:
    Platinum
    Colosseum:
    I know she can remove stacks with an action but it hardly ever happens in a match for me.

Given that she has no built in pen getting that 100% is difficult especially if you don't re-roll one of her stone slots.