1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Team Building/Reforming Help!

Discussion in 'Team Advice' started by Phiotan, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Phiotan

Phiotan

IGN/ID:
    Sener
    Hello! I'm new to the forums, and have been playing SS on and off for quite a bit. I kind of have a wonky team (like, reeaaally wonky), but am trying to rearrange a few things. It takes me a while to raise/acquire new characters, but I try.

Here's my lineup right now:

Nari - Elaine - Leventor

Victoria - Linmay - Vivid

Tyler - Verister (Ace)/Xing - Kiki

Lucian (Ace if Xing)

+1 varies from time to time (Lilith for PvE and sometimes PvP because Vivid+Lilith healing is my guilty pleasure and Lilith steals are kind of fun, Eden/P.Meiran for PvP)

I'm in the process of trying to switch out Nari and Elaine with Pinol and Baltheon respectively. Also trying to switch from Lucian to Glayde. Thinking about switching up the entire backline, but not sure what to transition into. Right now, I'm just working on Magnus, Nerua, and Chitose. Maybe a Veronica too? I kind of like my midline, but I'm open to suggestions!

For reference, here's a list of what other players I have besides the current lineup (I kind of have a lot because I hoard and never really know who's good ^-^"):

Ardor:
    - Jean
    - Elise
    - Micki
    - Lucius
    - Yuri
    - Renee
    - Sharr

Whirlwind:
    - Silk
    - Elizbeth
    - Beatrice
    - Rudiel
    - Neraizel
    - P. Meiran
    - Vermillion Bird
    - Kirin (might be a backup striker because paralysis is fun and he's a beautiful boy)
    - Nono
    - Magnus

Thunder:
    - Cynthia
    - Vayne
    - Juri
    - Hildegard
    - Eden (5*)
    - Glayde (probably going to replace Lucian)
    - Nerua
    - Veronica

Light:
    - Chitose
    - Hercules
    - Silia
    - Valkyrie Beth
    - Milky Way
    - Virgil
    - Hiro
    - Uriel
    - Mariel
    - Leah
    - Sammy
    - Isillia
    - Kei

Dark:
    - Jheet
    - Pinol (may use to replace Elaine)
    - Baltheon (probably using to replace Nari)
    - Lilith
    - Lynbell
    - Lindberg
    - Black Daisy
    - Avnore
    - Alkyde
    - Lucifer
    - Zibroi
    - Orses
    - Dale
    - Ignes
    - Jeunese
    - Niarose
    - Gerrard
    - Valkia (5*)

TL;DR: My lineup's up there, this super-long list of players are those I have in possession (because I'm a filthy hoarder). Recommend me a team, and maybe a stone or two? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Well, trying to give some little advice and recommendation.

Previously, Lucian is the worst Gk, so i would recommend Glayde, BUT, after last Gk patch, Blocking Active Gk become more viable and adviseable. All you need is another Heals or another pen resist or crit resist (and Hp ofc)

Tyler not affecting backline so much, but he 's a good defender. Prefer any Hp totem or DR over him, if you run PvP. And place DeathQueen to add some Tankness for your Lucian.

Your mid is okay I think, just put some Battalion UQ in Linmay, and she'll survive. Vivid is your main line breaker, so place Shaking Heart of Thunder for more damage , or Fontus Tisuue sample can make her uncounterable.

About front, it'll okay, but remember that Leventor selling point is on his pen and crit. You can add Guinevere as support for your front.

What UQ that you put on Leve?

and just wait for incoming @NEET -sama, he'll/she'll help you a lot for the statistic.

Ciao

3. Phiotan

Phiotan

IGN/ID:
    Sener
    Hey, thanks for the input! I really appreciate it :)

(I should've mentioned, yes this is for PvP. I'll deal with PvE teams some other time...)

I'm probably going to bench Lucian for Glayde. I remember first getting him and thinking it's my very first "viable" GK (I had Ogre at the time :p), but alas, the meta is not terribly accepting of him right now :c

Tyler's kind of my reliable breakline (plus, they added a pseudo-totem on him while I was gone!), but I think I can perhaps find a replacement. Since I'm planning for Glayde, I was thinking of sticking Nerua on defense. I don't have DQ so....sorry Lucian I still love you. On a side note, I am trying to also add Pinol somewhere, maybe defense would be good?

I assume UQ means unique stone (sorry, I'm not great at the lingo). If so, I don't actually have that many unfortunately. Vivid has Earth's Cry, but I don't have anything proper for Linmay. I'll work on that eventually....probably....somehow.....

I don't have a Guin sadly, but I can work on getting her. I do, however, have a Veronica that might be able to work well with Leve (Inspiring for CR, Disturb + Leve Overwhelming, Thunder CD totem). It might also benefit planned Nerua kinda. Thoughts?

I'm thinking of also transitioning from Nari to Balth since I have him lying around apparently. Since Leve already has crit rate (I think), Nari isn't super necessary. Balth has the pass effect and the totem will help with crit rate in the end, just not as dramatically as Nari's passes. I must admit though, she does help a lot with spirit building as opposed to Balth (especially when Pinol/Chitose are running about).

The unique stones I have right now (don't make fun of me pls):
    - Encompassing Soul (Leventor)
    - Earth's Cry (Vivid)
    - Endlessely Burning Matter (Elaine)
    - That one crappy EXP one (Hercules)

4. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    I saw the notification for my summons >.<

So you have Lev + Balth
    Normally I would say run a Dark Thunder Team where you use d-stones for a pesty, but since you have interest in Vivid Fearr + Kirin we can make it work. This team wont be top tier galaxy, but should be enough for plat/diamound depending on how much superb/power ups you can put in. Am guessing your a newer player so its not possable to make the most idea team, the best stratgy is to maxism your players native strenghs while filling in missing stats with buffs.

Line up
    Ernesto (Ace) - balth (off coulor) - lev
    Princess Meiran - Jury - Vivid Fear
    Vanity(earth cry holder) - Nerua - Kiki - Magnus
    -Glayde-

Need to scout
    Ernesto
    Princess Meiran
    Vanity

Ernesto ace Explained
    22% crit rate and Crit resist to WW+Thunder
    High Crit res Glayde is something you should be stacking anyway, Crit rate to lev will help while fighting other high crit res GKs. The crit rate to the rest of your team is actally useful to help them reach 100% crit chance without needing to use another sprite stone slot, freeing you for something eles. Guessing most of your players dont have much investment so the extra stone slot will help out. As for crit res for other players, not major great but assumeing thier team is useing a barely 100% crit rate build, thats still one in five chances that hit you for barely anything; not terriable for a under invested team (max out both postion buffs 1st)

Leventor Explained
    Lev has a low crit and crit damage outside of his active, as well as average ish base damage. Ernestro has a 30% receiving pass effect, 25% crit rate and 15% x3 stacking Crit damage buff (with a actoin), His active is 60% attack power for 20mins for only 50% sprite. All of these buffs are good to both Lev and Kirin, plus we're useing him for his Ace.

Jury as your CM plus Lev has a chain with her.

Mid line Explained

Jury is likly your best Center Mid (CM), She buffs her own reflexs while your vivid fear debuffs theirs for a decent chance to reflex counter attack. Put on co-op defence chance stones on her, stack enoough for 100% crit chance after factoring in ace effect + Princess mirin crit buff, and one crit damage stone. (max 1st two pasives, then 3rd, active last)

Princess mirin gives Crit and Refelx to the postion, both of which are good for jury and Vivid Fear. Also has a 15% x3 stacking Attack power buff, decent for your low base damage striker and it covers the lack of power ups the rest of your team has. Not the topest of tier choices but for your current team it works out. Give her one reflex stone and the rest can be either decressed damage or HP (max postion and team buff 1st)

Vivid Fear should have no problum reaching 100% crit chance, in fact you might go slightly over so your not affected by crit debuffs by their team as much. With no need for crit stones, you should lv60 her and run two crit damage stones (one in the prism slot). The other 2 stones can be drible or pen, pen power is semi decent vs highly defensive build mid lines on the other team. so this gives her a rather high chane of 1 shot kills (max her active skill last)

Backline explained
    Kiki is posted in the middle for her high action speed and steal damage, Use all her stone slots to buff steal damage after getting 100% crit, one crit damage stone helps too)

Vanity is the top pick team member for thunder GKs, glayde is in much need of max hp, and she gives 35%. Vanity debuffs thier postion for 15% crit rate, which is as good as giving your GK 15% crit resist, and lowering thier pass effect by 30% which is as good as another defensive buff. Earth Cry is the most ideal stone as she can deal decent damage and act as a line breaker, But you will need to lv60 and 3 superb her as soon as possable so you can get all 3 passives going. Other need stones are reflex + crit damage + either a steal stone or a 2nd crit damage (Max 1st and 3rd passive first, and max the 2nd passive to turn her into a line breaker)

Nerua is the other must have for a thunder GK, She is a great totem and could go into semi decent steal after some investment, however she is likly one of the last players you invest in so dont worry about it for now. lv60 + 3 superb in case your wondering, anything over this has small benfits) (Max 1st and 3rd passive, then 2nd, active last)

Magnus, I wont normally recomend people to run double "resist elemtal damage" totems, but in the case of new player with lack of player investment its actally decent. Yet more hp totem, while the action speed would help the other 3 backline players who all could have a high steal potental once invested into. He and nerua does however give you resistance vs 4 out of 5 elements so its a decent starting point until you can get someone with a better backline totem.

Afterword
    Only asked you to scout 3 players so it shouldnt be too hard, plus the same excate team is semi decent even if you swiched in kirin (noramlly you have to build a whole new top line). No matter how we look at it, you dont have enough players to make a top top tier team, so would be the bare min viable set up if we accounted for you likly havent power up most of them.

I would also suggest useing your spare players for speial training (lv60), start by useing up the element you like the least; most players dont benfit much for keeping more than 3 elements. Speical train your Striker and GK 1st, Then your main breaker for mid and backline (vivid + vanity), then everyone eles ( but jury 1st).

Yes i have relised there isnt a EBM holder, If your sure you can surive without 4 man backline, Pick Luka as the EBM holder

5. Phiotan

Phiotan

IGN/ID:
    Sener
    Hello! Thanks for the input from you too! It's really comprehensive o_o but that's a good thing!

I actually already have P. Meiran, so that makes only two to scout! I've actually been around SS quite a bit (I think I joined waaaay back when they just made 7* into 6* EEs), but I've never played seriously and treated it more like casual Pokemon: "pick whoever you like and just play."Also, I've put it down quite a few times for long periods of time which contributes to my lack of knowledge. Now I do want to try and get better, since as ranks get higher, so does the difficulty in PvP... (I'm actually Rank 99 btw, team cost was such a pain back then that forced me to rank up quickly so I could fit better players in -.-). I'll try and take your advice to only invest in three of the five elements, but I must admit it'll be hard. I've gotten quite attached to all the players within SS!

This lineup is really cool! I never actually knew much about Ernesto and Vanity (I don't really see them too often outside of Colosseum), so definitely I'll try to recruit and raise the lineup you proposed! I can't wait to try it out.

You say that Magnus is more of a stand-in for now. What would you recommend me in the future as a better backline totem? Of course, I'll work with Magnus for now, but it's more a matter of what I should look out for in the future.

On that note, who else should I look out for in the future? I always have the trouble of never knowing who's good and who's not, which causes me to simply hold onto everything in case the meta decides to slap me in the face.

6. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    The biggest diffrence between SS and other games is, it is a team based game where you cant expect to win simply by throwing out strong unit after strong unit. Useing the mid line as the example P.Merian, Jury, VF stacks thier buffs and advantages well to the point of its better than having 3 VFs in the mid line. So its hard to say "whats good" its more to do what overall statergy to you want to use, and look at your team and consider what stats are lacking to make them effective. Many times a unpopular players who seems weak beacomes one of the most important or "most powerful" while having certain team members with him

As for dealing with only having 3 elements, To go into more detail you would likly have 2 elements highly invested in (60-40 split), and a 3rd element only as a back up, but only work on the 3rd after the 1st two is done to a high level. Your play time is much too small to build a ideal mono element team, so dual element is the way to go. Right now anything that you own that isnt actally helping you win, dosent benifit you; its just gathering dust. So its better to use them up as speical training for your main team, when your main team gets strong it actally helps you gather more resouces faster so you make a profit in the long run. Plus this game gives you alot of 5 stars for free anyway so you will eventally get them back when can "Afford" to keep a collection

The ones i would save is the "totems", the players with either teamwide or notable postion buffs, sometimes its useful for PvE to use these players off element just to counter a certain team. The rest like strikers and GKs are useless unless its invested so go ahead and use them up, Attackers/denfenders/assit mostly do the same job as the one on y0ur main team anway so use them up too.

To do list
    • Make everyone on your team lv60
    • Max superb Striker and Goal keeper, Put 3 superbs on VF, Vanity, Balth, Jury in that order, 3 superbs on everyone eles, then max
    • Striker and Goal keeper should be +160 power up, then VF + Vanity + Balth in that order
    • Everyone's sprite stone should be 4 stars and +12 (replace with the same stone but better bonus rolls over time)

• Replace Magus with Altair (but only after your GK is lv60 and at least 3 (5 bettrer) superbs otherwise hp too low to not use magnus)
    • Save up 900 D-stones (do colo trials, pvp, char chains) and buy Fleix as your new CM(to replace jury and use his ace
    • Only after getting felix, get a Karpila to replace Ernesto

• Also scout mangers that boost your teams stats (do this as a secondry goal)
    • Collect managers that boost gold income, and only swich them in whle gold farm (daily gold match, weenend gold match, gold gurilla match). Also it is worth buying teh x2 gold boost for 5 hours at the cost of 150 crystals, doing sunday match + weekend match for 5 hours on auto will get you a few million gold (almost enough to make a uquire stone from scratch). So save up the ST you get in the mail (and from club check in), perharps save up another 100 crytals spare to buy more ST for farming gold on that day. 250 crystals to make a u.stone is a great deal
    Extra notes
    for someone who never saved up 900 d-stones to buy a legend before, it should take you no longer than 2 and half months if you did Colo trails(the tab on the right) to floor 30 each reset, pvp to at least gold/plat each season, and do at least one char chain per day (2 or 3 per day is ideal)

This website is useful to help you track which chains you can do
    https://ssherder.com/tools/chain-calculator/

I would say again; it does seem i asked you to use players for now and kick them off your team later may sound wasteful. The truth is some players and setups simply dont work without a bare minum level of stats to support it. Since your familar to pokemon is like saying you dont have a "Sweeper" unless it can 1-2 shot, cover at least 2 elements and outspeed others useing its IV/EV stats

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    AquaXxX likes this.
  7. Phiotan

Phiotan

IGN/ID:
    Sener
    Hello, I'm back again (sorry :p)! Thanks for all the advice. Again, I really appreciate it! And don't worry, I get it, in developing a stronger team, sometimes you need stand-ins to cover the weaknesses of the players that you have at that moment.

Well, this question isn't "reforming" anymore, but it's a bit of advice about the stones for the planned team.

Lucky for me, I've managed to nab SHoT (yay!) and was thinking of putting it on Lev since it would grant him a chunk of crit rate and crit damage, meaning it would replace what he's currently carrying (Encompassing Soul). Not sure if it's a great idea, nor do I know what to do with ES thereafter. Maybe stick it on an attacker/line breaker? Sorry, I'm always really hesitant and kind of bad at figuring out the best thing to do.

8. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Never hestitate!!!! But with any other consideration, it's okay to have some hestitation.

Leventor, with a decent pen buffer and pen assister, could get 100% cap easily, so, no need to get any other pen UQ (note: Glab and DB could waste the "pen" stat)

30% pen (ace) / 48% pen (ace burst) + 30% pen passive = 78% at ace burst (mono) + Luka 25% pass = 103% but it'll waste, because pen cap is limited at 100%

Considering you use Luka it'll be :

30% passive + 25% pen Luka pass + 20% Guin passive = 75% (at rainbow)
    It's a decent pen power if there's no pen debuffer in enemy backline (Duran and Lucifer for example)

The crit damage itself, little bit low

his active is able to achieving 60% crit and crit dmg

Guin and karpilla could boost about :

40% crit dmg + 20% crit damage + 60% crit damage = 120% crit damage

and

60% crit + 30% crit = 90% based crit (without stone)

if you add SHoT it'll become approximately 155% crit damage w/ karpilla pass and 125% crit rate

ES can benefit any player w/ high crit, and heals. Maybe Vivid?

9. NEET

NEET

IGN/ID:
    N33T
    Club:
    Valkyrie
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Yes use ShoT on Lev
    And i agree on useing ES on vivid

I would suggest try to aim to get a slient cold u-stone and put it on balth to boost your crit damage, for when the balth active pass is on cool down.

we could think about kicking Ernesto off the team for Karpila, but loseing the ace effect would weaken your team too much. So dont worry about it till you can save up for a Fleix and use his ace. Sadly there isnt alot of good Thunder/WW ace that is also a useful player right now, maybe next patch

10. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Well, we got new player, but she is Light tho :(

11. Phiotan

Phiotan

IGN/ID:
    Sener
    Muuu, I sometimes wish they’d work on balancing more than creating new characters :v

Well I’m back here again, apparently it’s raining UQ stones and I’ve got Teranox’s Blood now. What do I do with this thingy .-.

12. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Well, TB is kinda Striker stone, but since you got SHoT for your Leve, TB is useless atm.

Mostly ppl at the high tier would put TB on Shu or Victoria.(please note that this advice is based on MSPU and lvl 60 6* character

Shu's basic critical rate at 6* MSPU is 41.5% + his passive 25% + TB's stat 30% = 96.5% crit rate

EDIT: whoops, i forget about attacker's bonus that +10% on every attacks so its become 107.5% crit on Shu attacks

and here's Victoria;

basic 43.5% + passive 40% + TB's 30% = 113.5% more

Victoria is surprisingly advantage's Shu's crit rate , so TB is useful, especialy for

Ecstasy
    Increases MAX HP by 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10% and Attack Power by 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10% within the position for 10 min with a critical hit (Accumulated up to 5 times)

Just assuming that you run Victoria with Double ardor Crit damage (44% crit dmg + 28% inflicted dmg ) and Dark slot for your preference ( Dark steal for spirit generator or action speed for counter attack resistance)

Jury has a good crit rate either

her basic 39.1% + ability to hold TB 30% + any other double crit rate stone 32% = 101.1%

>100% crit rate will 85% crit over time, so don't worry that TB won't proc, i guess(?)