1. Welcome to the Soccer Spirits Forum! We're dedicated to creating the best community in Soccer Spirits, where you can get help about your team, units, or share general tactics! So why not join us ? Or, you can login with facebook. Registering will also disable ads!
  2. Dont post your team questions here! There is a Team Advice section for this purpose.

Which legendaries feel the LEAST "legendary" to you???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shipwrecksos, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Generally speaking, we know that legendaries are supposed to be a cut above other 5-star players, especially considering how difficult they can be to obtain. But, there are some Legendaries that just don't FEEL very legendary at all. In fact, some legendaries lag so badly that they're easily outclassed by 5-star alternatives.

So, which Legendary players do you feel are the LEAST "legendary" in their abilities and stats???

To me personally, Leventor comes to mind. Not only is he disadvantaged against the WW-heavy, Magnus infested meta right now, but he has very little unique or exciting skills, and to top it off, his main position bonus is in the CENTER of the frontline (which is a terrible place for strikers). Shu was pretty bad before he got his redesign, but with his rework he's now one of the best attackers in the game. Bell has improved too, but she's still not where many people want her to be. Are there any other underwhelming legendaries out there?

Feel free to list any legendaries that you feel aren't living up to their legendary status.

2. Kazu19

Kazu19

Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    D60*I74*T50
    Bell lol

3. icebarrier

icebarrier Bronze

IGN/ID:
    draww (galaxy server)
    Ya taco bell

4. Slay

Slay

IGN/ID:
    Tsubaslay
    Club:
    White Lotus
    Galaxy:
    Diamond
    Colosseum:
    I have to say... William, ardor has two other Strikers that do a better job(Sharr for pve, Kyoko for PvP)

5. Viticide

Viticide Bronze

IGN/ID:
    Viticide
    Club:
    Com2uStream
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    While I don't agree legends are supposed to be better, because this idea is what led to the imbalanced meta we now have of broken legends, I do feel they are supposed to feel unique. I don't believe any legend is bad right now. No, not even Bell or Beth. They're just not broken.

However, there are some I feel don't live up to the idea of feeling unique or special.

Leventor: Great Striker who's only problem is the WW infestation + Magnus. He can wreck most other GKs. But his kit is rather... bland. While the kit is all around solid and leaves him lacking nothing, he also has nothing that you don't see on anyone else.

William: Also a great Striker who's primary problem is Magnus (again) + Presty. Presty hurts his kit bad and Magnus being rampant everywhere is just as bad for him as it is for Lev. However, just like Lev his kit is a bit boring. It's not as bad as Lev though because though crit dmg is everywhere, no one has it as high as William does. At least that's something more stand out than anything Lev has.

Bell: Solid kit that has improved her more than people give her credit for. But she has nothing unique either. Once upon a time she was rather unique in having a totem that buffed three stats. Then BB started handing out such totems all over the place as more players were released and/or got EEs. The only thing that is a bit unique in her kit now is her active. The strength of the effect vs the cost is much better for hers than it is for any other such teamwide actives. But the active itself is not something particularly amazing like Serestia's so it's more about great efficiency than a great effect.

And there are some that if not for their brokeness I feel would also be left as bland.

Duke: This guy has much too much going for him in a kit with zero conditions attached to it. High offensive stats, high dr, and a totem all with no requirements of a specific action or event occurring. He just has it all all of the time. It's a rather boring kit. However, the numbers themselves are too high resulting in Duke being too good of both a linebreaker and wall while still providing a totem for his line. He has no weakness. Duke is the #1 reason entirely selfish Attackers have no place in the game right now. Duke is just better than all of them while also providing support that they don't. It's the selfish Attackers who should have this level of raw power, not a player who also can support his team regardless of being a legend or not. But if you nerf him he has a boring kit. I do believe he should be nerfed. But I also believe BB should take the chance to rework one of his skills into something more interesting. Take the time to balance him and make him worthy of being a legend.

Baltheon: Pretty much the same thing as Duke. Baltheon's kit is boring. Effective, but boring. He currently has far too much passing power and it needs to be nerfed. However, just like with Duke, in nerfing Baltheon BB should find a way to make one of his skills more distinguishing. Baltheon is simply an effective player with insane pass numbers. Take away that insane pass and he has nothing unique as he currently is. Baltheon is a powerful demon obsessed with revenge over something. A skill related to that would be appropriate I believe.

Duran: Same thing yet again. This guy is the all-too-powerful backline totem of backline totems. No backline is better without Duran. He gives a bit of everything. But that's all he is, a giant stat stick. He has no unique mechanics or effects. Duran needs to lose one of his totems in exchange for something selfish but unique. What that might be, I don't know. I can name any number of random ideas off the top of my head but what would be best (and balanced) is completely debatable. Hopefully something that gives the vibe of the researcher obsessed with the power of the gatekeepers that he is.

6. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

You can be "better" without being "broken." The thing is, I don't really care about having simply a "unique" kit in PVP if it doesn't actually help win matches. Both Shu and Vivid Fear are VERY unique attackers, with interesting toolkits, but expecting Shu to not be any better than Vivid Fear is not a good approach. He SHOULD, in fact, be objectively better (and he his, though they both have great utility, with some healing to boot).

The problem is when they put a formula in the game with no "ceiling" or "diminishing returns" so that it can be exploited (like with Glayde's support passive buff, and Miri's damage increase buff based on crit rate without any real "cap" to it.)

That's where balance comes in. Legendaries should feel like legendaries both in "uniqueness" AND "power." Otherwise, just deduct a star and give me back my Dimension Stones!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. Yuraji

Yuraji Bronze

IGN/ID:
    Yuraji
    Club:
    Arcanis
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    Bell is probably the only legend that doesn't stand out right now, I want to say Superplay being the main reason. The leader return damage nerf really hurt her as well though since she's not able to utilize her 1m buff to the fullest. 2/3 skills being not as reliable is what pulling her out of the league.

Other legends live up to their status imo. I disagree that Willy and Lev are don't feel legendary, the problem lies not with their kits but with other unbalances units which is not a reason to call them not legend status worth. I have been using Lev for a long time and his damage is very solid. Its true that Magnus and WW is everywhere, but that is hardly a reason to call him not good, same for Willy and Presty.

8. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos

Out of curiosity, do you put him in the CF position where his max bonus is, or do you put him on one of the sides??? Nearly every other striker in the game is has the position bonus set to left or right, which is where they usually need to be for most effectiveness. I've always thought that Leventor's position bonus was rather odd.

9. Yuraji

Yuraji Bronze

IGN/ID:
    Yuraji
    Club:
    Arcanis
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    I put him on one of the sides. You might get a bigger boost in his favorite position, but it is definitely not worth splitting the shots 3 way all the time.

10. Viticide

Viticide Bronze

IGN/ID:
    Viticide
    Club:
    Com2uStream
    Galaxy:
    Galaxy
    Colosseum:
    It's not a matter of broken or not. Better is better. If they're better, why use any 5* players? And the real problem is if they have to be better, how much stronger is just enough that they are objectively better? Different people would define that by different amounts. If the goal is to make something better without a doubt, then it has to be better by a good enough margin. That large enough gap results in them being unbalanced vs 5* players. This is why I don't feel legends should be strictly better. You simply can't make something better, for certain, while keeping it balanced. That just doesn't work.

Cost and rarity can be justified by uniqueness. If they are unique it means you can't get that skillset or whatever anywhere else. It can also be justified by the cost BB puts into making them. Particularly with the newer legends its obvious BB has put more effort into making them than 5* players. They have more lore, more art assets, more voice lines, etc compared to 5* players. They are liable to end up just a little better by having unique kits. But if the focus is to make them unique then likely any greater power is more likely to be kept minimal and debatable as to whether or not they are actually better. And if they end up that much better that they can't be competed with, nerf them. But you can't focus on them being better and make them so while maintaining balance. If legends have to be better, legend teams end up better and the game gets pay to win. Strictly better and balanced just don't work together.

MyLastDreams and Yuraji like this.