1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!

To using emulators

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by FatalCookies, Jan 24, 2015.

1. FatalCookies

FatalCookies Cookie Master

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    /hello/
    It's come to my attention that many players are having trouble playing SS on Bluestacks due to recent updates; not to mention Bluestacks' horrible performances that some users, like myself, have experienced.
    If you even managed to get it to work. .-.

To those wanting to play SS without the need of an Android or iOS devices, I propose a better, faster Android emulator named Genymotion.
    Official site: https://www.genymotion.com/

The emulator may be harder to use than Bluestacks, but with correct instructions it should be of no problem at all. I will leave the instructions that I followed to get my Genymotion to work.*

1. Follow the guide here to step 7, ignore going to the Google Play store on step 8.
    For the Virtual Machine that I use:
    Samsung Galaxy Note - 4.1.1 - API 16 - 800x1280

2. Now you should have the VM rebooted with the two files (arms and gapps) flashed into the VM.
    Download the APK file here:

http://onlineapk.com/download-soccer-spirits-apk/

3. Drag the APK file into the VM on step 2, just as you would with the two previous files (arms and gapps).

4. Congrats, your SS should be up and running now. /best/

If you encounter any problems, post in thread and I'll try my best to help.
    Additional help link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2528952
    *I will hold no responsibility to any problem that may arise from following these instructions, follow at your own risk and may the great Sage be with you.

anavn likes this.
  2. evil_genius

evil_genius Seeking Minions

IGN/ID:
    EvlGenius
    Club:
    Invisible
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    I made a new device using Samsung Galaxy Note - 4.1.1 - API 16 - 800x1280 and still no luck.
    When I press Soccer Spirits, it opens for 1 second then goes back to the virtual desktop.
    It's the same problem I had with my other device running Custom Tablet - 4.3

But since you're running the winter update on Genymotion I'll keep trying ^^

3. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    Did you follow you steps properly? If the game opens then it should stay open, unless there's issues with your pc that is interfering with Genymotion...

4. evil_genius

IGN/ID:
    EvlGenius
    Club:
    Invisible
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Yes, every step. I've been using both Geny and Bluestacks for a while, Geny never ran SS for me even before the update, but Bluestacks ran it just fine till the winter patch.

5. Uranursm

Uranursm Ura

IGN/ID:
    Uranursm
    Colosseum:
    Which version of bluestacks are you using? Bluestacks is just nope for me after update...

6. evil_genius

IGN/ID:
    EvlGenius
    Club:
    Invisible
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Yea, it hasn't worked for me since the update either. I'll keep trying with Geny till it works or I give up lol.

So far all I get is this...
    Clipboard01.jpg

7. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    There's not much info I can work on, maybe try downloading Genymotion again :s

8. evil_genius

IGN/ID:
    EvlGenius
    Club:
    Invisible
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    Well I tried it with the Geny version I had before, then I reinstalled it, then I reinstalled it again and reinstalled vbox, I don't know what else to do try now.. Sorry for the trouble, might just not work for me :/

system.jpg
    geny.jpg
    programs.jpg

9. Marvin

Marvin Legend-less Forever

IGN/ID:
    Coruda
    Galaxy:
    Forever Bronze
    Colosseum:
    If you really can't use Genymotion, I actually recommend using Andy : www.andyroid.net/
    Works like a charm like me. Just download it, follow the setup and upgrade your virtual box thingy, and then use it like an other emulator. I've used both Bluestacks and Genymotion before and I have to say Andy is somehow a little more superior.

10. evil_genius

IGN/ID:
    EvlGenius
    Club:
    Invisible
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    It must just be me, cause Andy isn't working either, only a blank screen.. But really thanks everyone for your help ^^

I might do a fresh windows install and try again eventually, but not today, lol.

andy.jpg

11. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    That is unfortunate, you seemed to have spent a lot of time getting Genymotion to work as well >w<
    There's not much troubleshooting I can do as there's no specific error that I can look up for :/
    It may be a problem with AMD being incompatible with Genymotion applications, info found here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefronti...ide_using_genymotion_the_correct_way_without/

12. Jiggles

Jiggles Puffyminator ಠ_ಠ

IGN/ID:
    <big secret>
    Club:
    Going solo
    Galaxy:
    Forever Plat
    Colosseum:
    30~ish
    *moved to a different section*
    all these programs are considered third party, which means they're illegal.
    its good to remind to people to use these at their own risk since if the company finds out they will be banned.

having said that, it was removed from the guides and tips section to not make members consider using it.
    I understand some devices run the game slowly and a computer program to play it on is very handy but it still remains illegal according to the ToS.

13. vespy

vespy Fuzzy Hair Ties!

IGN/ID:
    Seralene
    Galaxy:
    D=
    Colosseum:
    Um...I can get the application to run, but dragging and dropping the files onto it isn't working.

14. FatalCookies

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    1. Open Oracle VM VirtualBox
    2. Click on your VM and click settings.
    3. Go to the advanced tab under General.
    4. Select 'Bidirectional' in Drag 'n' Drop box.

Done

15. ricardo241

ricardo241

Colosseum:
    Downloaded it but I don't see any google play -.-
    and when I tried on browser it's just webpage not available

[UPDATE] I tried using the APK on ur post but it's just like w/ evil_genius :c
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  16. AkiraRize

AkiraRize Praying for Jiho

IGN/ID:
    AkiraRize
    Club:
    DokiDokiSpirit
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    CoD 34 / CoT 35
    Today, while I am using my cousin's computer, I suddenly saw that he had Genymotion installed on his comp. So in an instance, I tried finding all sort of guide including your methods (FatalCookies) and get the same results as ricardo241 and evil_genius.

But then I did some research and using this link :
    http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefronti...ide_using_genymotion_the_correct_way_without/

1. Follow the first part (step 2 to 8) if you had genymotion already.

2. After you were done, time for the second part which you already drag the translation file and restarted the genymotion. Follow step 1 to 7 and then go to PlayStore and download SoccerSpirits like you usually would do.

3. Tada! /cute/ now you are able to play soccer spirits with geny! ( I doesn't know whether It is safe with this way or not. So, if you guys found some problem here. Please do tell me /cry/ .... )

17. Silenzio

Silenzio

IGN/ID:
    Silenzio
    Club:
    LastHorizon
    Galaxy:
    Champions league
    Colosseum:
    43 cleared
    Droid4x is the best I tried, you simply install it then open playstore install SS and play :D Never experienced any lag so I advice you to use it

ILikeGirl likes this.
  18. ILikeGirl

ILikeGirl

IGN/ID:
    ILikeGirl
    Galaxy:
    Silver
    Colosseum:
    you are awesome
    droid4x is SO GOOD. faster than my phone, took 5 mins to install it and soccer spirits
    no lag no problems

Silenzio likes this.
  19. Modern Knight

Modern Knight

IGN/ID:
    Rufuss
    Galaxy:
    Bronze
    Colosseum:
  20. Greylin

Greylin

IGN/ID:
    Greylin
    Galaxy:
    Champions League
    Colosseum:
    90% of the time the issue is with flashing gapps and ARM translation files. You need to drag and drop them one at a time onto the running VM and it will take you through a few steps. You have to reboot after flashing both files and it will update the Android system and add the Google apps. Once that's done you should be able to download directly from the play store and run the application.

I have successfully used the Samsung GS3 and the Nexus 10. I recommend the N10 if you have enough system memory because the base configuration is perfect, and you don't have to do any additional tinkering. Don't worry about the native resolution since you're not actually dev testing. The VM will scale to the window size with little to no performance hit. If you have enough RAM you can potentially run multiple VMs. With a Core i5 and 12 GB RAM I've run 4 Nexus 10 clones without any issues.

One brief note if you do want to clone your box once it's setup. You should do this before signing in with a Google account. It's really easy to add more Google accounts, but it's hard to remove the primary account. You can't clone from inside the Genymotion GUI (unless you pay for professional -effff that noise!), but it's very easy from VirtualBox. Stop your running VMs and open Oracle VirtualBox Manager. Right click the VM you want and click clone as below:

[​IMG]

Choose a new name for the new device and when you see the option to reinitialize network something or other, make sure that is checked. Once the clone is made you will see it and be able to start if from inside Genymotion again. Also note, hard drive space on these things are allocated when you created the VM, so don't get ahead of yourself. Always check to make sure your system has the memory and disk space before trying to run/create more VMs. Sorry if I TL:DR'd some of the stuff up top, hope this helps, and I'll try to answer other questions if I see more come up. Good luck and happy emulating!