1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Shadowverse

Discussion in 'Everything Else!' started by FatalCookies, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Yeah, I know.
    Havencraft can almost never pull it off, because Shadowcraft is so fast, Eachtar is crazy powerful. And Dragoncraft is just really powerful with a lot ways to do big damage.

2. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Wonderland Dreams is out. Alice decks are looking good. Also, some nice new deck styles. I will be trying to make an Old Man and Old Woman deck.

That Bloodcraft Abyss is overpowered as heck though.

3. FatalCookies

FatalCookies Cookie Master

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    Cinderella is broken :eek:

4. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    She's nice yeah. But you can see people making play mistakes when they use her. They will put her down, then, she gets bounced, because they put another swordcraft follower down.
    If I have 3 copies of her, I might want to make a Support Cannon deck and do a bounce cycle with her.

Right now, I have 2 different sword decks, one is neutral sword and the other is regular sword with Old Man and Old Woman. I haven't play tested the latter much though. I did not realize that the Solo mission check mark was to give you Solo missions on your next missions.

5. Subconscious

Subconscious Heavenly (Maybe)

IGN/ID:
    Cannon10
    Club:
    Nekofleet4
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    30+
    Not a good time to play Shadowverse.

Neutral engine makes every decks feel the same, while Spawn of Abyss is just bad design. Really felt like I'm playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

6. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Spawn of the Abyss is the only card that I think is overtuned. Everything else seems fine. Blood has way too many strong cards, so it is easy to play Spawn and end the game.
    The problem is there is just not enough answers for him. Even if you sweep, you take 6 damage. That is like you lose your turn and take 6 damage just to clear a card. Only Mutagenic Bolt, Winter's Caprice, and Fairy Mischief are real counters.

That said, there are plenty of deck styles to try out if you don't feel like playing neutral. What you do need to do is tune your deck to a faster play style.
    I am using Neutral stuff, since I want to try it out.

But the non-neutral decks I use, Elena Haven with Tenko and Odette, and Sword with Old Man and Old Woman + Ephemera seem to work fine. The latter I haven't tried enough in ranked matches to tell. I also want to eventually try out if Support Cannon + Cinderella is any good.

7. Subconscious

Subconscious Heavenly (Maybe)

IGN/ID:
    Cannon10
    Club:
    Nekofleet4
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    30+
    Neutral aggro kit + to Baphomet on 5 -> Turn 6 Spawn of Abyss. Only Rune that topdeck Mutagenic have the chance to fight back.

Tove, Scarlet Sabreur, Big Knuckle Bodyguard, Emeralda, all are very strong cards for their cost, plus preexisting Control Blood tools such as Revelation and Diabolic Drain makes Blood a pain to deal with. Try go to ranked, it's all blood.

About Neutral Aggro, they're fast and durable with Alice. Even harder to control than pre-nerf Prince Catacomb.

8. yushi199x

yushi199x

rune can win blood but blood still have better chance to win so.... ezz

9. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Yeah, I know. I meant other than Blood, the other stuff is fine. Blood is overtuned. It is very hard to counter Abyss, mainly because Blood was given so much power.

But for Neutral aggro, I beat it regular sword and elena haven. I am also trying more decks. Most classes are given lots of tools to deal with the new neutral stuff, so as far as I can tell for now, it is fine.
    For example, if you play regular sword, you have Old Man and Old Woman to clear. You also have Shield of Flame in addition to Whole Soul Swing. You can in-corporate a couple of neutral cards of your own, like Ephemra to power up your Ascetic Knight and other units on attack. You also have White Ridge Swordsman who trades for great value. But the 5 slot for Sword is really strong, so there are lots of competition there.

Forest was given Magical Fairy Lilac, then either Wood of Brambles or Woodland Band for early tempo wars. Not quite sure if you want to play both.
    Wood of Brambles feel like it is bug, since you lose the clash effect when you die.
    Woodland Band pretty much automatically triggers, so you can build a big counter board fast. The question becomes, are you doing this with Neutral or with Forest.

Oh yeah, I also keep trying to make Sun Oracle work, but it is so hard.
    This season, I am going to try some more. I tried a couple of versions and they all kind of fail. I am going to use Mage of Nightfall and Abomination, but I only have 1 copy of the latter.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  10. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Oh yeah, I made a Sun Oracle deck again and made some changes. Works fine now.
    It uses very few neutrals, because neutrals don't seem to work well in this deck.

Mage of Nightfall and Abomination is really great with Sun Oracle. Either of them can hit for 12 when they evolve. My deck is only partially complete, since I only have 1 Abomination instead of 3.
    And if they try to answer the Abomination, that's great, its a 3 cost 6/6, they will need multiple units to answer it.

I am theorycrafting Dramatic Dragonblader, but that combo is harder to pull off. It pretty much banks on them getting the 5/5 dragon so you can copy its power with Hamsa. Then, you can use Zell to haste Hamsa. Zell clears dragon, Hamsa goes to player.
    The other theory is Dramatic Dragonblader + Elta. In either case though, I think this card is pretty good for Dragon, if they want to prevent rush, since the likelihood of the opponent flooding entire board is pretty high, so she's free to play.
    I won't be playing this until I get 3 Dragonbladers, since there are other decks to theorycraft.

11. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    I think that's one of SV charms though. Unlike it's many other competitors, SV has all these insane and exotic card effects much like Yu Gi Oh.

SV does try to balance their cards somewhat, I guess it's just a matter of time.

Speaking of Yu Gi Oh, fought a discard dragon craft the other day and it was super nostalgic, as I used to play Yu Gi Oh with my friend who plays Lighsworn decks a lot.
    :haha

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  12. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    I can't remember the last time I logged on Shadowverse. Any relevant changes?

13. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Depends, the meta has changed. Right now Neutral Blood and other versions of Blood are pretty much the best decks in the meta.

Alice and neutral support created pretty much a new archetype of play style.

14. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
  15. rip the meta is strong it seems

16. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    spawn blood ends game on turn 6 = =
    sometimes missions are hard because you face like 4 tryhard bloodcrafts in a row

17. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
  18. Starx

Starx Diamond

IGN/ID:
    Starxnite
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Yeah, outside of Blood, I'm pretty happy with what I see.
    Blood has way too many power plays, so it makes it really hard to deal with them.
    I have semi-vengeance Blood deck, non-neutral, and it seems to work fine, but that is because of overtuned cards like Big Knuckle Body Guard and Scarlet Sabreur. Easy to maintain control until turn 8, drop spawn, evolve, and swing for 8, even against hyper aggressive decks. Since you have still can use Righteous Devil for big life swings when in Vengeance and also Revelation for board clear. You might have time to play it on turn 5 with Baphomet, but that is pretty rare.
    I haven't played that specific deck lately, so I don't know if it still works.

19. ShinHouin

ShinHouin I hate PDK Dragon with passion!

Galaxy:
    Bronze
    Colosseum:
    What I like about SV than SS is, I can spent minimal amount and still can be competitive against whales. This won't happen in SS.

Also, when I spent in SV. It was because I really want their exclusive stuff, like prebuilt decks or SFN leaders (which won't help me winning the game but can motivate me to play more). But in SS, people spent for win. And I play more not because of motivation, but because of obligation .Because SS is grindy as hell.

Last but not least, SV has S+ Waifu tier. complete with their Legendary VA (Ogura Yui, Sawashiro Miyuki, Toyama Nao, Ayane Sakura, etc ect).

But, the most important part it's fun. It's fun when playing meme deck, it's fun when making smart trades and outplaying my opponents. This won't happen in SS. There are only 11 cards on the field. And you need to cut an arm and a leg to make it competitive. Even then it would get destroyed by whales. Not counting what would happen if your favorite card got nerfed or got indirectly nerfed (by introducing new mechanic or releasing a hard counter or overbuff it's nemesis). Or they just ignore it altogether (hello there, rrahS)

/spraying salt

20. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    saber leaader and otk dragoncraft deck <3