1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Ardor Taehoon or Lucian?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by DeltaOmega, Aug 11, 2018.

1. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    I've been using Taehoon for a while, but now I got Lucian and I wonder, should I build him? Who of these two is actually a better goalkeeper?

2. PaxMilitae

PaxMilitae This world needs more Noa

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Generally speaking, Lucian is better against those OHKO compositions. For matches with a longer duration, though, Taehoon tends to perform better.

DeltaOmega likes this.
  3. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    Thanks! And would it make sense putting Lucian in the backline as a defender?

4. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    No, there are better options for that. Mono Ardor backline can be actually pretty good, depending on who you have. I hate playing Mono, though, so not sure if I can help with that.

5. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    Right now I am actually playing something close to Thunder/Light. I just dont have any good goalkeepers. Only Taehoon. I guess I 'll keep him... Anyway, thanks for the advice! It was very helpful!

6. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Thunder/Light isn't very common nowadays. Care to share your team formation? Maybe we can help.

7. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    Ok, here is my formation:

Leventor-Sakiel-Asuray(ace)-Chrono(sup)
    Cynthia-Ariel-Choi
    Altair-Khalid-Virgil
    Taehoon

I was actually planning on swiching to thunder/ardor, cause I really want to continue using Choi. But not until I get a solid thunder/ardor ace.

Here are other players I have:

Thunder: Lynia, Aini, Luka
    Ardor:Elaine, Melisa, Kyuosuke, Wonny, Lucian
    Light: Hiro, Elua, Scorn, Hercules
    Dark: Damien, Lucifer, Lindberg, Zibroi
    Ww: Nono, Kura, Miho, Elisabeth

I got Choi at lvl 30. And then I got Lev. Right now I am not sure wether I will go for mono thunder or not.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  8. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Well, just like Griffith said, Just go for It!
    The reason why mono popular nowdays is, because they got Ace burst buff.

And for some reason, mono looks good in color gradiation

DeltaOmega likes this.
  9. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    I'll don't have the needet players neither for mono nor for Thunder-Ardor.. What my team will look like in future heavely depends on which players I get first...

10. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Well, I'm very biased on this because I HATE Mono Element teams (I find them incredibly boring), but you can go five ways from here:

1) Mono Thunder. You would need a Thunder GK, so I'd say you should try getting Glayde (she's by far the best 5* Thunder GK and the easiest one to work on, chains and stone-wise. Alternatively, you could try Robin, he just got a solid buff...again). If you decide to go Mono Thunder, then you MUST get Veronica, especially if you're going to use Glayde or Robin as a GK;

2) Mono Ardor. You would have to drop Leventor (just bench him for now), but that shouldn't be a problem when you can draw/scout Kyoko. Make sure you have Kevin+Micki on your backline for maximum douchebagness;

3) Ardor/Thunder: The concept is pretty cool, but you'll be lacking a REAL Ardor/Thunder ace (there aren't many reliable picks for PvP). You can lower the handicap by having a GK and striker of the same element, but there will always be someone left out (in your case, it's either Leventor or Choi). If you decide to go this route, I strongly advise you to bench Leventor, grab a strong Ardor striker (like Bora, Leo or Kyoko) and use Melisa as an Ace;

4) Light/Thunder: It's possible and you're more than halfway into it already. All you'd have to is drop Choi and Taehoon (sad, I know), get Kei, build a proper critical resistance backline (somewhere on the lines of Altair-Chitose-Leon-Vanity, which would mean going from a 4-man front to a 4-man back), make Altair your Ace and call it a day. Also, since you're replacing Choi, might as well throw a BI mid to make good use of that Cynthia debuff to act first and stack even more HP and CR. In the long run, you should farm enough DS to get Kirna, replace Chitose with Nerua and laugh at the pitiful attempts of your opponents to land critical hits at you;

5) Rainbow: Easiest, fastest, laziest and most cost-effective solution. Get someone with a decent Rainbow Ace (Jiho, Duran, or Felix, but Silla should do the trick for now), slap wherever he or she will perform best and have fun using whatever you like.

DeltaOmega likes this.
  11. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    Thanks! Well, I was actually planning on scouting Dane or Jean as Ardor-Thunder-Ace. (Are they really that bad for PvP?) But my only reason for dual is, that I want to use both of my legenderies whom I already sb-poverupped and put a lot of resources into. They work pretty well together (Choi's pass-buff). I don't want to bench any of them. I already have Chundo and Kevin, I was planning to replace Cynthia with Dane(Jean) once scouted. She gets penetrated easely... Then I would replace Sakiel with Elaine(or Luka).
    If I get the chance I will definitely scout the needed backline thunder players. I have build Glayde already... (but she does not seem being better than Taehoon...)
    But I also have anothe team for Non-Legendary League. It's full Thunder-Light with Hiro as striker. So I am trying to get really good players for both Thunder-Light and Thunder-Ardor. Then I could try different combinations, it's much more interesting to play then.))) Now I am looking for players from thunder and light that could replace Choi. I have Lynia, Uria, Cashlove, Chiffon. Any other ideas??

12. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    If I get Duran or Jiho (or any other solid Rainbow-Ace) I'll concider going rainbow.

13. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    Dane himself isn't bad for PvP, but Jean is. The Ardor boy is nearly a god for manual matches, but when it comes to league, he's terrible. My gripe with Dane lies more with the fact that his Ace makes your team a glass cannon.

In regards to thunder replacements for Choi, I am a huge fan of Lynia and Freyja. Both are fast, can hit hard and will benefit your team as a whole, especially Freyja.

DeltaOmega likes this.
  14. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    Thanks, I'll build Lynia since I have her! So Dane would be an option in PvP and Jean would work well in Galaxy live and PvE?

15. PaxMilitae

IGN/ID:
    PaxMilita
    That sums it up. Lemme know what builds you have in mind, so we can see whatever works best for you.

DeltaOmega likes this.
  16. DeltaRubee

DeltaRubee i should probably give up on SS soon

IGN/ID:
    DeltaRuby
    Club:
    AshesOfDawn
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    not entirely sure of jeans on live as i dont play it as much, but yeah jeans is quite handy pve wise

DeltaOmega likes this.
  17. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    The team, I wanted to build up till now looks this way>>

Leventor-Chrono/Elaine-Asuray-Luka
    Dane/Jean(Ace)-Ariel-Choi
    Altair-Nerua-Chundo/Kevin
    Taehoon/Glayde

I dont have nerua and dane yet. If looking at dane skills, his ace would maximise Levs demage, he also has a vertical line buff for crit and penetration and boosts the speed within the position. A really powerful unit.

Now I also think about making Thunder-Light my main goal.

My thunder-light team from From non-legeng-league (some of these players are not even 6* though, I was concentrating mainly on the other team) >>
    Hiro-Sakiel-Asuray(ace)-Chrono
    Cynthia-Ariel-Lynia
    Altair-Elua-Virgil
    Glayde

I dont want to go only mono, cause then my team would look same as every other mono-thunder team. I want to have this as one of my optional teams though.

And about rainbow, would Lev still be an option here? Though he's a legendary, he is still very team-dependend.

18. DeltaOmega

DeltaOmega

IGN/ID:
    DeltaOmega
    Club:
    Matrix
    Colosseum:
    I'll scout him just in case. If I get the chance....