1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Guides Somewhat Basic Guide to Elaine

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by applecar, Sep 6, 2017.

1. applecar

applecar

IGN/ID:
    applecar0
    Club:
    Challenger
    Elaine was one of the most used players back in the day. Now being overshadowed by double-assist front lines, and OHKO orientated teams, she hasn't found much use in the current meta. As a Elaine user ever since I've gotten her, I've devoted most of my time on SS on her. Breaking section down to spoilers so people won't get a headache reading... ahaha.
    https://imgur.com/OpuNqI2
    Active: Increases damage inflicted by 30% and decreases defense by 20% to a chosen enemy withing the position for 10 minutes.
    Pretty straightforward skill, used on GK for some extra damage. Also can be used on other players depending on the position she's put in, and whether the match is played in auto or not.
    Passive 1: Increases attack and critical rate of allies in the position by 25% for 5 minutes with an action (accumulative 2x).
    When she moves, your line gets the buff. Not restricted by any "specific actions" lets her carry this out more easily.
    Passive 2: Increases receiving pass effect and attack power by 15% for 10 minutes with an action (accumulative 3x)
    As if the 1st passive didn't give enough attack power, here's some more.
    Passive 3: Increases reflex by 100% and decreases the incoming damage by 25% when attacked.
    Reflex wall.
    Elaine is a a really good buffer in front line, and her skill set contributes in every way to make sure your striker can shoot as much as they can without losing the ball from your front line. She normally would be able to out-reflex enemies, ending up in a steal. Against double-action players, if their second action procs and Elaine is still up, with low hp WITHOUT the ball, she may counterattack.
    Her main weakness stat-wise would be her lack of vitality. Although Passive 3 decreases the damage received, she would not be able to hold onto the ball in normal circumstances while receiving hits. Also, it should be noted that teams without any speed buffs or if Elaine is just low-leveled stat-wise, she would have some trouble keeping the buff of Passive 1 up. Player- wise, most, if not all double-action players and high counter-attack resist players have a high chance to break through. It should also be noted that players with high damage reduction may break through under normal circumstances, if Elaine is low on hp.
    Stone Builds:
    This build gives her a higher chance to hold onto the ball. Main Unique to use would be Battalion. Gives more damage reduction while improving her damage output when attacked is a great way to weaken the enemy back line while keeping the ball from getting stolen. Dropping in an Ardor HP/reflex and Thunder pass effect/defense is up to how your front line is laid out. I usually go all defensive with this build, not worrying about reflex nor action speed. This build should be common if Elaine is used CM.
    Another Unique of choice would be Crystalized Crimson Jade. This stone gives extra damage reduction and reflex which is really good as extra insurance to make sure the ball stays in the position. Other stones are up to you, since now she got both extra damage reduction and reflex.
    Finally for the last Unique we have Star's Tears. Elaine is not normally high on the defense stat. This build would work well if you don't mind possibly sacrificing the prism slot to add a defense stone.
    Overall these "Ballholder" builds are just to make sure the ball stays in the line. Action speed with these builds should be considered LAST.
    The most common of builds, this build focuses on straight-up buffing her action speed and reflex while equipped with Endlessly Burning Matter as the choice of unique. Following would be line buff Uniques such as Silent Cold. Rare/common stones in this build would include different combinations of action speed, steal, and reflex stones.
    This build focuses on maxing out her action speed and steal stats. An ideal Unique would be Calm Icicle. Giving her increased action speed and damage reduction while not holding onto the ball would make her a great stealer on top of the steal increase given by the Unique. Rares/common stones in this set would include a green steal in prism slot, and either stones increasing her damage output or action speed for the other open slots. This would make sure her hp stays relatively healthy after a steal. In this build, more damage= more heals. Would work really well with Kirin striker frontlines.
    Is that all the builds? Of course not. They're just the most effective ones. There are tons of stone builds and I can say Elaine is a really flexible in stone builds.
    [​IMG]https://imgur.com/oP18Jp6 This build is NOT final... I've still got plans lol.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    GodHunter88 likes this.
  2. FatalCookies

FatalCookies Cookie Master

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    nice guide,

but you forgot to mention her 5min totem is a major weakness. It's very unreliable unless you run super fast teams with ab control, otherwise you will lose the buff.

3. applecar

applecar

IGN/ID:
    applecar0
    Club:
    Challenger
    Thanks I'll make an edit.

4. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club: