1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

These Mileage and GP pop-up ads are annoying as hell!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shipwrecksos, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Please understand, I don't mind ads in general, as long as they're tasteful and reasonable (especially in a free game; they've gotta make their money somewhere). Heck, I can live with those banner ads every single time I load the game. I can deal with big flashy promotional icons on each corner of the main menu. I can deal with events pages cluttered with promotional notices.

But randomly, ANNOYINGLY interrupting my premium ticket draws and scout re-rolls with these "in-your-face" ads where you MUST click "YES" every time to make it go away, are where I draw the line. To add insult to injury, the game gives us this zOMG, it ends in ONE HOUR message (nevermind the fact that the same damn offer is going keep coming back again and again several times a day; completely negating the whole "pseudo-urgency" shtick).

Either 1) BB is reaching levels of desperation when it comes to monetizing, which is a bad sign, or 2) BB is trying to troll users in to spending money with this fake urgency (they must think we're all dumbasses).

Am I the only one annoyed by these new ad gimmicks in game???

yama and Élanvital like this.
  2. Kazu19

Kazu19

Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    D60*I78*T50
    post it on official forum

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  3. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Good call. I'll try to get it posted there as well.

4. Okayshows

Okayshows Tanya has best ass.

IGN/ID:
    Tanya obviously
    Club:
    Mascots of Tanya
    Galaxy:
    Tanya's champions
    Colosseum:
    Cod 100 / CoT 90 / Tanya 69
    Indeed. One poin tho, everyone says "They need money, bad sign" etc which is false. The 3rd anniversy gave them a HUGE amount of money. They went from 500~ rank to rank 100 in money earning in android.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  5. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

That's why I put the "#2" possiblity. These aggressive ad tactics are sometimes used as a last-ditch effort by struggling companies (but since BB is CLEARLY not a struggling company right now, we all know that's not the reason) so that only leaves the other option...

...BB thinks you're a dumbass and is trying to troll you with fake urgency! Not cool, BB.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  6. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    I think this is just their way of monetizing features that they think people want and that will give them another source of income. It could also be a recency tactic where the packages are displayed when you are in the activity that could benefit from those resources.

Game companies with pay mechanics are going to be getting even more sophisticated with insights gleaned from machine learning. I just see the above as another step by them determining what makes the most money. If these package deals aren't getting clicked on, they might remove them or rework how and when they are displayed. All of the other packages you can buy have time limits, even the weekly and bonus edition packs that we know come back every cycle, so it isn't like they haven't used a timer before.

In the end it doesn't bother me too much, I just click yes and get back to playing. I am rarely on the home page to see the flashing icon of the deal anyway :p.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  7. Okayshows

Okayshows Tanya has best ass.

IGN/ID:
    Tanya obviously
    Club:
    Mascots of Tanya
    Galaxy:
    Tanya's champions
    Colosseum:
    Cod 100 / CoT 90 / Tanya 69
    Next major patch : as soon as you lose a pop up appears saying " Wanna be stronger ? Wanna be better ? Buy xxxx for xxx$"

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  8. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    ...That would be evil and tempting for new players :p

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  9. Élanvital

Élanvital ~DrunkBishop~

IGN/ID:
    Elanvital
    Club:
    Egoist
    Galaxy:
    Champions
    Colosseum:
    Now we know why there are so many ad threads on this site. They're tryina emulate BB's marketing xD

pudgy penguin and Shipwrecksos like this.
  10. Jacob

Jacob

Problem is some of these ads break the game connection when the connection is unstable but I am able to play other games with no issue.

11. pudgy penguin

pudgy penguin

IGN/ID:
    pudgypenguin
    I haven't seen the gp one all week. I am guessing another requirement to see the ad is to not have enough gp to purchase the character in question.