1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

What is the purpose of CAR and Reflex? which is better to have?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Questions' started by VentusXP, Jan 20, 2016.

1. VentusXP

VentusXP Returning Legend

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    i get how important reflexes are, but they don't seem to help me. my sammy has 2064 reflex during a match, but loses the ball no matter what. i have 85% CAR across the board backline, but is that good or a waste of time? which out of reflex and counterattack resistance is better? what purpose does CAR serve?

2. Tardy

Tardy .........

IGN/ID:
    Tardy
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    20 always
    dont worry... you just got RNG'd... and its a pretty normal thing...

3. hakuzen

hakuzen

IGN/ID:
    Hakuzen
    Club:
    MarbleBlue
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 41, CoT 35
    100% CAR = your unit will never get Counter Attacked.
    Any CAR less than 100% might as well be 0%. Don't bother.
    For your penetrator, you would want a unit who can reach 100% CAR or has a high reflex stat, so they won't get CA'ed.

What do you mean your Sammy "loses the ball no matter what", like in what scenario?
    Do you understand what a counter attack is?

4. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Well, she was attacked by someone's Beth, who only had about 1100-1400 reflex, less HP and slightly more attack power. can't remember the rest, sorry. and somehow Sammy died, lost the ball and Beth proceeded to the front. i thought that if you had more reflex, you would win? neither card had any CAR so...

5. Tardy

Tardy .........

IGN/ID:
    Tardy
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    20 always
    she is killed by penetration...

it still might be 60% chance... but you can't ignore the remaining 40%, also CA is not that important if you're the one getting rekt'd by penetration

it feels like what i've said is inappropriate and should be censored

swordstriker21 likes this.
  6. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    so, if that's the case, should i even focus on CAR at all?

7. hakuzen

hakuzen

IGN/ID:
    Hakuzen
    Club:
    MarbleBlue
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 41, CoT 35
    When sammy holds the ball and she gets attacked by someone, but your sammy has higher reflex than the one stealing, your sammy will never get CA'ed. If she dies just because beth attacked her, that means your sammy died from stealing and reflex has nothing to do with it.

A little tip, sammy has absolute area "decreases the inflicted damage by 50% when you have the ball" which should make her really tanky when she actually holds the ball.

Reflex only affects counter attack, and nothing more.

8. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    if that is the case, then i may not bother with reflex if you can win with raw power... 2k reflexes mean nothing if your enemy has more power than you do HP...

9. Tardy

Tardy .........

IGN/ID:
    Tardy
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    20 always
    like hakuzen said... only focus on CAR for your attacker units since most of the attackers doesn't have high enough reflex to at least out perform RNG...

also given a different situation:
    my Duke has 1.5k hp and 2k reflex , penetrated by a guinevere with 1.2k reflex... got CA'd and damage him for 1.2k hp by duke,
    guinevere attack again to steal the ball.... guinevere died...
    though guinevere has 40% CAR the possibility is still pure RNG...

10. hakuzen

hakuzen

IGN/ID:
    Hakuzen
    Club:
    MarbleBlue
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 41, CoT 35
    Well early on it is certainly easier to win from just overpowering your opponents. But later on when everyone has 1k hp, you will start to see things like your attacker getting CA'ed on every game, or your mid never getting through the enemy's mid simply because they have more reflex, or just your tanky sammy CM gets CA'ed.

11. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    i understand. so in that case, yuri/nerua may be near useless backline. so i was thinking about using kiki/magnue again. maybe mikael?

12. Tardy

Tardy .........

IGN/ID:
    Tardy
    Galaxy:
    Milky Way
    Colosseum:
    20 always
    nope... like i said... it still pure rng.. besides having a nerua + yuri + anael means you only need 15% from a dark speed stone.. any attacker would never get CA'd

thought having 85% chance... in my experience... i rarely get CA'd by anyone... but if i get CA'd that would be when RNG is messing with me.... 100 reflex difference + 80% CAR still CA'd bt a ravian lol

13. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    you see, i wish it could work that easy lol, that way i could just have hilde or someone hold the ball, and everyone tries to steal of her and only loses each time. then i would be happy to use her in back. is that a good idea anyway?

14. hakuzen

hakuzen

IGN/ID:
    Hakuzen
    Club:
    MarbleBlue
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 41, CoT 35
    Yuri + Nerua + 2 dark action speed stone will give you 100% CAR actually, it's quite nice. Like Hildegard.
    From what I hear, Mikael is pretty bad. Despite his skills, his own reflex is really low.

15. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    see, i hear that about mikael also.. he battled me in PVP, lost badly. i laughed because the one time he made it to my backline, he shot my GK, dealing 43 dmg. XD. so i should work on CAR as well as reflexes? and 2 dark action speed stones for who? each of them?

16. hakuzen

hakuzen

IGN/ID:
    Hakuzen
    Club:
    MarbleBlue
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    CoD 41, CoT 35
    That depends on which units are we talking about. For Hilde or any other attacker that can reach 100% CAR, get them to 100% CAR. For units who has high reflex like Kiki, give them reflex.
    For yuri though, she's bad at both so just hope she doesn't get CA'ed xD

17. FatalCookies

FatalCookies Cookie Master

IGN/ID:
    CookiesOP
    Club:
    Paradox cookie chef
    Galaxy:
    Colosseum:
    That idea works if your Hild have 100% CA resist, enough dribble, crit and crit dmg. Enemy players will suicide or take a lot of damage when stealing from her. 100% CA resist is not necessary but then you'll be subjected to the wrath of RNGesus

Mikael is a top tier attacker, you can invest more CA resist in him if he loses the ball often.

18. VentusXP

IGN/ID:
    LazyRem
    Club:
    None
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    hmm.. makes sense, so when i bring meiran's spu up a bit, or whatever i decide to do, i'll use hilde as PvP support and place her backline so she will have 100%CAR

19. Bacon is fluffy

Bacon is fluffy Diamond

IGN/ID:
    lolhida (it was a throw away account OTL)
    Club:
    NoobTrap
    Galaxy:
    Doimind
    Colosseum:
    Or you could just not run attackers.....

swordstriker21 and Zeappa like this.
  20. Jason

Jason

How would you go about doing that? He has two slots for thunder and one for light. None of these elements hold any stones for CA resist. If you use the dark speed stone in the prism slot, you'd get some CA resist, but it would be useless because that'll never reach 100%. Just wondering...