1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

The Really Simple Guide to All the Team Formations I can think of

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by Mitsnixe, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Mitsnixe

Mitsnixe

IGN/ID:
    Cerwisc
    Galaxy:
    GG
    Updated 1/11/2015: Discontinued and probably quitting soon, sorry ): I was going to delete this but I typed too much stuff, so...someone else should take my place! Feel free to use any of this stuff, if it's still relevant.

Main reason for quitting, because I am salty and should stop playing mobile games, is that I'm really not excited to see season 3. If season 2 legendaries go to the DS shop, forget Silla-Luka/Renee-William, imagine freaking (Luka/Silla?)-Serestia-Choi-Vonchi with a Duke ace, then Metatron-Beth-(Lynia/Victoria EE?)-Duke and Kevin-Milky/Chitose-Cynthia-Miho(GK). You don't even need a legit GK or something. Please let me cry with my Ravian+Jeunese+Kevin+EBM strategy that in theory I kinda made sure would defeat this at least 50% of the time but post-nerfs won't work against this abomination anymore. *tears of salt and end rant* Quitting while I'm ahead cough cough

tl;dr:
    Do you need help building your team? If so, you've come to the right place. (This is mostly geared to PVP, fyi)
    Please note that you can mix & match a lot of these builds for your own combo. These are just some barebones guidelines for explaining the basics. No hate pls qq​

For people who like to read:
    This is a guide aimed at beginners (but not just for beginners) interested in learning a lot before seriously playing in order to plan ahead for end game metas, and it is also quite literally a guide made by a beginner (sorry.) Everything in this guide should be supported by theory or videos of gameplay, but since unfortunately I’m not a pro, advice from seasoned veterans will be welcomed (I might opt to not include some stuff that is somewhat biased, cough cough Virgil cult. RIP July 2015)​

To appeal to those who are more interested in playing unusual teams or facing a lack of particular units, I’ve also included some less common line formations. To differentiate between how common/weird they are, the most popular lines will be labeled as such, less common ones will have no distinguishing mark, and the more speculative ones will be marked with an asterisk. In my opinion, the last one or two setups of each section, which are pretty rare, are not really worth reading, but I felt like typing a comprehensive wall of text.​

*I’d appreciate comments and suggestions, since this is a WIP after all.

FORWARD

The glass cannon (popular)
    Totem|Assist|Striker​

Potential damage: :):):):):)
    Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :):)
    Survivability: :)
    Hard for enemy to counter?: :):):):)
    Number of shots: :):):):):)

Pros: one to two hit KO on a Jin (sometimes), destroys Kei’s decrease damage stacks and Zibroi/Isillia’s heals, sometimes kills some of the enemy defense too which makes them more cautious about attacking you, makes the game much shorter so you can also build your mid as a glass cannon

Cons: survivability and setting up the KO

Most end game teams use some form of this setup. It enables high crit rate, high crit damage, and high penetration power, all of which are essential to a successful 1-2HKO. However, that also means that your assist and totem get KO’ed a lot, especially if they have mediocre reflex or are debuffed to that. Most strikers can be set up to be pretty good 1HKO types with the right stones and totems/assists to compensate for whatever the striker is lacking in. Since there are lots of great guides out there for 1HKO builds from this forum and the subreddit, I’m not going to steal their thunder.

Some builds:
    (I didn’t include the creators of the formation build examples because that would require too much verification and memory power on my part, but please cred if possible in the comments. Thank you!)

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Renee/[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Shanti/[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Really Annoying Reflex Line (popular)
    Stealer or assist with reflex buff|Reflex buffer/debuffer|Striker
    Note that glass cannon builds also aim for high reflex, but this is different because it goes for even higher reflex to counter reflex/action speed backlines.

Potential damage: :):)
    Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :):):):)
    Survivability: :):):)
    Hard for enemy to counter?: :):):)
    Number of shots: :):)

Pros: semi-tanky front with multiple shots if counterattack procs​

Cons: Bad against healer-type goalkeepers/GK that stack damage decrease, not 1-2HKO, counterattack caps at 60%​

This setup relies on a shoot, then a steal or counterattack, then another shoot, continued until, under ideal circumstances, GK dies. Usually paired with special effect shooters like Ravian (-20% HP of the entire enemy team per shot), Latios (heals 30% for each ally unit in team per shot) but not really due to heal nerf in PVP, action speed strikers like Uriel, speed debuff/damage stackers like Kirin, or sometimes but not really utility strikers like Blade or Bora.

Some builds:

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Shura|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Action speed/utility striker
    In-line action speed generator|Action speed buffer/debuffer|Striker
    Action speed buffer|Action speed debuffer|Striker
    Stealer with superplay|Action speed buffer/debuffer|Striker
    This one’s pretty flexible when it comes to setups. In my opinion, you might want to consider placing the support in the front for this setup to get the most out of it.

Potential damage: :):):)
    Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :):):):):)
    Hard for enemy to counter?: :)

Pros: you can actually shoot at the GK instead of having the ball stolen first, enables YOLO crit mode, multiple attacks assuming you haven’t died yet, possibility of killing defenders and shooting GK alone again assuming you haven’t gotten the d for dead​

Cons: survivability—since the front line is not meant to be impenetrable, the effectiveness of having multiple attacks with meh reflex suffers, sometimes shite damage, another really important thing to note is that lots of people are opting for super action debuff backlines, which completely ruins this setup​

Who doesn’t like having multiple actions in before the opponent? Someone facing an opponent defense with really high reflex and steal, but no one cares about that cough. Basically, in manual, with multiple actions you can do a lot of things: generate spirit, penetrate defenders (not really recommended,) get multiple attempts to steal balls, and set up a pretty good hit. In PVP, you get to steal a lot, stack passives, have the assist successfully pass (sometimes) to the striker and generate enough spirit for the striker to active shoot (sometimes.) Then, if you get the ball back, you can do this all over again and hope that a crit lands.

Some builds:

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]
    Pictures will die here because there's a limit on how many you can use per post or something.

Hildegard/Haru|Luka|Leventor

Kevin/Valkia|Black Ivy|Silla|Ravian

Sue|Milky|Uriel

Metatron|Jeunese|Ravian

Vonchi*
    Speed buffer|Speed buffer|Vonchi​

Potential damage: :):):):)
    Number of shots: :):):)

Pros: No cost, no time active, no need for passers​

Cons: Legendary, buffs entirely dependent on AS so the enemy can screw you over with a lot of speed debuffers​

Not really excited for his EE, mainly because I don't have him. I will admit to also underestimating Vonchi when he first came out. I blame it on the number of fashion faux pas he's made...I mean, who doesn't wear socks when running around in sweaty sneakers? Open shirt, hello? Not the 1970s, please. The artist did a good job, but like...sneakers without socks? Come again?

Builds:
    Vonchi|Kiki|Choi

Vonchi|Milky Way|Sammy/Silla with Chitose Ace

Vonchi|Milky Way|Luka/Elaine

Reduce Health (popular)
    Reduce health totem|Reduce health stealer/totem|Reduce health Striker or regular striker​

Potential damage: :):):):)
    Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :)
    Hard for enemy to counter?: :):):):):)
    Number of shots: :):):):)

Pros: can't be countered​

Cons: doesn't do as much damage as a 1HKO, not extremely effective in PVE against heal-upon-shot GKs, Ravian does shite damage against Keis, dependent on specific units like Jesus​

Welcome to the cancer life #2. Hope you enjoy your stay, 'cause you're not going away. (Unless Jeunese gets nerfed some more, which is not going to happen. Right, BB?) Update: BB is playing its games again--Jeunese got nerfed then buffed.

Some common builds:
    Haru|Jury|Ravian

Jeunese|Jury|Ravian

Orses|Jeunese|Ravian

Jeunese|Jeunese|Jeunese|Jeunese

Midfield Striker*
    Action speed buffer|Assist|Striker|Attacker with crit and reflex buffs​

Hard for enemy to counter?: :):)

Pros: never worry about getting run over by those super action speed debuff backlines again!​

Cons: instead, worry about getting run over by the enemy midfield and not being able to shoot because your striker is almost permanently out of commission, no traditional midfield means no additional line of defense for the defense, needs strong striker​

In order for this to work properly, the striker must be able to penetrate through the midfield or have an attacker penetrate for them, move to the front, and shoot at the GK. A really strong striker is needed for this setup because the GK will most likely have two other units beside them, instead of the usual one, and because the striker won't have the additional pass bonus from their assist when they shoot.

Some common builds:
    Luka/Silla|Bell/Duke|Ravian|Veronica/Elaine

P. Merian/Evylin/Shanti

Striker and substriker*
    Striker|totem/assist|striker (highly recommend forward support if you want to subject yourself to this)
    Striker|unit|unit forward with unit|Striker|unit midfield (recommend mid support)​

Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :):)
    Number of shots: :)

Pros: If one striker dies, you have the other. Sometimes a long range shoot is also good for last minute turnarounds​

Cons: shite damage, weakened lines, lack of buffs makes line vulnerable to being stampeded by enemy defense, PVP AI gets confused​

There’s a reason why most people are against using more than one striker on a team. Strikers are pretty flimsy units since usually their entire skillset is shooting-related.

Some common builds:
    Kiki/Anael|Kirin|Lilith|Ravian I don’t even know just don’t do this

Regular striker setup with extra Ravian in one of the centermid spots

Jean, the lone long shooter. I’ve never used him or seen him in action, so he might be a pair of pants to go with your Shu/shoe, but some pros say he hits really hard. For more info on long range shooting, see this wonderful guide by rengeki7/PaperWind

No striker*
    Attacker/Leader|Totem|Assist​

Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :):):)
    Number of shots: :):):)

Pros: hipster cred, other units sometimes are tankier than strikers, if you do it right, you can penetrate then shoot at lone GK with your pseudo-striker​

Cons: no striker means you lose the naturally high attack power and reflex of strikers (except for William’s shite reflex), AI sometimes is dumb and will penetrate when supposed to shoot​

You might think, how is this possible? I don’t know. It just works (sometimes.)

Common builds:
    Guinevere|Kiki|Yuri|Nari or Guinevere|Kiki|Neraizel|Veronica. For more information, read this guide by MarisaChu

Choi
    As a season two legendary, not enough people have him yet, so I can’t comment on how well he’ll do. Bigball says he’s supposed to be like my grandmother, who is able to do anything, but we’ll see. On an unrelated note, as one of the female players of SS, I have decided that the one merit Choi has is that he is cough kinda good-looking cough for a digital illustration (it’s all because of the dog of course.)

Also, up until level 50 you can use an EE’d, decently swirlied, and at least 2spu Duke, Valk Beth, Bell, or Khriel to penetrate and then shoot in manual mode with ok results while you wait until you get your dream striker. Not really recommended unless you’re one of those types anal about wasting resources.

Tanky*
    Decrease damage totem/healer|Attack power or crit rate debuffer|Striker
    Not recommended. Forward is essentially meant to be penetrated through because all buffs go toward shooting. Though if you do plan on doing this, why not throw in a forward support for the heck of it?

Potential damage: :):)
    Ability to counter pre-emptive steals: :):):)
    Number of shots: :)

Pros: tanky, may kill defense when they try to penetrate, multiple shots (sometimes), hard to kill striker which means that the right unit will be shooting​

Cons: shite damage, still can be killed with the enemy defense’s skills, can be counterattacked​

Since the defense usually doesn’t buff penetration power, you can potentially tank a hit or two and get off multiple shots. Unless you have some really good units, though, you can’t really make a tanky forward and even then you lose some really good units to the front line. Not really worth it.

Some formations:
    Leventor|Victoria|Kevin

Kiki/Anael|Kevin|Victoria/Anael|William but don’t ever expect to crit.

Metatron|Lilith|Latios (though this might make PVE matches end in a draw)

Evilyn|Kevin|William

Old Updates:
    Updated 8/12/2015--Thanks for the feedback! Improved readability, pictures, and new content. For SS Wikia icon links, see this repository. If there was already another database, gg

Updated 11/14/2015: Added new players, fixed some formatting/grammar. Also, some people may have noticed that I go away for long hiatuses interrupted with updates to this thread...teehee

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. Mitsnixe

Mitsnixe

IGN/ID:
    Cerwisc
    Galaxy:
    GG
    MIDFIELD
    Purpose of the midfield is to be a beych for the enemy to get through and smooth sailing going the other way around. Sometimes you use this to generate spirit for your strikers/GK or to destroy spirit for the enemy GK’s active block or striker’s active shoot.

Classical offensive and reflex mid aka the semi glass cannon (popular)
    Tanky attacker that does a boatload of damage|buffer/debuffer or CA resist ballholder with decrease damage|another buffer/spirit/action bar manipulator

Ease of moving from midfield to forward: :):):):)

Pros: covers most weaknesses, namely being counterattacked, not being able to 1HKO other side, somewhat survivable

Cons: because this mid setup is so common, the mid becomes a bloody battlefield, and the game basically depends on luck. However, in manual PVP, you can kinda control who holds the ball at what time, which basically means you win

I think this is the mid that usually everyone uses. You basically pick one dedicated attacker and then throw as many buffers/debuffers/special effects people in your mid until all your totems can work as attackers. It’s a tried and true build. Also, as long as you don’t get 1-2HKO’ed by strikers, there’s no harm in adding the support to the midfield since it indirectly benefits the defense.

Some setups: the ones in parentheses are the more suboptimal units that fit
    Duke/Mikael (Cassiel/Muspel)|Valk Beth/Sammy/Black Ivy|Anael/White Guardenia/Leah/Hercules

Vermillion Bird/Khriel/Vivid Fear/Aslan|Swimsuit Qiyou/Linmay/Black Tortoise|Princess Merian/Elizabeth/Enthia

Dale|Metatron/Lilith (Lucifer)|Malcolm/Jheet

Hildegard|Eden/Jury/Haru/Veronica|Cynthia/Bell/Lukia (Iggy)

Lucius/Tyler/Roina (William)|Sage/Elise/Sue|Victoria/Yuri

Leah|Virgil|Victoria/Yuri|Hercules for funsies

Jury, the girl every girl wants to be (dat metabolism)
    Attacker with reflex debuff or buff|Jury|Attacker with decrease damage or attack power debuff or in-line healing

Ease of moving from midfield to forward: :):) but better for PVE

Pros: -15% health, which is additive but won’t kill enemy mid, on each enemy unit in the midfield when attacked, high reflex, high damage inflicted when attacked

Cons: bad penetrator

Jury is weird to the point that she has to have her own section. Her skill is quite essential in PVE because it reduces 15% health along the line every time she’s attacked, so you build her in a way that allows her to take a few hits before dying (and then reviving asap) and to counterattack sometimes.

Some builds:
    Eden|Jury|Mikael/Linmay

Eden/Mikael|Jury|Hildegard trades reflex for better penetration

Lucian|Victoria/Mikael|Linmay/Sammy|Jury* for funky spirit generator/heal Jury mid

Action speed and decrease damage cheesing*
    Quick start passive|action bar generator/another utility attacker with heal|action speed buffer/debuffer with decrease damage

Ease of moving from midfield to forward: :):):)
    Hard for enemy to counter?: :):)

Pros: multiple attacks, good for stacking passives. With a spirit destroyer (Malcolm, Lucius) multiple attacks are pretty good, and they both have superplay to get a 60% chance (75% for Lucius EE) at another turn with 50% decrease damage (75% for Lucius EE)

Cons: nerfed with action bar recovery limit, pretty meh in PVP because soccer spirits AI doesn’t include planning ahead, midfield may suicide, utility attackers (like everyone else when you reach end game) get mowed down when not holding the ball however they also have low reflex and inflict little damage when being mowed down

Not much to say about this other than that it can become pretty godly in manual PVE. Used to be that with Shu and Metatron’s Will you could stack infinite attacks, but using my awfully unreliable powers of foresight, I predict that after the nerf you’d be down to 3-6 attacks, depending on the speed difference between your units and the enemy’s. Post-nerf update: I actually have no clue, did someone test this out?

Some setups:
    Guinevere|Metatron|Eden

Lucifer|Metatron|Chitose

Hildegarde|Eden|Guinevere

Shu|Sammy|Kevin

Vermillion Bird|Sammy|Chitose

Silla|Valk Beth|Kevin/Sammy

Miho|Verister|Silla|Shu

Offensive action speed*
    Attacker|Attacker with AS buff/debuff|Attacker with AS buff/debuff

Ease of moving from midfield to forward: :):):):)

Pros: great at moving the ball from defense to forward and is able to get multiple steal attempts in while you’re still alive and/or haven’t been counterattacked yet in order to hammer through enemy midfield

Cons: suicide and reflex might become an issue, hard to obtain good units for this type of playstyle

The nice thing about this build is that, if you start with the ball, you get the first shot and, when the ball comes back down, your mid has the potential to either cripple the enemy midfield or ram-ram-ram through until you get another shot. After that usually the units of both sides are half dead and then the ball’s fair game unless your reflex sucks...balls. cough

Some builds:
    Duke|Metatron|Bell/Valk Beth also known as CitiBank|AmExpress|VISA or I’m just too lucky for you insignificant vermin so lament over your pathetic midfields

For the poor man and PVE, Princess Merian|Avnore/Mira/S. Qiyou|Valkia|Elizabeth* for double pass stacks first and then strong team-wide attacks until P. Merian gets KO’ed or the 15 minutes are up. Too difficult to set up though and probably doesn't even work right \:

Defensive action speed*
    Stealer with decrease damage that hits really hard|Forward passer with speed buff/debuff|quick start passive|Stealer with action speed buff/debuff

Ease of moving from midfield to forward: :):)

Pros: again, you get to either move before your enemy mid or interrupt it. This setup is built to be a thorny patch for most enemy mids and those rare and foolish enemy forwards that try to get through your mid to your defense

Cons: SS’s reflex meta is a luck based game and not even decreased damage will save you from enemy mids, especially if they have penetration buffs. Also, hard to penetrate with

Since most attackers are meant to dish out a lot more damage with the ball than they can take without (aka higher dribble than steal), a steal active with 70% decrease damage, which is actually relatively common, can compensate for whatever damage you take and nullify one of their strongest assets. Unfortunately, actives have cooldown times and require spirit, so this method will fail if your mid is lacking either. Still sounds pretty good in theory, though.

Some builds:
    Black Ivy|Sammy|Kevin|Kiki

Elaine|Kiki|S.Qiyou/Linmay|Hildegard maybe but don't bet on it. Basically block with Elaine and steal with someone else.

Completely defensive defense that’s very defensive*
    Crit resist buffer|hp buffer|counterattack buffer|decrease damage goalie

Ease of moving from midfield to forward: :)

Pros: really hard to get through, basically a defense before the defense

Cons: does nothing else, removes good units from your actual defense

Honestly, this is just pure speculation at this point. By all means, go to the next section. Try this for the lols and for the hipster and maybe for the soccer spirits PVP fame (or notoriety.) Anyways, just don’t base your actual end game mid on this (though most of your end game defense units will be here, so...)

Build:
    Mikael|Nerua|Yuri/Kiki|Kei/Jin/Zibroi

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Douko likes this.
  3. Mitsnixe

Mitsnixe

IGN/ID:
    Cerwisc
    Galaxy:
    GG
    DEFENSE
    On top of making sure that you make the enemy GK go bye-bye you also have to take care that your own GK tanks shots. The most important stats here are crit resist/crit deduction (I think this thread confirmed that it was the same thing,) decrease damage, and HP.

The rainbow hp buff backline that almost everyone used to use for PVP
    Stealer with decrease damage and hp buff|Hp buffer or healer|Penetrator with hp buff|Crit resist buff, decrease damage buff with hp buff

Ability to move the ball forward: :):):)
    Ability to not be counterattacked: :):)
    Ability for goalie to not be 1HKO'd: :):):):) comparatively
    Survivability for entire line: :):):):)

Pros: includes an ample variety of debuffers and buffers as well as lots of HP buffs. Also, having a rainbow defense open up the possibility of the very smart and useful douchebag method (aka, reorder your units so that they have an elemental advantage over whatever unit is in front of them)

Cons: rainbow setups means that either your or your friend ace might have to be Silla, so she must be added to your team, rainbow setups also lose the hybrid/mono ATK/HP buff

I'm starting to get the impression that people are changing from the old backline to something new...Almost everyone used to use it and a lot of people still do so it must have some merit. But first, let's commemorate the Nerua nerf 11/2015

Some common builds:
    Kiki/Anael|Nerua|Mikael|Yuri with GK was what it used to be

Kiki/Anael|Avnore/Miho/Virgil/Black Ivy|Yuri/Silk/Haru/Magnus/Raklet|Mikael works with anything as GK
    This is only super long because I'm trying to figure out what the new best backline is supposed to be.

Kiki|Avnore/Mira/Miho|Magnus|Mikael with Jin as GK

On-color defense
    As many on-color buffers as you can cram into the defense with at least one penetrator|GK

Ability to move the ball forward: depends
    Ability to not be counterattacked: depends
    Ability for goalie to not be 1HKO'd: depends
    Survivability for entire line: depends​

Pros: not rainbow

Cons: missing some amazing units

To go rainbow or not to go rainbow. Take into consideration ace buffs, elemental buffs in passives, whether the team is PVE or PVP focused, and how much you value your mono or hybrid purity.

Some common builds:
    Metatron|Zibroi/Ronald|Black Alice/Lilith/Lucifer|Malcolm with Zibroi/Ronald as GK

Mikael|Leah|Black Ivy|Chitose/Anael with Kei as GK

Silk|Magnus/Miho|Saramir/Aslan|Kiki with Black Tortoise as GK, replace Saramir with P. Merian for Jin as GK

Haru|Nerua|Raklet|Nikita/Bell with Nute as GK

Kiki|Yuri|Mira/Miho|Saramir/Lia/Linmay/Kevin with Lucian as GK

Angela|Tyler|Lia|Erica/Shuoff-color with Lucian as GK

The day when ardor actually gets a backline...hahaha it'll never come.

Get the ball out of the defense ASAP with high recovery
    Penetrator/Stealer|Long passer/forward passer with heal/recovery buff|Spirit regenerator|another longer passer/forward passer with recovery buff

Ability to move the ball forward: :):):)
    Ability for goalie to not be 1HKO'd: :):)
    Survivability for entire line: :):):)

Pros: gets the ball quickly to your front for another shot if your front is fast, gives your mid possession of the ball to KO some of the enemy mid (sometimes)

Cons: spirit regeneration, cooldown times means you need a really strong midfield and forward to compensate, can’t KO striker/passer to prevent another strong attack coming immediately after, long pass and forward pass screws with the AI

Popular in PVE, this setup is specialized to combat enemy fronts that are too strong and/or bothersome to deal with. This formation is built to take one or two hits and then to generate enough spirit to pass the ball up. Usually used in conjunction with a natural zombie GK but plenty of recovery buffs will make any GK suitable.

Some builds:
    Saramir|Valkia|Avnore/Mira|Linmay with Silk/Jin/Zibroi as GK

Nikita|Sammy|Cynthia|Shu

Super heal zombie line
    In-line healer|another in-line healer|decrease damage totem|hp buffer, crit resist buffer, or another healer with healer-type GK

Ability to move the ball forward: :):):):) for PVE only
    Ability for goalie to not be 1HKO'd: :):):)
    Survivability for entire line: :):):):) for PVE only​

Pros: Godly in PVE. Ravian? What Ravian, mwahaha. Being attacked? Mwahahaha, I get healed more. Can’t KO the enemy defense? Mwahaha, you can’t KO my GK either but I still lose.

Cons: hard to get out of the backline, so a good penetrator with decrease action speed skills is important

Godly in PVE, and only godly in PVE. Nothing more to say.

Some builds:
    Metatron|Ronald|Lilith/Niarose/Sammy|Malcolm with Zibroi GK

Metatron|Lilith/Shu|Lia|Zibroi/Vivid Fear with Lucian as GK

Mariel|Mira/Avnore|Linmay|Sammy with Raklet/Isillia GK

Miho|Verister|Sammy|Shu/Vivid Fear with GK

Disabling defense
    Max HP debuffer|speed buffer/debuffer|percent damage attacker|another speed buffer/debuffer
    Attack power debuffer|Crit rate debuffer|reflex debuffer|action speed debuffer/buffer
    This setup is also pretty flexible.

Ability to move the ball forward: :):)
    Ability to not be counterattacked: :):):):)
    Ability for goalie to not be 1HKO'd: :):):):)
    Survivability for entire line: :):):)
    Pros: nullify whatever buffs the striker has with your massive debuffs to gain control of the ball with little damage taken on your part or decrease the massive HP buffs in the colosseum

Cons: seems that really good debuffers are limited to dark types, hard to obtain good units, also defense can’t take more than two hits, too many leaders leads to AI derp

The first formation is usually used only in PVE and maybe boss matches with slow forwards, but it’s a staple for some colosseum teams. The second is exceedingly hard to obtain and difficult to set up right, unless you already have Alice.

Some of the builds:
    Mariel|Sammy|Valkia|Kevin with GK for coliseum

Alice|Avnore|Kevin/Lia|Metatron with Ronald as GK

Silk|Alice|Black Ivy|Kiki with Kei as GK

Verister|Miho|Silk|Avnore/Edward with Jin as GK for coliseum

Some other tips:

The useless card guide

Since so many people are ranking the good 5*, I decided to make a short list of all the 5* that you should use for ST fodder or replace immediately with another 5*. Most 5* cards are useful in some way, no matter how niche the role, but some, like these, are hands down just plain old useless. This might incite some rage, so prepare yourself.

Robin (useless), Noa/Sam (blasphemy I know, but please don’t superb them), Celus (frustrating and evil but some people use it for PVE), and Ustiel (useless)

That was pretty short! But don’t worry, there are plenty of mediocre cards out there to let you down when you don’t want it most.

Hopefully this guide has helped put the different stats (namely, action speed, attack, reflex, hp, special passives, crit) into perspective with its examples. Again, nothing in this guide is set in stone, so have fun theorycrafting and creating your own favorite team. Thanks for reading and draw a legendary.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    pizzae, Nybel and Douko like this.
  4. archvampire

archvampire

IGN/ID:
    Lucidplz
    Galaxy:
    Gold
    Colosseum:
    I noticed jeunese is in none of your teams. Why is that? I spent 1600 to scout him :(!
    I currently run lucid/ jeunese/ silla up top but get rekt by lots of things sadly lol..

5. Mitsnixe

Mitsnixe

IGN/ID:
    Cerwisc
    Galaxy:
    GG
    Haha don't worry, I also spent 1600gp on him in scouts. I thought I had put up a Ravian/Jeunese/Victoria/Avnore combo up there but I guess I had taken it out. o_O Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to add him back in when I go back and re-edit. Though mildly flimsy, -25% hp and -action bar on a target is really useful so your gp was well spent :) (getting those 8 stacks, on the other hand...)

6. <Fourth-Quattro>

<Fourth-Quattro> Challenged in many areas

Club:
    Chimeras
    Galaxy:
    Unleagued
    Colosseum:
    Nice/flower/

Mitsnixe likes this.
  7. Siegraum

Siegraum (丶ಠ_ಠ)丶┬─┬ノʕ•ᴥ•ノʔ

IGN/ID:
    SiegRaum
    Club:
    World Club
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    40+
    Hmm... Weird....some are good, while some are formation that i dont really see(uncommon),...

Like for example of Meta-Seres-Rav build.... I dont know if it might work in-game, unless you have them...
    And many formation that other would think of, like using Lucifer in mid for cheesing...actionbar.

Nevertheless, an ok guide.

Mitsnixe likes this.
  8. Douko

Douko

IGN/ID:
    Douko
    Galaxy:
    Gold
    Colosseum:
    Nice guide :)

Mitsnixe likes this.
  9. Dysoth

Dysoth Guest

I see so few players using non-standard stuff.

Like I've been running frontline Metatron since I got her.
    Also using Alkyde midline.

Pretty interesting read though, thanks for the effort :D

Mitsnixe likes this.
  10. pizzae

pizzae

IGN/ID:
    TacticalJ
    Club:
    Dominance
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    Great guide, some parts were funny too

I also hate the Duke - Metatron - Beth lineup too

Mitsnixe likes this.
  11. Mitsnixe

Mitsnixe

IGN/ID:
    Cerwisc
    Galaxy:
    GG
    Thanks for the input guys, will update soon now that the big patch is over. Lots of info /@_@/

12. benxMD

benxMD

IGN/ID:
    benxMD
    Very nice guide..very helpful\yess

Mitsnixe likes this.
  13. Kaian

Kaian Tàn Nguyệt

IGN/ID:
    Kaian
    Galaxy:
    Super Bronze
    Colosseum:
    Sounds good. However I'd like to suggest that for reflex front line, some kind of healer like Sammy would be better than Lilith in PvP. I tried Lucid - Lilith - Kiki when Lucid was infinite action (I had MW). The result wasn't very good. In PvP Lilith's AoS is simply nonexistent.

For the defense: "get the ball out" is what I'm doing with my backline: Yuri - Cynthia - Nerua - Kiki (Isillia GK).
    The trick is to keep the ball on Isillia at all time. Use Isillia to pen, it's a good thing. In PvP of course this is bad, but in PvE it works wonder with Cynthia because they get slower. Before the last hit, remember to have Cynthia proc her active. This is why Cynthia should be in the middle so she won't get shot to dead. After that, your whole team is faster, stronger, and easier to win. The process can possible stack your spirit very well too as you'll pass around to Isillia for about 10-15 minutes before she kills the enemy's frontline.

Mitsnixe likes this.
  14. Kirin

Kirin

IGN/ID:
    axeangel
    lnom impressive, time to take advice from this. Thanks

15. ShinHouin

ShinHouin I hate PDK Dragon with passion!

Galaxy:
    Bronze
    Colosseum:
    I've found something interesting: Magnus - Metatron - Ronald - Avnore - Kiki ; Cythia on mid and Ravian Ace.

"Thou shalt not shoot" formationlhammer

I'm glad no one have Alice :confused:

16. pizzae

pizzae

IGN/ID:
    TacticalJ
    Club:
    Dominance
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    It would be improved with:

Lia - Avnore - Ronald - Alice - Hildegaard

Cynthia somewhere else

You'r opponent wouldn't move at all, and even if they did, Hildegaard would put a stop to what little action bar they have

17. Kirin

Kirin

IGN/ID:
    axeangel
    but nobody has alice

18. Mitsnixe

Mitsnixe

IGN/ID:
    Cerwisc
    Galaxy:
    GG
    Glad I could help :)
    Updated 11/14, hope I didn't forget anything.

19. Telarika

Telarika Isillia's loyal servant

IGN/ID:
    Telarika
    Club:
    SSFC
    Galaxy:
    Gold
    Colosseum:
    I've seen a few Alice players out there.....they exist, I assure you.

20. Karmistral

Karmistral Resident Artist, Shipper, Weirdo

IGN/ID:
    Kenta
    Club:
    Talentless
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    4x
    You perhaps haven't met Hyaciao's Choi striker then. The scary thing is that it's Luka - Mariel - Valkia- Choi. No striker? No problem. You'll die if you're not ready.