1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

Team help :(

Discussion in 'Team Advice' started by kt12311, Apr 30, 2018.

1. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    Hello! I am currently having trouble forming my team. I just don't know where to start...
    Btw I'm lvl/rank 30 and just started playing a couple of days ago :)

Right now I have:
    Striker: Irru (5*) & Noa (5*)
    Assist: Nari (6*), Saramir (6*) & Melisa (5*)
    Attacker: Milena (5*), Ariel (5*) & Khirel (6*)
    Defender: Muspel (5*) & Altair (5*)
    GK: Black Tortoise (5*) & ZUXX Robin (5*)
    Leader: Black Ivy (5*), Virgil (5*), Bell (6*), ZU01 Chrono (5*), Guinevere (5*)

I'm not sure if these players will allow me to build a strong team that can support my legendaries. Are these characters a good start or should I be drawing more? I only have 220 crystals left (I'm trying my best to get more :( ), should I be spending them on matches so I can evolve/train my characters?

I have also been reading lvl 1-30 guides...and I do get the gist of this game (totally), but now I'm stuck on what to do next and what I should be focusing on :D

Thank you so much for helping!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    First off welcome to the game and this forum :) !

So strikers... well Irru and Noa aren't great strikers (Noa is getting a buff soon and that might make her viable for mid to near end game), so you will want to look for a new one asap.

GK, BT can work for a bit, but she isn't in the top 5 GK's.

Those are the areas to focus on initially, Striker then GK. Then you get a CM/CDM, focus on your back line, then front line, and lastly mid line. Khirel can work in CM with his crazy damage and Bell can work in the back as a line breaker. You can piece together a team, but right now there won't be a ton of synergy and it will definitely have people playing out of position.

If I had to make a team with what you have right now, maybe something like:

Irru - Melisa - Nari
    Muspel - Ariel - Khirel
    Altair - Bell - BI (support) - Milena
    BT

Hope that helps.

3. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    Thank you!

Just a few more questions :D
    Since I can't fully commit to this team yet, should I be drawing more characters with crystals, or should I be lvling up and evolving my team?
    Which characters should I be keeping a lookout for (apart from strikers and a better GK)?
    How much is it to scout a legendary?

Thanks once again!!!!

4. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    Eh I would go for drawing more characters. Again you have a few that could make it end game, but most of the ones you have right now won't be in a final team (unless you go for a mono element since that limits your choices drastically).

Which characters to look out for is pretty hard since you don't have a cohesive idea for a team yet. There are many viable characters out there, but some really only shine in specific team set-ups. I guess off the top of my head:

Victoria - ardor midfielder, can hit hard, has damage reduction, provides a very nice reflex buff
    Hyang Ran - light back line, almost every non-mono team I run into in pvp has her in the back due to her HP buff to the line
    Magnus - whirlwind back line, he is a solid character and provides elemental totem buffs to the whole back line (unlike other elemental totems like deathqueen, chitose, nerua, and patricia who only buff those of the same element).

Other characters for slots are hard to recommend until your team starts to take some shape.

Legendary units cost the same as 5* units to scout. However, even though they cost the same, good luck finding a legendary in scout. I have spent tens of millions of gold refreshing scout during the scout events and I think I have seen 2 or 3 total legendary characters. A much better use of your money is leveling up your spirit stones. Those can really help flush a team out and provide your characters with some more depth by either enhancing their strengths or attempting to fill in their weakness(es).

Feel free to ask questions as they come up and I will do my best to answer them.

5. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    Last question for now :) : Are Milky Way and Lynia any help to my team?

Thank you sooo much!

6. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    Lynia is a glass cannon attacker. She can hit really hard, but if she doesn't get the first hit, then she is kind of weak. That being said, I really like her and if you end up going the mono thunder route, she is a good midfield attacker to have. For now if you have enough GP to get another 5* from scout or other means, you could replace Muspel with Lynia in your mid. Again though, a new ST and GK should be top priority as those will probably dictate the type of team to build.

Milky can be useful for some speed builds and if you get Vonchi, she has good synergy with him. I don't have vonchi and I don't really worry about speed builds all that much, so I haven't used Milky before.

7. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    Is Kirna a good replacement for BT, and is Uriel a better striker than Irru?

Thank you :)

8. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    Build Crit Res for Kirna and she can be pretty strong. For example, I just ran up against a fairly mild Kirna in League her base stats were as followed (without active from teammates): HP 4.1k, defense of 854, crit res 120%, and DD 77%. She is still harder to kill for me than most Alexas or Glaydes, because of that active shield she can produce.

Uriel is probably on the same level as Irru. Neither are really meta right now, but they would probably do alright up to Gold league and in mid game PvE content. Uriel's Ace is useful for OHKO team comps though.

9. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    opie

10. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    Now I have the opportunity to scout Sharr, is she any better than Irru? :D

Thanks again, I just can't get a good striker ;(

11. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    Sharr is good in PvE, but still kind of lags behind the other 1.5 bar strikers in PvP. I would consider her an upgrade from Irru though.

12. Sayano

Sayano Retired

IGN/ID:
    Sayano
    Club:
    N/A
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    51 colo, cot 46
    Irru is fun and has his uses, however sharr would be a better unit in terms of versatility . At least from when I played back then zzz

13. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Irru > Sharr (PvP)

Pvp nowdays is kinda hard, but if you gold league or lower, maybe Sharr is Okay, but Iruu is better investment. The only point is, Irru need to crit for a better damage + he's cute

14. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    I rolled some more 5* characters :)

So in addition to my old ones, I now have:
    Striker: Irru (5*), Noa (5*) & Sharr (5*)
    Assist: Nari (6*special training), Saramir (6*special training), Melisa (5*) & Elchitusa (5*)
    Attacker: Milena (5*), Ariel (5*), Khirel (6*) & Z088 Beta (6* special training)
    Defender: Muspel (5*) & Altair (5*)
    GK: Black Tortoise (5*) & ZUXX Robin (5*)
    Leader: Black Ivy (5*), Virgil (5*), Bell (6*), ZU01 Chrono (5*), Guinevere (5*), Chundo (5*), Milky Way (5*), Mariel (5*) & Avnore (5*)
    (New)

I also have the opportunity to scout Shanti...worth it or nah?

Which characters should I invest in? :)

Thank youuuu!

15. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    Shanti is a good striker and would work in most team setups. Not sure if Shanti needs crit, pen, or attack power, but just look at her kit and see what is missing and put stones on her to start addressing those needs. I think Elchitusa has fallen a bit out of favor, but she is still a decent passer for Shanti.

Sharr is getting a buff (or has gotten one in the last few days), but I haven't used her in almost 2 years so I am not sure how viable the upgrade makes her. She could be worth taking a chance on if you already passed on Shanti.

16. AquaXxX

AquaXxX For Kiki's Sake!

IGN/ID:
    IDfrost4
    Club:
    GermaysElite
    Sharr atm, is combination of any 1.5 spirit striker, and Armel. High damage output + hp drain time by time is making her an deathly PvE machine, but maybe only at PvE. Sharr buff is not giving her more pen, but she is superior in terms of damage and capable to equip 2 ardor crit dmg. Adding TB would boost her damage further more.

Pure Shanti, with Green - thunder - light - prism stone is pretty good, she just need more pen and crit damage (notable stone, Glabaris and SoB) , if you use Elchi, her att pow problem is solved. If not, any maxxed assist is okay.

But, of course this is endgame prediction.

Sharr:
    Pros:
    High damage output coupled with damage increase on Gk
    High crit rate with active
    After buff, become much easier to hurt Gk hp at Pvp
    Cons:
    Lack pen: It'll little bit hard to hit a high DR Goalkeeper, which is mainstream at PvP and without it, high damage increase would be wasted.

Shanti:
    Pros:
    Enough pen, Pvp recommeded by most of ppl,
    Pretty high damage with active
    average crit rate
    Cons:
    Low crit damage,
    Not enough attack power(?)

Pvp, everyone would recommend Shanti
    PvE, everybody would recommend Sharr

17. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    Or just get Damien because he is awesome, high attack power and pen means you don't usually care about high CR GKs (looking at all the Kirna users out there).

18. kt12311

kt12311

IGN/ID:
    kt1002
    I'm back :)

I have the opportunity to scout Linmay and Aiolos. Should I scout both?

Also, is it better for players early on in the game to stick to a rainbow team?

Thank you :D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  19. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    If you have a chance to scout a legend, you should always take that opportunity. I have wasted tens of millions of gold refreshing scout during Presty weeks and she still eludes me :'(

Generally, starting off it is much easier to form a decent rainbow team since you can take your good/decent players regardless of element. Mono teams are pretty strong, but you usually need specific characters for positions, and unless you are lucky or spend a lot of DS on buying those needed characters, it isn't worth it to make a mono early in your game. If you try to make a mono right now, you are probably going to have to use sub-par players in that team simply due to the fact that they have a matching element.