1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Ardor Somewhat In-Depth Guide to Jean (Edit:16.07.15)

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by rengeki7, May 30, 2015.

1. rengeki7

rengeki7 Nep-Nep^^

IGN/ID:
    rengeki7
    Club:
    Academy
    I'm not quite sure, if this counts as high level colloseum, but this team allowed me to reach lvl 41 (can't beat 42, because my defense is too weak and I'm not really trying excuses excuses blah blah xD)

As newly added into the above "guide" I mainly use Jean as an attacker now. In manual play he does a pretty good job at it.

I've also thought about using Jean as my striker, but I really don't want to either bench my Sharr or put her mid haha^^

[​IMG]

Well, first of Yuri in auto-mode is pretty much your typical attacker. The thing about her specifically though is that most of the time she is too weak (lack of spus, stones w/e) for the attacker AI and your heart to handle, suicides and makes people cry. This problem should solve itself when Yuri gets stronger as she then will not only not suicide, but rather actually win her "battles" more often!

As for the rest you're mostly right on the money:
    If "defender"-Jean's adversity has more HP than him he will just pass the ball over and over again. If said pass goes to Yuri she will very like try to penetrate. If however, Jean's adversity's HP somehow reaches a point where he will from then on most of the time try to pen/steal, it could maybe work out.

As for Shu penetrating it really shouldn't be much of issue, because that's what he's there for ;D

In that sense Jean I would consider Jean a back-up, a secondary attacker. Also, as you mentioned Shu helps Jean keep his health up in PvE and get more turns -> more Trance-Stacks so I guess he's decent as a partner.

I'm sure you'll get him someday >w<)b

Jean is a pretty niche player right now, so I guess it wouldn't hurt you too much to take a wait-and-see stance.

2. Audaciter

Audaciter

IGN/ID:
    Audaciter
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    This is the state of my striker Jean
    [​IMG]
    Using a puny 0 sup +0 non-ST WG, so the dribble is on the low side, but that just shows how much stronger he could get. He's currently with just 1 crit damage stone, but if my +14 dark crit damage stone evolves that could change. With encompassing soul I'll get 2 more crit damage stones which would give him ~265% crit damage. With Silent cold on Guin that would be 20% more and just need an Iggy's active which would bring him to 325%. The potential of a striker Jean is definitely there, just not many could reach it.
    I'm still on low CoD lvls (32 beaten, pretty sure I can beat 33 just need some luck and not sure how hard the others are), but it's not because of low damage, my Lucian just dies.
    Due to the dark crit damage stone he also heals ~300 per penetration/700 from shots (x3 if with encompassing soul as far as I know), so dying is definitely not much of an issue

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  3. Xand

Xand Elf in a dark elf team

IGN/ID:
    renemari
    Club:
    NekoFleetz
    Galaxy:
    noob galaxy
    So i presume you use Iggy, Guin and Jean line? How they are in PvP? I'm afraid such line can be too paper and penetrated by anyone.

4. Audaciter

Audaciter

IGN/ID:
    Audaciter
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    I use WG/Guin/Jean in PvE actually, Iggy's not in my team currently.. but once I reach higher CoD floors I'll probably use her on front for her active after penetration with Jean.
    As far as PvP goes, I'm using Vero/Elise/Jean. For manual arena farming it's pretty good, as if elise gets hit, she fills up Jean's action bar to full, compensating for his slowness. And her reflex is decent enough not to get her ball stolen. For auto though, I could definitely work on my team a lot, it's still pretty weak.

5. kafar

kafar

IGN/ID:
    kafar888
    Club:
    StarLegends
    you know what... i drew Jean today... this RNG lol.

well, he is a leader. so he needs to move first or he will be doing nothing. but he is also slow. looking at his kit, I think Jean is very hard to build. i may give it a try just for fun.

6. shahryar

shahryar

IGN/ID:
    dunyazade
    I finally got jean and... i did it, omg, i get him to use his active in 6 minutes. spirit problems what are those??? my problem is now diddling around waiting for his second wind to stack, if i'm using him as striker.

midline is nari, shu, jean. jean has got a lot of action speed because of the stones i put on him(and he also has a +5% spirit on critical, and i use mikael as ace), so in an ideal situation he attacks first activating trance stacks. then shu goes next and buffs position action speed on attack(hp too when i ee him) , and nari will pass to shu again letting him attack to buff more action. nari will also recover her own action/spirit when she passes or gets attacked, win win. cycle goes on with shu attacking and nari passing and then jean will be jean activating trance stacks and then shoot.

his dmg isn't that good when you forgo second wind stacks however. if i had baltheon(lol) that probably wouldn't be a problem. but for this setup you need a striker up front if you're just going to use jean as a glorified forward passer. and nari/jean will die if the enemy's midline is faster than yours or has insane reflex.

i don't know how viable that setup is in the long run since i'm only at colo 20 but it seems to work so far. i didn't max out jean's active so pvp isn't too great but manual is awesome.

i want to get virgil and replace nari with him for even more action bar+ that spirit buff...

7. rengeki7

rengeki7 Nep-Nep^^

IGN/ID:
    rengeki7
    Club:
    Academy
    I don't know about Virgil, because he basically fulfills the same role as Shu in that sense which is generating spirit, so I guess that if you were to try this, you'd better replace Shu. However, as much as it would strengthen Jean it would probably weaken your mid overall, not that Shu-Nari-Jean was a strong mid in the first place :x but I might be wrong though, because I haven't seen the new Virgil yet.

In PvE Jean is pretty neat as he contributes a whole lot of points in CoD. stcxy on reddit posted how points are calculated and it showed that strikers are able to generate the most. Having Jean is like having a second striker, so if you handle him right you will likely generate more points than others.

8. Xand

IGN/ID:
    renemari
    Club:
    NekoFleetz
    Galaxy:
    noob galaxy
    You will need to separate Shu and Jean later, because now my Shu (60lvl 2 spu) penetrate enemy with 900-1500 dmg from the first hit if he have the ball, that mean, Jean will get ball back, only if your frontline shooter fails and ball goes back.
    Also Shu - Nari - Jean midline got not enough reflex buff, It may cause problems in gold-plat league and higher in colo, because some high reflex teams (Eliz, Juri, Vero, etc) will counter you.
    My latest thoughts about placing Jean in team, are about midline without attackers. Leaders and assists only. For example Luka - Guenevere - Jean. Or Silla - Milky - Jean.

9. shahryar

shahryar

IGN/ID:
    dunyazade
    Yeah nari is useless in mid except for giving jean spirit lol. I get by because i ee'd jean and spu him so while my whole team is suck, he only need to 2-3 shot gk. virgil is probably better option than nari but you are right, i'm sure there is a better option i have yet to try. i put vivid fear instead of nari and it seems to work? but her reflex buff is not good enough long term

Noooo i love my shu. but you're right because if i use shu's active he just pens and then my frontline is 'oh no crap we're not even evo'd crap'. i think jean will have to be primarily an attacker, and failsafe striker. i really don't want to get rid of shu or jean:( i invest too much in both

i replaced nari with vivid fear. but she only debuff enemy reflex by 20% and juri and victoria are too op for that. arg, i don't like their art but i might have to get them. milky is on my list to get and so is anael. i will try mikael instead of nari and make mariel my ace... eh. if only vivid fear's debuff was teamwide...

10. Xand

IGN/ID:
    renemari
    Club:
    NekoFleetz
    Galaxy:
    noob galaxy
    Don't be upset, I use both, and Jean and Shu, and it works fine. I just separate them to use on different positions to fulfil different roles. If I see in PvP meta, juri etc. I use Jean midline with Vero and Passer. In other situations I use jean defline with nerua and Yuri. He is good as defline penetrator and shooter. You can achieve high AP boost using Jean def. Just use tactic and find good team formation for you.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  11. Quisil

Quisil

IGN/ID:
    Kuudou
    I didn't want to start a new thread for this and sounds like you guys have used Jean a lot so:

Is there a bug with Jean's Active-Shoot? Like does the crit buffs drop off when striking the GK?

I was training my team in Free Match and doing some quests, one of my active shots from Jean that had ~180% Crit chance Vs a GK that had no Crit Resist didn't strike critical.

My Jean has around 50% base crit, 20% from assurance during shoot, 15% from a spirit stone during shoot, I had a Mikael Friend so 50% in total from Ace and Totem Skills, then 50% from his active.

Just found it really odd and wondering if this happened to anyone else and if its frequent?
    If he does lose Crit Rate it doesn't seem to reflect in the stat screen when I brought it up mid shot

12. Audaciter

Audaciter

IGN/ID:
    Audaciter
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    It was a crit, it just doesn't show it as one. Happens to me a lot, but the damage was always as it should be. Unless the damage yours did was also lower than it should be?

Quisil likes this.
  13. Quisil

Quisil

IGN/ID:
    Kuudou
    Hmm, no I think the damage was probably about the same as a usual crit actually. I didn't see what the actual numbers were from the hit but I think it was still above 2K which is the norm on a crit for me.

I'll take your word for it and keep a look out on the actual damage next time it happens, cheers \stars cosmic hi-five lol

14. Karmistral

Karmistral Resident Artist, Shipper, Weirdo

IGN/ID:
    Kenta
    Club:
    Talentless
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    4x
    As someone who spoke volumes of him when he first came out, i appreciate this thread.

rengeki7 likes this.
  15. Audaciter

Audaciter

IGN/ID:
    Audaciter
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    [​IMG]
    Hits like a truck at the later stages of the match (too bad I couldn't use Elaine's active), but even early on it would just cost him 1k dribble.

rengeki7 likes this.
  16. Xand

IGN/ID:
    renemari
    Club:
    NekoFleetz
    Galaxy:
    noob galaxy
    Can you please say stones and other players you use to buff him that much? Is it possible to achieve such results using jean defline?

17. Audaciter

Audaciter

IGN/ID:
    Audaciter
    Club:
    Mascots
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    It's in mid and guin+elaine+friend's baltheon (just 800 pass as no stones, so could probably get 1k extra dribble from here), stones are 2 crit dmg, 1 dribble, glab. There's passives from sage+elise and active from BD (still not EE)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  18. Bolnp

Bolnp

Club:
    Lion Roar
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    COD 43 - COT 42
    Does Long-range shoot mean he can shoot from the back line? Or just Mid-line :)

19. Discord

Discord Waiting for more neko waifus

IGN/ID:
    Discord
    Club:
    TheNekoFleet
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    Mid line, not backline.

20. Tardy

Tardy .........

IGN/ID:
    Tardy
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    20 always
    im planning to build a Jean for both PVE/PVP purpose...
    can i have a clarification about second wind... what would to 2nd wind buff when he dies...
    ~will it reset to 0?
    ~or will it depends on what time has passed? like.... if he keeps dying every 10mins, and 44mins has passed the game would he still be computed like this 44*5