1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

September 7th Developer’s Note

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Drakon, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Drakon

Drakon Megalomaniac

IGN/ID:
    Drakøn
    Club:
    Arcanis
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD:60/CoI:92/CoT:46
    Soccer Spirits · Thursday, September 7, 2017

Hello all!

We’ll be holding a major Legendary player balance modification patch during the Sep. 13th regular patch.

We are well aware that Legendary players are one of the major contents that many users are keeping their eyes on.

[Major balance modification on the Legendary players]

We've considered the following points to select the Legendary players who will be included in this upcoming balance modification:
    1. How frequently the player is used in Galaxy Super League (Champion Grade or higher)
    2. How frequently the player is used in Colosseum of Despair (50F or higher)
    3. How frequently the player is used/banned/protected in Galaxy Live
    In the case of new star Legendary players, we've also considered the difficulty of acquisition into the use rate.
    [​IMG]
    Player Usage Rate in the Galaxy Super League (Champion Grade or higher)

1. Choi (Ardor)

Choi was a versatile player who could be fit into variety of positions in formations. However, he became a player with too many ups and downs due to the modification on reflect damage (the damage that the player who penetrates/gets stolen deal to the opponent player), in addition to the chronic problem of timing in using his active skill.

In an effort to make Choi more stable in the mid line, we’ve reduced the spirit cost for his active, “Do It Yourself,” to cost zero spirit so that it can be used first before penetrating the line.

2. Nabi (Ardor)

Nabi is a player who was intended to bring strength as an assister using her forward pass active skill. Despite our original intent, Nabi came up short in her offensive role due to a lack of sustainability.

We'd like to modify her passive skill "Volante," by changing the Critical Resistance to be Decreased Incoming Damage in an effort to increase her sustainability.

3. Miri (Whirlwind)

Miri can use a powerful active skill so long as one can gather enough spirit, in addition to increasing Critical Damage based on her Critical Rate.

In particular, her skill, "Call out Winds and Rains," was overly strong and will be downgraded. We’ll be running some tests in order to modify the values to a reasonable level.

4. Khirel (Whirlwind)

Khirel is an aggressive player who showed his presence in the league with explosive power unlike Duke and Shu. However, it seems he was upgraded too much after the balance modification that took place on Jan. 18th (in an effort to distinguish him from Duke and Shu), along with the changes to reflect damage dealt. As a result, we’ve seen Khirel be used in a greater variety of ways than we intended.

We will be excluding the condition, “when being attacked,” to his skill, “Song of Knife,” to limit his usage.

5. Duran (Whirlwind)

Duran is an outstanding player that greatly influences the defense line in PvP. Due to his strong kit, one can easily form a defensive line using Duran. However, we feel that users have become too pressured to feel that they are required to have him.

We will be modifying the penetration decrease stat on his passive skill, “Unethical Being,” and changing the critical resistance granted by the skill, “Fate of the Absolute,” to attack power, so that users have more options to consider when setting up a defensive line.

6. Aiolos (Whirlwind)

Aiolos is a player with unique utility. She had been downgraded in the Apr. 26th patch, but still retains a good skill set. However, we came to the conclusion that the efficiency of her active skill was a problem when compared to how good her passives are.

We’ll be increasing the skill effect duration from 5 minutes to 12 minutes, which was too short compared to the cooldown time. We hope that this modification will allow Aiolos to be more influential.

7. Bell (Thunder)

Bell was once a highly used player, but has lost popularity as time went on. She does not have a bad usage rate, but does not seem to have any unique or defining characteristics when compared to other Legendary players.

We will add a HP buff on her passive skill, “Controlling Power,” while slightly decreasing the other 3 stats, in order to improve Bell so that she can find her own uniqueness.

8. Felix (Thunder)

Felix is a player whose hope was to bring more power as Thunder’s CM when we designed him. Even though he seems to have good performance, Felix has rather low usage.

We agree that the condition to activate his passive skill, “Astral Agony,” can be a major restriction depending on the situation. Thus, we will also add another condition, “when when penetrating through an enemy line,” and adjust the amount of health recovered, in an effort to improve his usability.

9. Valkyrja Beth (Light)

Valkyrja Beth has good performance and a clear role that she plays in the game. However, she had been indirectly nerfed with the recent Unique Spirit Stone balancing.

We want to improve her passive skill, “Goddess of Battle,” by increasing the values and decreasing the number of times needed to stack it.

10. Metatron (Dark)

Metatron has been the long-lasting queen of midfielders. Though not as effective in Galaxy Live, she is capable of greatly affecting the team; so we decided to reduce her influence.

We tried to preserve the function of the passive, “Angel’s Light.” However, the condition to activate it has been increased to two times in order to reduce its impact and Metatron’s presence.

11. Baltheon (Dark)

Baltheon became a well-used player after the Jan. 4th patch due to the pass numbers he can achieve. He has become too much of an unstoppable assister, and was considered along with Duran with his balancing.

We’d like to give a twist on his existing strength, by changing the pass stat to Attack Power in his passive skill, “Guardian’s Will.”

----

As we continue to service Soccer Spirits, our concern over Legendary players grows. We would like to provide more distinguishable characteristics to each Legendary player, and sometimes our greed gets the better of us.

We kindly ask for your patience and understanding to these pending modifications. However, please note that it is a delicate process when it comes to balancing due to the many considerations needed, especially toward Legendary players.

In the future, we would like to have an overall modification such as this from time to time once enough data is accumulated to warrant checking the meta, and present such details through developer’s notes such as this one.

Thank you.

※ Please note that the balance modification was designed through constant internal tests, and that the content is not finalized and subject to change.

Please check the patch note that will be available on Sep. 12th.

2. Drakon

Drakon Megalomaniac

IGN/ID:
    Drakøn
    Club:
    Arcanis
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD:60/CoI:92/CoT:46
    This update is gonna make me lol. Lots of people are gonna be salty.

3. Pekabo

Pekabo Vocaloid fan

IGN/ID:
    Pekabo
    Club:
    AnimeClub
    Galaxy:
    Milk way
    Colosseum:
    I forgot
    Super

4. Laser85

Laser85

Choi: Helping OHKO all in more than anything
    Nabi: Ok
    Miri: Need to see values
    Khirel: Overall good, but buff to OHKO all in
    Duran: Ok
    Aiolos: Ok
    Bell: Ok
    Felix: Already better than Meta and now improve
    Beth: Ok
    Meta: Make Shu/Felix have same type of conditions we are good to go
    Balth: Because all in teams were having too much (thanks IC Balth rerollers)

5. Viticide

Viticide

IGN/ID:
    Viticide
    Club:
    Com2uStream
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    I like most of the changes. BB seems to have addressed the major issues with each of these players and buffed or nerfed accordingly.

But I'm very concerned with Felix's buff. Healing on pen? So we nerf Meta and buff Felix to now potentially be an even worse problem as a team healer? I fear that healing on pen is going to get very abused. And when is Dark going to finally get some additional healing? Meta got her deserved nerf but an alternative to her has still yet to ever come. Avnore doesn't cut it.

Was hoping Duke would see a slight nerf though. His kit is boring but he has a little too much going on all of the time. Oh well. At least Duran, at long last, finally got a nerf!

Khirel was strictly nerfed. This change shouldn't really affect all-in 1HKO teams but it most certainly can't buff them. He didn't gain anything, only lost the condition of "on being attacked" from Song of Knife.

6. Laser85

Laser85

Used him to 'absorb' some attack power as ohko shot at him, now he does nothing when you put him in front of the striker

OHKO all in teams love it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  7. RoundBall

RoundBall Cheap Galaxy Pleb

Club:
    Cataclysm
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    40 ish
    Oh Mai Ball!

Where is the damn Jiho nerf?? yes i do have Jiho and i think she needs nerf.

So... Dark legend nerfs...
    WW legend nerfs...
    Thunder buffs...
    Ardor slight buff?
    Light slight buff?

BB and balancing surely doesn't go hand in hand. they are very 1 dimensional in their balancing...
    i do hope they do this balancing nicely, and yet i don't have my hopes up too much.

8. Kazu19

Kazu19

Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    D58*I74*T50
    @Drakon can you add after each legend which skill are they planning on changing? (like copy&paste the current values)

9. VelmoR

VelmoR Legends

IGN/ID:
    VelmoR
    Club:
    Nekofora (Ex. SSFC)
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy League
    Colosseum:
    Gonna make more people quit

yama likes this.
  10. Renrashin

Renrashin Champion

IGN/ID:
    Renrashin
    Based on what they said. Im pretty sure Jiho nd Serestia are next to get nerfed. Both have higher Usage than Khirel despite being a lot newer

PaxMilitae likes this.
  11. GengisDog

GengisDog Whale Of Metatron

IGN/ID:
    gengis(kan/dog)
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    G.L. 2600+
    Pff Nerf units and same time buff better kit units is quite a nonsense, wanna increase the usage of some units, first consider for how long this units are on table . . .

12. Renrashin

Renrashin Champion

IGN/ID:
    Renrashin

Well its best way to get ppl to spend DS. Alot if ppl hve Meta compared to Felix. So by making Felix better nd Nerfing Meta, u encourage ppl to spend DS

13. GengisDog

IGN/ID:
    gengis(kan/dog)
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    G.L. 2600+
    as cm overall Felix with an HP buff is better than Meta even without Meta nerf :) (i can agree to felix buff, but as common gonna get buff than she will get nerf again because oh users now just use her strange )

Consider to nerf a unit to make another more valuable because the % of usage without considering release time for ME its a nonsense.
    Than theyre decision but i repeate for ME this just generate more frustation to the community than benefits.

14. Renrashin

Renrashin Champion

IGN/ID:
    Renrashin
    Well they just needed to push ppl to get Felix more. I mean almost all top players/whales have Meta. 900 DS+mats needed to max unit is too costly for a slight upgrade. So even if Felix was slighty better, it wasnt worth it to most. If they gut Meta nd Buff Felix, suddenly ppl are more willing to spend 900 DS for Felix

Kazu19 likes this.
  15. GengisDog

IGN/ID:
    gengis(kan/dog)
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    G.L. 2600+
    To push people to get Felix her buff is quite enauth to do that ^^

16. Hypernova

Hypernova

IGN/ID:
    Hypernova
    Club:
    小楼
    so many nerfs.

why can't they just buff the rest rather than nerf the best?

17. Kazu19

Kazu19

Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    D58*I74*T50
    because Legends shouldn't be broken af but slightly better and more unique than 5*????

18. GengisDog

IGN/ID:
    gengis(kan/dog)
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    G.L. 2600+
    Eh Eh, its so evident for attackers how they scale ...

19. Renrashin

Renrashin Champion

IGN/ID:
    Renrashin
    Do you mean they need to be better than all 5*s pf the same Category?

For example, Leventor is better than most 5* strikers but lets say (Hypothetically) he is weaker than 1 5* striker (Lets say its Damien as a hypothetical example). Is that fine? Or should Lev (and all 6* strikers) be slightly better than all 5* strikers.

20. Renrashin

Renrashin Champion

IGN/ID:
    Renrashin
    Felix is a guy XD

I just wish they allowed Legends to be recalled because getting Legs costs a lot of resources. But i guess that defeats the purpose of getting ppl to spend.